The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :i own a s2 licence? where's the problem?

Why do you always post with that 'Intrepid' account if you own an S2 license?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Why do you always post with that 'Intrepid' account if you own an S2 license?

Erm, either I'm going mad with boredom here, or it says S2 Licensed under his name.
Quote from Bean0 :Erm, either I'm going mad with boredom here, or it says S2 Licensed under his name.

That's not his account though, it's a account that has apparently been shared around when people want to misbehave on S2 servers.
lol not for the last year it hasn't been shared around. It is now fully my account
Here is another RL racer. Touring cars is what I like to race.
Predict me to respond? lol....
I am curious to race with others..
If you can't handle a little bumping on your rear and side... TOUGH! That's life with racing, there WILL be contact.
I must admit I am liking he idea of creating this server.

Each driver has a profile showing what they race, or raced in real life. And then have the sim wildcards. I think it will make an interesting concept. But it will need time, and work.

Right all I have to do now is figure out all this server/league mumbo jumbo lololololollololololol
Quote from danowat :Do you really think people "tip toe" around other drivers just because they can't themselves handle close racing?, if you do think that, then you are wayyyyy off the mark.

People drive like that because they HAVE to, they have to show respect for others, simply because LFS's collision detection is THAT sensitive.

I would like nothing more than to door bang, but you just can't, for now.

I think you should take a look at some of the races in the Irish national cup, in particular the round at Westhill, and then make some comments about close racing.

Amongst all the other things on here I find this comment really bizarre. Im struggling to think of a time when I have been catapulted in the air when door to door racing. If people where tip toeing around race tracks then the collision detection would be a massive priority on the fix list.

Back to what Alan is saying, I can kind of see where he is coming from and I dont think his statements are that outrageous. But once again forum members start shooting people down because they are blinkered by emotion and are assuming he is calling all Non-Real Life racers crap, which he clearly isnt.

It appears to me he is also trying to do something positive in the community and surely that cant be a bad thing can it?
Quote from Intrepid :Right all I have to do now is figure out all this server/league mumbo jumbo lololololollololololol

And you'll need to find at least about 100 genuine real life racers. Good luck.
yh don't I know it... Maybe I might just see what I can do with a small meet up group. See where it goes. Don't worry I am not intending to tackle the big guns!
we've had real life races for simmers, now time for sim races for real lifers
#61 - Goop
Just to clear this up, would I be right in supposing that:

1. in conventional tin-top / open-wheeler (?) / sim-racing, passing requires that the overtaking car be half-way along-side the target car before claiming the inside line, and that,

2. in karting / (?), the aggressive 'dive-bomb' technique prevails; i.e. it's clear to the driver with the outside line that he is being overtaken, and adjusts his line accordingly.

[Are there limits? Does the inside 'dive-bombing' car need to maintain its line to be a legitimate pass, or can it run wide? Please clarify.]

I totally understand your desire to race like-minded individuals. I don't want to race you, but I do wish you luck
you edited!

I do not wish to engage in an conversation about driving techniques on this thread.
i dont like being reffered to as a kid, and karting is not a amater 'league'

this is a video from the final super 1 round held at shenington, i am the driver in the yellow helmet
http://one.revver.com/watch/425756
as you can see, karting at national level is very hard but clean, and u have to think very fast.

myself and alan would just like to see races like this in LFS
#64 - Goop
I decided it was unnecessarily confrontational

It was important to me to separate [what you consider to be] the fundamental differences between RL-racers (or, more accurately, karters) and sim-racers.
Unless your proposed league/server is solely for karters, that seems pertinent to this topic.

e: @ AS: that's why I withdrew the comment. Incidentally, you're very defensive.
Well then you have yourself and "alan" dont you. Im sure there are more out there too. However, I would hope they can also tell the difference required in the style of driving, from driving cars to karts, and to apply different styles for different situations.

I wouldn't like to see drivers making so-called "karting" moves when driving say an lx4.
The hefty proportion of ral life racers would naturally be kart racers as it's the most accessible motorsport out there yes. But by no means do I specifically mean kart racers.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Well then you have yourself and "alan" dont you. Im sure there are more out there too. However, I would hope they can also tell the difference required in the style of driving, from driving cars to karts, and to apply different styles for different situations.

I wouldn't like to see drivers making so-called "karting" moves when driving say an lx4.

again. I am not engaging in this line of questioning.
Thats good, I didnt ask a question.
OK... i won't reply to your comments then.... jeezzzzzz.... what next....?
So at this rate it's just going to be a 2-slot server with a Senna/Intrepid circlejerk. Fantastic.
i wonder what happened to Arrechee, he was awesome
Hey folks, just leave 'em to it if that's what they want to do. No point criticising or arguing about it. If nobody would be interested, then it wouldn't work, but if the "real life" racers do fancy making a "club" of their own, noone is in any position to tell them not to, and I'm surprised anyone would take offence at the idea. Some of you appear to have taken the idea as an indirect insult - maybe because it's Intrepid, but ask yourself why do you care?
why do you bother posting? What is your point? Clearly the idea is not in anyway geared towards you? Why do you post on this thread, really? Unless you've got something constructive fine, but it's clear that's not your motive! ?

ACTUALLY

If this thread could be locked before I say something I regret I would be happy

edity: sinbad... took the word from my mouth
Quote from Goop :
Does the inside 'dive-bombing' car need to maintain its line to be a legitimate pass, or can it run wide? Please clarify

Yes, if you make a pass down the inside and you are level before the apex then you still need to stay tight to the apex. If you drift wide and collect the car on your outside then I would say you would be largely to blame for the resulting off if there is one.

This ruling was made recently in the GFC. It highlights this point perfectly:

http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/gfcjudicialvideo.html

See the section titled "Lap82 Celtic100, The End"
This has really made my day, so much hillariousness in just one thread!

Quote from Intrepid :The hefty proportion of ral life racers would naturally be kart racers as it's the most accessible motorsport out there yes. But by no means do I specifically mean kart racers.

"Most accessible motorsport out there" would have to be auto-cross.

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i dont like being reffered to as a kid, and karting is not a amater 'league'

Says the kid who claims he is from Kazakhstan.

Worst idea ever?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG