The online racing simulator
#26 - Migz
Just ignore my question then lol.
I'll just email him and ask him if it is still possible for me to test.
Yes you just have to ask them.

All I know is Andy wants people to contact him so he has people available to test games either local to him or over the internet for when internet testing or mass testing is required.
#28 - Migz
Oh right, thanks. Just about to send the email of now then.
Thanks for showing this btw I always love to design my cheapy games XD testing other's games will be fun.
I sent a C.V last week and haven't gotten a reply.....So, I hope sometime soon I will know what im doing.
My CV(RESUMÉ YOU SILLY BRITS!!!) would be very lame.
#31 - Migz
Quote from scoobyrbac :I sent a C.V last week and haven't gotten a reply.....So, I hope sometime soon I will know what im doing.

Yeah i dont think you will get a reply, i think its all automated.

I sent an email asking if it was possible for me to test if im 14 and dont live on mainland uk. And then i said some stuff about myself.
And the email i get is the one that asks me to submit my CV. So its automated If it wasnt i wouldve got my question aswered. But yeah lol.
its the real world folks... dont expect a reply instantly.

usually if u apply for a job online and send in your CV, you're likely to not hear from that company for at least 2-3 weeks.
I got a reply to mine from Jeff's Hotmail account (well it was a Hotmail account with his name, I assume it was really his since it's my proper named email address rather than my gaming one)

I didn't include a CV with my spec letter because I don't have an up-to-date one and I don't like random people having my address details
But I'm making a new CV and will send it off when it's done.
#34 - Mc21
Quote from Migz :Yeah i dont think you will get a reply, i think its all automated.

No its not - I had had an email back, and was told to expect a phone call, just after Xmas. It was more than just a mail that said - send a C.V. it was conversational and picked up on points I had raised in my previous email.

The phone call never happened - but I did send my CV as requested.
Having been a tester before (For EA Sports) - I know that they select testers for appropriatte programs, and for specific tests.

They may require Testers for the likes of marketing evaluation, ie does this box appeal?, what does the picture say to you?, does it describe the "product" visually? Testing can comprise of pretty much anything.

Its not all gaming and testing unreleased stuff. It can be pretty hard work and frustrating stuff - working to dead lines and having to follow set routines. You also cant discuss any of the testing with anyone, other than those on the program.

Its lucky that Testology are in the UK, When with EA - I had to make confrence calls the USA every fortnight, to understand the next stage of the testing phase, and those calls were at 2 in the morning.

Depending on your interests as well, will determine the testing package that you ar recruited for.

I believe that Testology are recruiting for a portfolio of testers and even if you dont get a response now - you may in the future, so hang on and be patient.
I emailed him
hmm... I was reading through, and this sounds good, however, do you have to go down Aldershot or can you work from home? I live in the north west of england, Near Rochdale to be precise. and I was wondering if its possible to work form here...I also can't start untill mid-july because of final exams in school, and im not 16 untill the start of july.
I emailed them right after Scawen posted this and I got 2 emails...one asking me for a resume thing and telling me welcome...I have not recieved anything back from them since...I even emailed them a couple times asking if they were still doing it and I havent gotten an email back from them.
** Content Removed **
See PaulC2K's words of wisdom. Everyone else who has applied should take this as an opportunity to check their mail - taa
You'll go far in the beta testing scene handing out Beta information like that, at Sony EU (and the others i'd imagine) you'd get kicked out without a seconds pause for something careless/thoughtless like that.

You dont find it a little stupid to start posting beta information into a public forum?
I did this for anyone else that wanted to beta test, there was thousands of emails on the email I got from the company asking for testers.
Im pretty sure that anyone wanting to take part in the whole project still can, but they should go through the appropriate channels, and if they do want more people then they'll be accepted, if they dont want more testers then they wont appreciate unapproved and unknown people signing up.

Maybe they're fine with everyone knowing, but without knowing their feelings on it id say its best not to post this info, its one thing to acknowledge the arrival of something to do, but posting info sent to specific people should be avoided IMO (and also going off previous private beta groups, whether this specific task is public or private i dont know).

Better safe than sorry, dont want to get kicked out for something silly, could be some very exciting things ahead
Quote from scoobyrbac :there was thousands of emails on the email I got from the company asking for testers.

Which is an issue within itself, but out of our control tbh. I would've thought that companies would've learnt that you don't mass mail people like this by now
This got nothing to do with lfs:chairs: and it aint in the offtopic section
Go_Sideways this may have nothing to do with LFS but it does go read the first post and see why.

P.S. I would join the tester's but I live in Canada, i'm 13, and my comp has low specs so it wouldn't be able to run the new games. and there's a few more things but there kinda minor
Quote from go sideways :This got nothing to do with lfs:chairs: and it aint in the offtopic section

this has got some thing to do with a friend of the devs.
so it fits perfect in this topic "Testing"
-edited-
sry! replied to the wrong thread
I only sent an e-mail last night, but how soon should I expect a reply? I kinda forgot to send it 3 months ago
#49 - Mc21
I got a reply today.. After sending an email in Feburary >_<

It said
"By are records it shows that no one has got back in touch with you, has this been the case? Are you still looking for a job within the gaming industry? If so can you please let me know?
I’ll sort out an interview in the next few weeks and will let you know time and date to come to our offices. "

pow
Congratulations Mc21.
I got an email back yesterday but said I live too far away for him to setup a 1st interview - which is true, where I'm currently located down in Cornwall it's about 5 hours economical drive. He gave me some suggestions for helping me get into the industry though and offered more help if I need it - nice bloke that Jeff.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG