The online racing simulator
Thanks a million, can you please tell me the one for split as well?

Forgot i need that one too

Regards
Franke... Click
SPX does the job.
Quote from T-RonX :SPX does the job.

Do you by chance have a variable containing the number of splits on track? Like a SPX.LastSplit indicator?

Regards
Franke... Click
Quote from Franke :Do you by chance have a variable containing the number of splits on track? Like a SPX.LastSplit indicator?

Regards
Franke... Click

You could make this you know? Simply save there last split and then use what info you need when the SPX comes in. After you have done with it, set the last split equal to the one that just came in.
Problem is i am making a rolling start simulator, and need to show text "LINE UP AND ENGANGE PIT LIMITER" message when 1st car passes last split And being 1st lap i don't know by then which split is the last...

I suppose i will need to make a file containing tracks and no. of splits on that track then...

Regards
Franke... Click
Quote from Franke :right now i need to know which of theese 3 letter code things to enable

The best way to figure that out is to check InSim.txt, and read the description for each packet. You'll find that the name of the packet should correspond with the function you need to write/enable/subscribe to when using LFS_External
Thanks TAA,

I actually found that file yesterday, when i was do some extensive searching for, but thanks anyways.

If anyone wants to se the result of the rolling start procedure i made, it's used on server: lfs-event.com
Just start a race, and it will activate automatically... Hopefully

Regards
Franke... Click
The next version will be much much better than the current one. Events will be more descriptive too.

Because there will be so many changes the current version will NOT be compatible with the new one. So you can't just replace the .dll to upgrade. Though you can easily copy the code and maybe adjust just a few lines to make it work again.

If you planned to make a project with this version I suggest you wait a few more days for the new one to come out.
Is it worth upgrading to the new one? I have half-finished projects from the current version, would it be easier to keep them or convert?
Yes, the new version contains a lot of better code and other stuff...i have inside info
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Is it worth upgrading to the new one? I have half-finished projects from the current version, would it be easier to keep them or convert?

Converting will be quite easy because it will still work with receive events and I'll try to keep the sending commands the same.
Sounds pretty cool then!
Does anyone else have an error that everyone on track must be in spec when starting the app or it crashes? I get that on every app I've made with this SDK...I think it's that C# can't handle all of the NCN packets IDK...
Never noticed that error myself, but probably fixed in the next version.

I'm currently having some trouble getting it all together though. The next version uses a background worker for data arrival so nobody has to worry about threading. But you can't throw exception on a backgroundworker event. That completely messes up my code because I was implementing a auto-reconnect feature. I think I'll leave the bgw out, it causes more trouble than I expected.

:Kick_Can_
Dougie in the Main method. Change

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Request all players and connections
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]InSim.Send_TINY([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Enums[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Tiny[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TINY_NPL, 255);
InSim.Send_TINY([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Enums[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Tiny[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TINY_NCN, 255);
[/SIZE]

To this....

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Request all players and connections
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]InSim.Send_TINY([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Enums[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Tiny[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TINY_NCN, 255);
InSim.Send_TINY([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Enums[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Tiny[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TINY_NPL, 255);
[/SIZE]

The current error is that its requesting player before connections! but that code fix's it
Ah thanks Nova, fixed it
I recently found out that Insim uses 2 ports - the port as I knew it, and a port on which the server replies (which is usually +1). What listen port does LFS External use, as it isn't specified anywhere...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I recently found out that Insim uses 2 ports - the port as I knew it, and a port on which the server replies (which is usually +1). What listen port does LFS External use, as it isn't specified anywhere...

You just answered your own question there..
So it's set to Insim port + 1?
You can specify what ports to use in the Settings struct. If you set TCP only and UDP to 0, TCP will be used only. If you set the UDP port too, MCI/NLP packets will be send over UDP on that port.
But by default whats the listen port? (The client-side listen port...)
The UDP port is set to 0 by default, which means it uses port 29999 TCP, which is the default InSim port.
OK cheers! Oh, one thing. To have 2 insim programs running off one server, they need the same TCP port right? What about UDP?
No, they all need different ports.
Say I have 2 programs. 1 runs on port 29999, the other 30000. When starting the first one, I use /insim=29999. But when I want to start the second one, if I use /insim=30000, will the first one not be lost?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG