The online racing simulator
On the lfs insim server you use one port only. It handles all connections. Each client connection (per source ip) to the server needs to have its own port.

i.e, you start a dedi client and type '/insim 29999' in it.
Then you start one client that connects to that server's port 29999 from its port 30000.
Then another connection from 30003 to 29999 etc.
OK, thanks for the info guys, much clearer now
Hey Ron.

First impression of your lib is ... uhm ... ... a good start.
Really looking forward to that new version you promised

I just have one quick question concerning my "project", is your lib able to run with the Compact Framework (2.0)? Or at least can be compiled for it?
Will you lib be open-source anyway?

Keep it up,
Michael
I haven't tried compiling it for Compact Framework. But ill opensource it when next version is release. You could have a try then.
Quote from T-RonX :I haven't tried compiling it for Compact Framework. But ill opensource it when next version is release. You could have a try then.

I will definetly do that - when can I/we expect it?
This may not be the correct place to ask, but is there any way of adding the framework to the solution as a resource, so those who use it don't need the framework installed?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :This may not be the correct place to ask, but is there any way of adding the framework to the solution as a resource, so those who use it don't need the framework installed?

No, LOL. The .Net is over 200mb.
Ah...then how come some programs made in Visual C# that you can download don't require the framework?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Ah...then how come some programs made in Visual C# that you can download don't require the framework?

iirc they do, Only some old one's are made using .Net 1 which is part of Windows XP install anyway. Therefor it does use the .Net just you dont realise
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe anyone with XP SP2+ (which is most people, hopefully) will have at least .NET 2.0, as it came bundled with it. I don't believe .NET 1.0 is a part of the original 2001 XP, as I have that release version of XP and I don't remember it having .NET. I think .NET may have come with XP SP1 actually...
Yer i think it could be .Net 2 acutally, all i was trying to point out is that just because he hasnt installed it doesnt mean its not there
Quote from dougie-lampkin :This may not be the correct place to ask, but is there any way of adding the framework to the solution as a resource, so those who use it don't need the framework installed?

You could include the .NET Framework webinstaller maybe. It's only a few kB big.
hmm...thanks for the replies people
Can i just ask, Why do you want to include the .Net in your project? are you making it in .Net 3.x?
I think you shouldn't worry too much about including it. IIRC the framework is available on the windows auto update service which you should have enabled on a client machine. If you have Vista you already have 3.0 by default. I think XP SP2 has 1.1 by default. If you run the app on 1.1 it comes up with a message you need a newer version of .Net and it provides a download link. So the people who need it can get it that way, rather than including it in your project wasting diskspace/bandwidth for the people who already have it. If you don't have any version of .Net installed you probably have an outdated OS or an outdated version of XP.
Hey Ron.

Hows the progress going on with your lib?
I'm really kind of waiting for that next/new version to start my project with it as the LFSlib isn't working with the Compact-Framework of .NET. So, please share some status.

Thanks
Ive been talking to T-RonX a lot and im basically posting on his behalf. The new lib is going ok, ive got a beta version of it, doing some test's etc etc.. The libs connection is much more stable now. Also making great use of the auto reconnect. I have to say this version i have is acutally quite amazing. I was shocked to see how much it can realy do. The lib also now supports more then one insim connection. meaning big programs can be used on more then one server if needed. There only a few bits left untill he release's it, some of which being packets being tweaked. But the main thing is, its not long now
*wouldliketobebetatestertoo*

Mmmmh, could you do me a favour and try to compile the lib against the Compact-Framework? Its essential for me that the lib runs with the CF as my app should/will run a PDA.

Thanks.
I'll do my best. I don't know much about CF, so I have no idea what things need to be changed. But I'll find out. Would be a nice addition if it could run on CF too.
will there be a small tutorial in the future? i found nothing useable and as a full noob in programming i have nearly no rescources, so its quiet hard to learn on your lib.
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :will there be a small tutorial in the future? i found nothing useable and as a full noob in programming i have nearly no rescources, so its quiet hard to learn on your lib.

In the current lib there was a demo in the zip file... + it had all packages in comment lines.. It's perfect to start learing InSim applications...
but there is no reference how to do and what can i do with it.... and the insim.txt tells me only what this means
Yes I will add some documentation.
that would be really nice...
maybe with some code samples, that would make the business much easier
Coding isn't always Cut & Paste

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG