The online racing simulator
Off Topic : TESTING Opportunity (UK and International)
Hello Testers!

This post is not about LFS but is relevant to game testing. Some of you I am sure are interested in games as well as simulators. Well here is an opportunity to test games before they are released.

Andy Robson, who Eric and I used to work with at Lionhead (he was Head of Testing) has set up a company Testology in the UK. They are contracted to test games for game developers.

Testology website : www.testology.co.uk

Testing is a fluctuating business, the number and scale of projects on the go varies constantly. So they need people on call so they can expand on demand, also sometimes there is large scale testing on the internet.

So, if you are interested in some testing, please send Andy an email, tell him a bit about yourself, how much time you have free usually and of course where you live.

UK applicants are likely to get more testing, for volunteer work and sometimes permanent or temporary positions may come up. International volunteer testing could be quite fun I am sure.

Contact Andy Robson : arobson@testology.co.uk
Hey cool, thanks for the heads up Scawen.

Would be awesome to test out some new super-duper-hyper game and give some feedback knowing I will be doing it for the greater good..........*cough*.

P.S. No. 1!
Quote from Damo74 :
Would be awesome to test out some new super-duper-hyper game and give some feedback knowing I will be doing it for the greater good..........*cough*.

Yeah, like some sort of online racing simulation! Now if someone could come up with something like that.
Hehe, I enjoy playing games but mostly I can't beat 'em without cheats
if only i didnt have college is there any idea on how many hours we will need to be available?
Quote from evosports :if only i didnt have college is there any idea on how many hours we will need to be available?

It will depend on the project and what is required. Some testing enviroments are 2-3 hours - some testing requirements may need 3-4 days every week.

If you were applying - I would put what hours you can spare - and you may get selected for a project. You dont have to do it.

Try your luck.
"u got mail"
:bump:

Just thought I'd mention this is still valid.

Andy would always like to hear from new people available for game testing on site in the UK or on the internet internationally.
How did I manage to miss this thread before? I've beta tested an assload of games already and I find the beta communities are often more fun than the folks you find when the games go gold.

Count me in!
Is previous experience necessary? I haven't "officialy" tested games before, but it is an area I'm interested in, and have read a good bit about.
Quote from Scawen ::bump:

Just thought I'd mention this is still valid.

Andy would always like to hear from new people available for game testing on site in the UK or on the internet internationally.

Any ideas where he mainly does on site testing? I live in berkshire anywhere close to me?
Quote from Dajmin :How did I manage to miss this thread before? I've beta tested an assload of games already and I find the beta communities are often more fun than the folks you find when the games go gold.

Count me in!

You won't be counted in unless you send an email to Andy!

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Is previous experience necessary? I haven't "officialy" tested games before, but it is an area I'm interested in, and have read a good bit about.

No. Andy is used to dealing with people without experience, there was always a few work experience testers at Lionhead.

There are just all sorts of possibilities, volunteer testing and possibly paid testing, depending on experience and situation. Maybe you'd be called up a lot, maybe not a lot. But the main thing is if you want to test some games before they are released and can keep things to yourself, then contact Andy and get on his list.

The more the better he says, because he can expand and contract the testing as required as work comes and goes. Some jobs are long, some are short.
Oh nice. Sounds like a done deal. Thats only 35 mins from me.

Thanks

Edit: Applied
Quote from Scawen :You won't be counted in unless you send an email to Andy!

Hey, don't worry. I typed that post as I was writing the email
It was good to be able to send a spec email and actually name drop. Made me feel like I was important
Im going to try to be an International tester just got done sending my email
#17 - Migz
Im just wondering, is there an age limit on this?
And seeing as i live in the u.k but not on the mainland is there anyway i can test? Such as over the internet or something? I saw some references to it, but nothing saying im definetly aloud to test them from home?

Thanks if you know anything about this
I just got an email from him...

"if you haven't can you please submit a C.V; this is just for our records."

Whats a C.V?
Curriculum Vitae, as posted by mcgas001.

It's a document (one or two sides of A4) describing yourself, including your educational / work / work experience in chronological order.

Also your address, current position, all relevant info and some personal info as well such as your interests.

It's a document which you can send to an employer so they know all about you before they meet you. It's the first step to any job.

Andy may take on some people as employees and there may be less formal work as well. In either case I'm sure he wants to know something about you so that's why he's asking for a C.V. He can read it and store it so he can look you up any time.
Quote from Scawen :Curriculum Vitae, as posted by mcgas001.

It's a document (one or two sides of A4) describing yourself, including your educational / work / work experience in chronological order.

Also your address, current position, all relevant info and some personal info as well such as your interests.

It's a document which you can send to an employer so they know all about you before they meet you. It's the first step to any job.

Andy may take on some people as employees and there may be less formal work as well. In either case I'm sure he wants to know something about you so that's why he's asking for a C.V. He can read it and store it so he can look you up any time.

Your saying this Andy guy? I got an email from a guy named Jeff...Are they working together?
Jeff is the guy who deals with andys recuriments. Hes just helps andy, Dont worry

E: im sure thats correct anyway? Feel free to correct me if im wrong
Quote from mcgas001 :Jeff is the guy who deals with andys recuriments. Hes just helps andy, Dont worry

Ah, alright thanks
Yes Jeff works for Testology as well. I know him too, he also used to be a tester at Lionhead.
Quote from Scawen :Curriculum Vitae, as posted by mcgas001.

[ snip ]

Work experience should apparently now be in _reverse_ chronological order.

I hadn't applied for a job in years and I always listed things in chronological order too, but it was pointed out in a recent interview that it's the norm / expected these days to be reversed. Things have changed a lot in the last 10 years it seems. Just a FWIW

Regards,

Ian
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG