The online racing simulator
Baby-R Booking in
For the last.. 6 months or so i've been working on a website for the LFS community to use, the idea behind it is that it can help with the running of you race series, getting rid of some of the time consuming aspects and let the website effectively do all the hard work, mainly the pulling of the results from MPR files rather than manual input, and the calculation of the points for that round based on a point system assigned to that particular round. The driver and team standings are then compiled and available for all to see.

The Baby-R series is my little test dummy, with the permission of the ZWR folk who've known about this for a good few months now.

Theres still quite a few things im working on, there is currently 1 series running on the site (UFOC), which has 2 active seasons the forthcoming 'Baby-R "Fall-Out" Cup' & the currently in progress 'Baby-R Pre-season' which i've thrown in to use to test a few things before we start properly. It includes last week, yesterday, and next Thursdays results (when available :razz and the points calculations for the 5 people currently signed up for the series from those results.

Can everyone make sure that they are registered on the website, and signed up to the Baby-R "Fall-Out" Cup (you can register to the pre-season too), this is a requirement for the series not optional.

When registering, you'll be asked to enter very basic details the site needs to function properly, If your already registered on our forum (ex-mercury forum, now 'lfshosting forum' same db) then you can use those details and log in straight away. So if you register and it says you cant use that username/email then thats almost certainly because you already have an account from way back and should be able to use that.

Once you've registered and logged in, you might be asked for a couple of details so the site functions properly for ya, these being Firstname and Surname, LFS registered name, and then Team name and Team Tag are both optional. This will only appear to those already registered via the LFS Hosting forum, these are details we dont already have from you basically. From there you can check out any active series, and sign yourself up for them. You'll be asked to provide 3 details:
Number: This is your car/race number, 0-999 is available, any already taken are automatically removed, so typically help yourself to whatever takes your fancy, however please stick to the number assigned to you for this series.
Team Name: Just as it sounds, The team name you wish to appear as in this series (ie 'Double Dutch''Mercury Old Gits'), theres a little more to it, but i'll come back to that.
Team Tag: Same as above.

With these team values, they're currently NOT displayed on the site, these are visable for the series admin, they will create a team grouping of that name, and put you in that group. It doesnt matter if one person puts 'ZWR' and another puts 'Zwarte Racing' because the admin will just create a team group and you'll both be assigned to that group. If your racing under a different name to your proper teams name, make sure you enter then name you wish to appear as in this series.

Once people start signing up then we can start creating the Constructor/Team Groups together and assigning the correct drivers to those groups. The website then totals up all points by people in that group and thats your Constructor points calculated.
Feel free to have a wander round the site, some features arent working, if you get a dead link just ignore it for now, if something doesnt appear to be working correctly (db error messages etc) then feel free to PM me or similar and let me know, but bare in mind its a site very much under construction between 5pm & 3am most days so if things start erroring that were fine moments ago, you've just busted me, im crap at coding

Website Link: http://www.lfsevents.net
Excellent job done.... really like it and will be really useful!!!

I managed to register on the forum ok but if I try to login via the homepage it wont let me. I am logged in to the forums ok ...
#3 - Jakg
Same as StableX

It says:

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/events/public_html/admin/my_session_data.php:61) in /home/events/public_html/scripts/login_box.php on line 88"
i logged in fine after finding my old account but for some reason there is no button to accept the personal details i've entered.
site looks great, top job paul
ehmm very good you page paul... registration no prob, because i did it on the forum, but when I want to add my personal details there is no okey button to apply

EDIT: sry, overread previous post
Sorry about that guys, i modified the code slightly after getting it to do what i wanted it to do, it was basically a check for the 5 bits of information that it needed to ask about, it was supposed to say if the value is 5 (meaning all there) then dont bother showing the submit button, if its less than 5 show it. unfortunately the first check i used = which means the variable 'now equals', rather than == which means 'if they are equal', so it was always 5 meaning dont show ze button

Should be fixed now though.

I'll look at the forum registered folks, im wondering if the peice of code to transfer some information from the forum db to the events db is disabled, it does seem a little odd though.
Nice Paul.

Works splendid now. I had no trouble what so ever. like it. GJ.
#8 - Dru
Thanks for gettnig this up and off the ground Paul, and also for using the Baby-R cup as a way of 'beta' testing the system.. (hope you don't mind me putting it that way)
I have registered but cant login to site?
Login in forum did work.
Good Job Paul much appreciated
ehmmm any chance that if you made a mistake in with the name, that you can change it??? In stead of yfb LFS Racing I filled in yfb LFS Forum (what in hell came to my mind)
submit button FTW
i have another small question, "what shall drivers put for team status if they not in a team?"
keep up the good work
Quote from Quint999 :Same here , forum registration fine and can log into forum. But nothing happens when trying to login to events site / booking in form

yep same here...
Right, im looking into the Registration issue atm, good news is that i've recreated the problem, now i just need to start looking at the cause of it.

Well, ive found one problem, but how its happened is a complete mystery to me, theres 2 databases, the forum was has the majority of the information and used for login stuff, the events db just get info from the forum each time you login (last visit, irrelevent stuff like that) but holds additional info like your name, team, & lfs username.
Theres a 'key' your user_id number, everyones is unique, the value increments +1 each time someone registers. The forum and events db had considerably different values, neither of which were close to what they should be, it should be at 405 for the next registration, but instead it had a 5 digit number.

Could i get some feedback from everyone, could you say where you registered (forum or lfsevents) and if its from the forum, was it in the last 24hrs or some time ago?
My guess is its the forum folk theres a problem with, old and new, i think website registration shouldnt have this issue but i could be wrong, iirc it enters the information into both databases in one run, the forum method requires a check each time everyone logs in, if your info isnt in the events db then create it. Quite a few people dont have events db entries, but some do, so i need to make sure i know which methods are working and which arent. I can see everyone has validated their accounts, so the forum will be working fine, its my side of things not playing ball
haha, just noticed that the events site registration page isnt there, its the old one sending you to the forum to register, so that solves that issue, everyone has registered via the forum method.

i'll rename the registration pages so the correct one is in place so everyone else can register via the site itself, hopefully saves a few problems, if anyone does have problems after registering via the website let me know and mention it was this method you used.
Erm...I'm sure I clicked I was born "On or after 27 Oct 1994" but it still done the COPPA thing.

Could you activate me or something please mate.

Username: Looney

Edit: What a f'ing doughnut! - It's not my fault, I was on a train/black cab for 12 hours last night >.< Didn't get home till 3am...long story.
got this today Paul.....

Quote :Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/events/public_html/index.php on line 114

It showed just above where it lists the events
Quote from The General Lee :Erm...I'm sure I clicked I was born "On or after 27 Oct 1994" but it still done the COPPA thing.

Could you activate me or something please mate.

Username: Looney

Edit: What a f'ing doughnut! - It's not my fault, I was on a train/black cab for 12 hours last night >.< Didn't get home till 3am...long story.

Give it a try now, ive activated the account i think.

Quote from StableX :got this today Paul.....

It showed just above where it lists the events

Right, i'll get onto that along with the already growing list of problems
I could only login on the forums and when I did login on the forums it said "This board has no forums"
some problems I noticed.... (first of all, I registreted on the forum a couple of weeks ago) 1. When I'm logged in, and I click on series entered it shows me this error!
Quote :Not Found The requested URL /booking_in/series_entered.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/1.3.37 Server at lfsevents.net Port 80

2. When I click on Info (of UF Owners Club - Baby-R Pre-season) and then on Entrant List it shows:
Quote :Baby-R Pre-season Entrant List Car # Real Name LFS Username Status Constructor Division Class #77 Paul Chapman PaulC2K Active (V) Mercury Old Gits NYA NYA #7 Eivind Larssen norwegianviper Active (V) Mercury Old Gits NYA NYA #21 Jonathon Pickard RC10racer Active (V) Mercury Young Uns NYA NYA #86 Sebastian Franke Rooble Active (V) Mercury Young Uns NYA NYA #5 Justin Parker dru Active Privateer NYA NYA #55 Unspecified Privateer NYA NYA

-> behind my beautiful #55 there is no information of me although I added all my data when I was asked to (means RL Name, LFS ID, Team...) This way I described is the only way I reach this side as well: If I first go over Booking-In and then klick on Series Info and then on Entrant List, it is Empty. 3. Result pages are alway empty... don't know if it's just a lack of information or a bug.... that's all for this moment cheers Zz0 EDIT: for some reasons pressing ENTER doesn't efect anything in this forum...

I cannot use these features like size or type or the smileys neither.
Looney: Should be fixed now, you were still in the COPPA group, when removing the activation code from your entry in the db i'd moved you from group #6 to #5 which everyone else were in, for some reason when i logged into the forum admin area it still had you in the COPPA Registered group, im guessing all the forum areas are hidden to that group, i guess i should do something about that, not really needed to though.

TFalke:
Thats a dead link, as mentioned earlier i think there may be one or 2. The page doesnt exist, on my HDD or the servers.

For the Entry list, i suspect thats because you havent given it your firstname, surname & lfsname? Ive just looked, and you dont have an entry in the events database, so your entrant details for that group are nameless, it'll require manual editting of the db which i'll do at a suitable time. I dont quite understand how you've managed to book yourself in without being logged in, theres actually 1 or 2 pages which check for ANY validation, the whole site is completely open if you know the URLs to visit, its not something im too concerned about at this time, but i might have to go into each page and put the 1-2 line of code in each document incase it causes similar mistakes. Its just so much easier for me to work on a site that doesnt require logging in while nobody but me knows about it etc.
Quote from PaulC2K : For the Entry list, i suspect thats because you havent given it your firstname, surname & lfsname? Ive just looked, and you dont have an entry in the events database, so your entrant details for that group are nameless, it'll require manual editting of the db which i'll do at a suitable time. I dont quite understand how you've managed to book yourself in without being logged in, theres actually 1 or 2 pages which check for ANY validation, the whole site is completely open if you know the URLs to visit, its not something im too concerned about at this time, but i might have to go into each page and put the 1-2 line of code in each document incase it causes similar mistakes. Its just so much easier for me to work on a site that doesnt require logging in while nobody but me knows about it etc.

ehm... I mentioned befor I have given firstname surname and lfsname, and I was logged in when I did this I know it for 100%
Quote : Profile Achievements yfb.Zz0 yfb LFS Racing User avatar Joined: 22 September, 2007 :: 16:10 Last visited: 28 October, 2007 :: 15:21 Warnings: 0 All Time Race Finishes Race Finishes Race Finishes Race Finishes Race Finishes Race Achievements: 0 0 0 1 1 Series Achievements: 0 0 0 Last 6 Months Race Achievements: 0 0 0 1 1 Series Achievements: 0 0 0 Personal Information Driver ID 395 Username yfb.Zz0 Firstname Thilo Surname Falkenberg LFS Name TFalke55 Email Address tfalke55@aol.com Database Stored Team Name yfb LFS Racing Team Tag yfb.

that are my driver settings...
I've just realised where the problem comes from, it ties in with the fact that the old registration page was still on the site directing everyone to the forum to register, and i think i modified the login process because i'd solved the problems i was having with people registering via the website and the data going into the forum db from the site. Unfortunately it looks like i deleted the script (hdd and on the server, one of the few times i'd go and delete no longer needed files, typical!) there doesnt appear to be anything in place to take a forum account and then create an entry in the events db for it. Sorry about that.

Anyone that wants to can head to the forum and im pretty sure you can delete your account from the UCP area, if not give me a shout and i'll delete it myself and then you can recreate the account via the sites registration page which adds to both db's at the same time.
Anyone not fussed, i should have that script wrote in about an hour or so.
Cr@p, my mistake, i searched for Looney and it came back with nothing, was getting my replies mixed up.
The site automatically logs you out after about 30min of inactivity on the events site, is it possible this could have happened? I know its unlikely, but i'll check thats not wrong.

incidently, it seems Mr Hoiting has registered to the Baby-R series (proper one) and he would have done so via forum account login, now im totally confused
it also took all his info correctly and threw it into the relevent table, so it adds to the possibility that you'd accidently been logged out and without a login check on those pages your application was processed without you actually being logged in.
As i say, could be wrong, i just know it could be a reason for these results.
Quick post, top gear starting....

The site is now accepting forum accounts, and creating LFSEvents entries.
Theres an error as soon as its logged you in, i'll fix that, pressing F5 will remove it its the 'if we dont have your real name' redirect peice of code trying to do something it cant (apparently!).

Im going to go through the site from a new accounts point of view, i can see a couple of odd errors, i'll check into those and get them fixed

Dont book yourself into any series though, *once logged in* please visit:
http://www.lfsevents.net/booking_in/missing_data.php
Then you should be able to add your name and team details, and then book yourself in etc.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG