The online racing simulator
Racing in leagues.
(57 posts, started )

Poll : Do you participate in league racing?

Closed since :
Yes, and I will in the future.
No, but I would like to.
Other
No, and I won't. (please post why below)
Yes, but I won't in the future. (please post why below)
Racing in leagues.
I am interested to find out what the general LFS community think about leagues.

Please vote in the poll, and post any information below please

Cheers

Dan,
Not since I moved out of my parental home for studies, but I raced in the OWRL, and I would definitely want to return to it, and hopefully many other leagues!
drifting have participated in some tho
Can those that vote "other", state what "other" actually is
I'd like to take part in leagues, but I just don't have enough time to do all the stuff I want. In fact I've not got online in LFS for ages now, when I get back I'll be even more shocking than normal
I would like to, but I can't find any that tickle me. I'm in the RSSC, and that's really fun, even though I'm not doing so well
Quote from R34GTR :I would like to, but I can't find any that tickle me.

That is going to be part 2 of my "league demographic poll"
I have done in the past, and will do in the future. However I don't like it when it gets too serious, the moment that happens I don't enjoy it. I treat LFS as it is, a computer game, I enter leagues because its a more controlled enviroment and the extra competition adds to the fun.
If time allows me to...
Yes.. i'm always trying to make time for league racing. Year ago i was even in 4 leagues at a time.
Sir, yes, Sir! The OWRL is all I need.
I'd like to but am reluctant to really enter any because I cannot guarantee that I will be able to make it to every race. If I can't compete for the full 100% then I rather not compete at all
Yes and will do in the future: I really enjoy racing in Leagues/Competitions, however it does take up a lot of time if you want to be competetive.
I'd like to but my current equipment makes leagues out of my league
I have raced in leagues and would like to in the future, but I dont like racing in a serious event unless I can properly prepare for it so that I dont embarass myself.

I take my racing seriously and I want to at least get on the podium, to do this I need around 500-1000 laps practice per event, and that's a serious time commitment that I just cant afford to make.

If there was a serious league that restricted practice by only announcing the track an hour or two beforehand then I would be very interested.
Quote from Becky Rose :If there was a serious league that restricted practice by only announcing the track an hour or two beforehand then I would be very interested.

I have floated the idea twice, both times with little or no interest
I'd love to join a league, but given my current skills, all I'd suceed in doing is becomming a back marker within 2 laps

Edit: Damn, I was meant to vote for "No, but I would like to.", but I slipped and clicked the option above it >_<
I've raced in several different leagues, with varying types of cars, and on most of the regular tracks. I love league racing because the driving is cleaner, and you get the pit strategy that you don't get in pickup racing. In fact, I don't even do much pick-up racing anymore.

Quote :If there was a serious league that restricted practice by only announcing the track an hour or two beforehand then I would be very interested.

Incidentally, the League Of The Americas is putting the final details together for a series just like this one. We already run our relatively popular MRT Custom Course Cup, in which the tracks aren't shown (in picture form) to the drivers until about 8 or so hours prior to the race, and then in physical form not until a 30 minute practice just prior to the first race of the evening. Our new series we are doing will publish the list of cars and tracks used, but not in which combinations until randomly selected by one of the drivers before practice.
Quote from VTiRoj :Edit: Damn, I was meant to vote for "No, but I would like to.", but I slipped and clicked the option above it >_<

Adjusted votes accordingly.
Quote from Becky Rose :If there was a serious league that restricted practice by only announcing the track an hour or two beforehand then I would be very interested.

That though has crossed my mind as well, however even then you will get the lucky few drivers that already know the track extremely well and that makes it uneven again.

Funnily enough I was thinking about this today and figured the only way to do this properly is to have a "special track" that is only available online, and ideally only on 1 server, and the track has to be booked for sessions etc. Like a real race track basically. I think that would add a whole new level of realism to the game imo.
I am to n00b for a league
________
TRICHOMES PICTURES
I'm just curious!
Is there any league with multiple divisions?
I mean like football! People going up or down from one division to another if they are at the top or bottom of their division!
OWRL has two divisions:

Div B runs the FOX. Finish well in that (usually top 10 would do) and you go into Div A which is FO8.

Or how about two divisions in one race? For that you should look at Gentlefoot Formula Challenge - FO8 and FOX multiclass racing. Trust me, there's never a dull moment in that
No, but I would like to. But considering I spend 3-4 hours weekly on LFS (with online possibilities only on weekends), I just can't find a league for me. Any ideas?

And I really don't mind what place I finish, I just like to be there
Toyed with the idea of signing up for your LX league thing Dan. But, at the moment I'm so out of practice and so damn slow i just don't feel confident or comfortable with joining an organised league filled with some really quick guys, (regardless of what Kev claims of his own abilities, he's still a damn sight quicker than me). I don't really want to become the Yamamoto of LFS. And i don't want to take up a place from a quick guy if all I'm doing is trolling around at the back of the field every race.

Having said that, i do prefer getting my teeth stuck into longer races where strategy and pitstops, maybe even success ballast play an important role. So my vote would be "I'd like to, but not until i can provide at least a modicum of competitiveness".

Racing in leagues.
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG