The online racing simulator
Psymonhilly:
If your not in a team, you can leave it blank, currently anyone that isnt in a constructor/team grouping gets listed as being 'privateer' which would be what you'd be entered as in this series.

I *think* im bug-free now, everyone should be able to log in just fine, if you get an error message after logging in that mentions not being able to modify headers, let me know, ive deleted my testing account and logged in to see if it errors for me, it didnt but i dont quite understand what i changed that may have solved it.

If theres any errors found, or anything ive missed please let me know.
Just so everyone knows, when you register to the series the points you've picked up at the past rounds wont automatically be assigned to you, theres a calculation script that needs to be run, for each round, that goes through the list of entrants for the series and looks in the results and gives them the points based on whatever the series admin has set for that specific type of round.
So, the reason you wont have any points is because when the calculations were done your name wasnt in the list of entrants. I'll run the script every now and then just to check its working, but if you see other names in the list have been added and received points yet you've still got none, let me know straight away.

Im currently working on the page to display the round results, used to work before i implemented the MPR parser, theres a lot of new things added in the last week which is why a few things arent working, they used to for the old versions and i've prioritised my workload to get you guys in and able to register, the rest i can still work on with the 10 days or so we have till Rnd1 when it really needs to work.

[edit] Just remembered there a little more to it than just running the calculation script, all the user_id's need assigning to the already created race results, when its parsing it gets that info then, i need to create an db updater that just updates the existing results if need be.[/edit]
Nightfly, you needed to enter your real name & lfsname into the 'missing data' screen when you logged in, if you leave that blank then its blank information that gets submitted when you register to a series. I can only tell its you because it knows your user_id, looks like that page needs extra checks before allowing you to submit an application.

Results page is working (its a different url im working on) although it looks odd while half the results arent assigned to specific people (it lists username, which is better than nothing i guess) and the people sign-up upto nightfly will notice they have points in the standings now
1 small problem i have atm, any none finishers seem to be omitted from the results, not sure why that is, but they'll have to be manually entered for the time being
well....i did that..missed one of ur posts I assume cuz i didn't find place to put my real name when i looked at first
Just tried registering...It's not having it...

Warning: main(/home/events/public_html/booking_in/user_db_submit.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/events/public_html/booking_in/register_submit.php on line 100

Warning: main(/home/events/public_html/booking_in/user_db_submit.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/events/public_html/booking_in/register_submit.php on line 100

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/events/public_html/booking_in/user_db_submit.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/events/public_html/booking_in/register_submit.php on line 100

User Entered into database successfully:
Stuart Baker
Email:
Username: Bean0
You will receive an email shortly, you must follow the link to activate your account

Then from clicking link in email...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/events/public_html/booking_in/activate.php on line 80

i had the same

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/events/public_html/booking_in/activate.php on line 80
i've noticed that some ppl have managed to book-in to the leagues.
ive not got that far yet as the booking-in comes up with a blank screen with no options to help me enter details.
how did other ppl manage it ? or is it just me
thx
it worked fine until i got a couple errors at the end of reg but it worked then i got the error trying to verify, what browse u using

edit:the errors were the same as bean0 's ones
i tried it with IE, Mozilla and opera and it's the same blank page i get.
well i used old ie
Quote from Bean0 :Just tried registering...It's not having it...

registration error code

Then from clicking link in email...
Sorry about that, the site registration method was trying to open the file i'd deleted which i'd mentioned earlier, i've recreated it but it was under a slightly different name.

user activation error code

Checked that, spotted an open ending 'if' comment which went straight into 'else' without actually ending the 'if' first.
Not sure how that was done, im certain i did that when creating it, fixed it and uploaded it but unless i accidently hit undo at some point its obviously gone missing again.

Quote from Psymonhilly :i've noticed that some ppl have managed to book-in to the leagues.
ive not got that far yet as the booking-in comes up with a blank screen with no options to help me enter details.
how did other ppl manage it ? or is it just me
thx

Damn, thats down to a db issue i never got round to completing, everyone's access level is '0' as default when the database was created, now the default is '1' but the 405 account already created stay at '0' meaning everyone got no access. I've done page 1, 3, 7 & 8, there were quite a few people who wouldnt have access, inc bawbag, bio, pecker, you, jakg even faster111!! your all done now (your page 3, 30 users per page) and i'll get 2/4/6 done in a moment

[edit] page 2 & 4 done, 6 was already done [/edit]
Standings - returns several division by zero errors. Only at Preseason results, not in the actual Baby-R league.
#37 - mr_x
next error when pressing the link from the activation email:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/events/public_html/booking_in/activate.php on line 100

edit: and another one when i tried to log-in (although non-activated account could have something to do with it)

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/events/public_html/index.php on line 114
Sorry about that Chris, it was exactly the same problem as before, this time it was the 'else' section which wasnt closed, last time it was the 'if' bit before it

I created a test account just to try a couple of things:
"You account has been activated, you can now log in"
Seems to have worked, but its become apparent my spelling is about as good as my coding

In saying that, its still not allowing a login, gimmi a few moments and i'll get it fixed, i know what the problem is (theres actually 2 problems) which i spotted while trying to sort our Psymonhilly's account, its not creating a 2nd variable to complicate the encryption method, so i need to give all forum accounts a random 16-character 'salt' code, and make sure it knows to salt the password when checking it. I dont know what 'salt' is specificly, but im getting fed up of it, already wasted 4 days last week with this!!
Just a quick update, i've had to PM the person that helped mewith the updating of the user login script last week.
There was an update to the phpBB3 forum about 2 weeks ago, one of the features was to completely redo the way the password is stored, it involves encrypting the value you originally gave it, adds the random 16-char value on the end (called 'salt') and then it encrypts that.

The website can *read* the new method of checking a password, however it was never generating an MD5+salt password. So its trying to compare a salted pw with an unsalted one, meaning you aint getting in.

People should be able to log into the forum, that will see your unsalted password, it'll convert it for you and then you *should* be able to log into the site.
Website registration is disabled for now, its back to forum only for the time being.

As i mentioned in the previous post, i'd originally sorted out the login system then 24hrs later i installed the phpbb3 update and it completely wrecked everything i'd done, unfortunately it never occured to me that the registration side was still building accounts in the old manner, the forum can read them and convert them, but the site cant understand it at all.

dawesdust_12:
As mentioned last night, the standings require manual work to the database to calculate your info.
When the results are generated from the MPR file it gets the first LFSW Username, checks the list of people registered to that season and gets the User_id for them. That along with the results all goes into the database.

The MPR file was parsed about 5 days ago, only I was registered to the test series, so it could only get my user_id and assign it to all my results. All other results have no user_id.
To fix this i have to go to every result, end throw in your user_id, something i cant do until you've registered on the site, and then run a calculation script for every round. This is something im doing on a daily basis.

Typically if you werent signed up for an event, you wouldnt have been in the race, so when a series starts it'll have all the drivers signed up, then when the parsing is done its all done automatically, just as it will be on Thursday hopefully, but because ive parsed when theres only 1 person signed up theres huge gaps. The site is only live for registration, the rest is still being worked on for roughly 8hrs a day.
when i go to sign in it asks for a team name and tag when im a privateer
Quote from Quint999 :Paul

do i need to do anything else ? , i still cant login to the booking in site & not sure from your previous post whether your still going to use this system , or its abandoned for the moment.

my name is still down on the original sign in thread here, is that enough ?

thanks

Can you log into the forum? If you can do that successfully, then head to the site and try again, chances are if you can get into the forum you can THEN get into the site even when you couldnt get in earlier.

Its a modification being made to how your password is stored, the forum requires this and so it does all the conversion, if the forum hasnt converted it then unfortunately the site cant understand it.

This applies to everyone that it hasnt worked for as of yet, head to the forum, log in, log out if you wish, but then go back to the site and give it another go.
Anyone having problems logging in and/or booking in please let me know, just so im not under the impression everyone is getting in fine.

The error message almost certainly came from an incorrect URL, it probably didnt have the series/season information to know which set of entrants you were looking for. The page you got there from must have either not had that info or its lost it when giving a link... not sure, i'll have a dig round.

As for the actual series/booking in, everyone is still officially confirmed as being in the series, this site just requires everyone to register in and then submit themselves to the series so that this website can calculate and display everyones points rather than Dru or whoever sitting infront of Excel adding up the points (only for me to correct them for 3 of the 4 rounds :razz etc. Its no more than an additional tool to help make life easier for series organisers.

James:
Anyone that isnt in a team grouping gets lumped with 'Privateer' it makes no difference there what team details you've submitted, IIRC only 1 page currently displays that, and its an admin page where the admin creates a team group. 'Mercury Old Gits' is made up of 2 users, Viper & PaulC2K, thats how the constructor points are calculated, it allows the admin to form a solid grouping of a team, rather than expecting them to be capable of entering the identical details and then having the site search for others with the same 'teamname' value in the db etc.
I know i've created all the teams for either the pre-season or the proper season, some drivers are associated with the teams they'll be racing under, some arent and it looks like you arent *ATM*.

Maybe defaulting drivers to 'privateer' isnt the right decision, perhaps 'NYA' or similar would be better, help avoid confusion for those who shall be in a team but are displayed as driving solo. The series organiser can then make people privateer or create the team group 'Team A' and put that person into it etc.
what you could do is have a checkbox especially on the book in page to say you are a privateer
Hmmm, i've just discovered something... IE sucks ass!!
How the hell is the website working fine in FF and yet not in IE.

Im guessing your using IE because im getting the same error after trying to log in with both the accounts ive setup this last week, both work fine in Firefox.

I'll have a look at everything, visually i can understand irregularities between the browsers, but the php doesnt care what its read in, what it outputs to be displayed needs to be compatable, but the inner working is the same.
:nods with confused look on face type smilie: if only that existed
Im using modified php.ini and .htaccess files in order to override a couple of security features, however i assumed those would still work when it came to IE reading them, however it seems its not the case.

The error you mentioned is gone, i got rid of it by telling it the db details just before it went to fetch info, every page requests the mysql details for the website, however with the introduction of the forum based login i have to give it seperate db details so it can access that, i can only assume somehow it had the forum details when it came to that section of the page, not the site details.
Eitherway, that doesnt resolve the issue of the page not reading the php instructions the same as it does in Firefox. Im having a look using IE6.0 so i'll keep playing with things to make sure that every peice of info is being read, its requesting info in seperate files along the way so maybe one peice isnt being read and thats stopping IE from working properly.

I've just tried running i script i'd done a while back just to do the pw comparison for the login, and its working fine in IE with my un/pw so it is capable of validating the pw but something somewhere along the way isnt working as it is on FF.
okay.... after a lot of... doing nothing, its working.
Its good fun this coding lark isnt it!

realised that moments after the last post, only i didnt click 'submit' im slow, but im not 2hrs slow
Hi Paul just looked at the results table and I am now #99 instead of #100 can you please put me back to #100 please as I cannot I believe change it from my end.

Cheers
done, your #100 now
Cheers Mate .... Now that's what I call Service
I still don't get how you can add stuff when I cant even get in to that part of the site ... wont let me login
http://www.lfsevents.net/testi ... K&try_password=blabla
Change the username & password to your own details and it should confirm that the pw is correct, your pw is definately in the correct format so the website should accept it just fine.

The username is also case sensitive (StableX is what i have in the forum db).
Are you getting any error messages when trying to log in, or is it just loading the exact same page up? I could do with modifying the way it rejects the login instead of it reloading the same page have it go to the main login page with a reason for it failing etc.

IE/FF?

One thing i do know is your account on the site db hasnt been created, that would be done once you've logged in the first time, so its never successfully validated your information whether its right or wrong.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG