The online racing simulator
Racing in leagues.
(57 posts, started )

Poll : Do you participate in league racing?

Closed since :
Yes, and I will in the future.
No, but I would like to.
Other
No, and I won't. (please post why below)
Yes, but I won't in the future. (please post why below)
That's why a couple of Western Hemisphere teams banded together and started LOTA. That and a distinct lack of league based racing available in our time "window" in the new world. Doesn't matter how slow or fast you are, as long as you can demonstrate that you, as a new world driver, have good car control and have some race craft, you are more than welcome to participate. There are about 50 drivers signed up for the Grand Touring Cup with a variety of experience and speed throughout the ranks; all are welcome and all are treated as equals.

Quote from danowat :All I can say is, and I can only speak for myself, not any other league admins, I would welcome ANYONE, aslong as they can drive clean and fair and show respect for other drivers.

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I would like to do a lot more, but time is a serious problem,

That's what keeps me out of leagues. When I do have any time for LFS, it's generally late at night when everybody else has gone to bed. I certainly can't stick to league schedules.

I did enter a league earlier this year (UXRL) and I enjoyed the first couple of races, but sure enough work took over again and I wasn't able to find time to practice or work on setups. In the end I got frustrated with it after a couple of scruffy events that I hadn't been able to prepare for, and dropped out half-way through the season.

I was on the phone with one of my partners tonight actually, talking about how I'd like to reduce my work to a couple of weeks a month to give me time for other pursuits. At least in theory it sounded possible, but any time I do make my own I hope I won't spend playing computer games!
I voted yes. But not in lfs since there is new content to race. LFS gets boring after 2 years.
With the little experience I have, I would rather not make a fool of myself racing in last place. But I still do take part in leagues every now and again.

I am a FOX racer at heart and there is only the GFC going. I should really enter into that. The dual classes is good, but doesnt tickle my fancy.

I want just FOX vs FOX racing

Apart from my lack of experience, I am a clean driver with much respect for other racers on track. I am a league admins dream ^^
Quote from I am a FOX racer at heart and there is only the GFC going. I should really enter into that. The dual classes is good, but doesnt tickle my fancy.

I want just FOX vs FOX racing [:D :

You should try it mate. Reckon you might be surprised.
I voted no, and I have nerver entered a league race eighter if I remember right.
The reason is that I probally would end up with racing half of the races, and in the others I wouldn`t show up. This is because I never know if I can take one evening each week, or on a special date to LFS, since my work could call and ask me to come down. I have no work schedule, or whats the name, I get called a day before I`m needed to go to work (aprox 4 days each week), and I work on days like saturday and sundays too

So thats why I don`t drive in leagues - I don`t know if I have time, I`m not really interessed in it eighter, more fun to drive single races here and there AND because leagues often have too long races for me I can`t stand to drive 50 laps races on Blackwood etc, it`s just getting too long for me.
I vored yes

Yeah i love racing in league. The racers who are there are normally very comitted racers. I just havent got the time to practise that hard as they do. But I think you all shout try out a event. Regardlless if you win or loose. The experience is great and you can learn so much from the race gods.

Originally Posted by Becky Rose
If there was a serious league that restricted practice by only announcing the track an hour or two beforehand then I would be very interested.

Now that would be interesting. I would love to drive suchs a league.

They had a combo randomizer app running which chose the cars and the track.
Nah you need to have 1 car for the season. There are too many cars in LFS. Track rotation oke, but at least stick with 1 car.

Racing in leagues.
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG