The online racing simulator
Now LFS is different...
(22 posts, started )
Now LFS is different...
Earlier today i went on a kart track because im willing to buy a kart for real. well i got there and there were like 6 people "playing around" with their toys, heh.

after this event, im suddenly starting to smell alcohol(135cc karts five geared) while playing LFS and when i skid the sound feels more accurate and the rubber... well the rubber... omg

RESULT1: ill surelly buy a kart
RESULT2:I gotta smell more alcohol...?

EDIT: after re-reading this, i died alittle on the inside.
RESULT3: You gotta proof-read your posts.
What the hell>?
beats me, but then so does you sha-la-la-la-la duck song.
#5 - CSU1
oh! oh! I know what he saying

he got drunk whilst driving the mrt and it was very exciting He then went on to compliment the scrub sounds of the tyres, he's now gone off to buy a kart and try smell/get some beers too Drunk...I'm saving my beer tokens for a G25 btw
Quote from al heeley :beats me,

What beats you?
lol... it's 3am here so don't be cruel to me

If you want that uber awesome duck song, pm me.
I think he meant petrol...Rough translation:

Quote :
Earlier today I went karting because I am interested in buying a kart and racing. When I arrived, there were about 6 people setting up their karts.

After todays events, I started to smell petrol (The kart i was racing was a 135cc with 5 gears). while playing LFS and when i skid the sound feels more accurate and the rubber... well the rubber... omg

RESULT1: I should buy a kart.
RESULT2: I should get high on more petrol.

I don't know what the fudge the part in italics is meant to say...

Edit: After reading it back, I have no idea what the hell this guy is chatting...
#8 - PaulH
Rofl. Makes perfect sense to me.... i think.

I'm in two minds as to whether you guys are being serious about not understanding the post.

My interpretation is, the OP attended a kart track day in real life. OP stated the amount of people that were already at the track (6 people). After he left the event his memory of the days olfactory senses stayed with him - i'm presuming the alcohol smell is a reference to Ethanol.
Now, after the OP experienced this event IRL, i'm guessing he's saying that he appreciates the physics of the game more than before (also based on the thread title), and because of experiencing a similar activity IRL, OP feels like he has a heightened sense of the tyre physics in the game now than he did before attending the "kart event". The "rubber, well the rubber, omg" could be a neurological synesthesia between his auditory memory and an internal representation of the olfactory sensation of 'burning rubber'.

That's how I understood the post. Please shoot me now.
pötz...

,nah i guess you layed it all down very well.

regards
I think maybe by "starting to smell the alchol" he meant he was starting to get the "bug" for racing. He's hooked... thats what i got from it anyway
Quote from al heeley :beats me, but then so does you sha-la-la-la-la duck song.

Its a song by Lemon Jelly called 'Nice weather for Ducks'. The album is called Lost Horizons. Its a great album.. Bit off topic, but meh...
Drunk racing
Quote from Origamiboy :Its a song by Lemon Jelly called 'Nice weather for Ducks'. The album is called Lost Horizons. Its a great album.. Bit off topic, but meh...

Yup
Is he not just saying that he went karting and now LFS reminds him of that experience? When he is playing he can almost smell the petrol and the rubber...
Quote from DarkTimes :Is he not just saying that he went karting and now LFS reminds him of that experience? When he is playing he can almost smell the petrol and the rubber...

Yes, that is what he is saying. But this forum is falling down to where even non-native english speaking users are being flamed for their english "speaking" skills.
Quote :Drunk racing

I think it'd be quite interesting to play LFS afer drinking because I think after seeing themselves drive drunk in LFS, people would never drink drive IRL.
Quote from TiJay :I think it'd be quite interesting to play LFS afer drinking because I think after seeing themselves drive drunk in LFS, people would never drink drive IRL.

Oh, thanks for the advice
*gone to get drunk*
-
(PaulH) DELETED by PaulH
#18 - CSU1
Quote from PaulH :Now, I simply do not drive if I feel i'm not capable of doing so safely. Whether that be for reasons of, and not limited to, intoxication or tiredness.

My two pence.

...well whatever other reasons you have for not feeling comfortable behind the wheel you have a pretty poor attitude tword drinkin/driving by putting intoxication in the same category as the rest of the many other reasons. You should not drive ever under the influence, even one drink, it's just ****ing stupid.

Coincidentally, the drinking and driving legislation changed last month here, if you have one pint youre over the limit(provisional drivers only).
-
(PaulH) DELETED by PaulH
#19 - CSU1
...well as long as the doctor and insurance condones it you should be aiight
Quote from PaulH :Rofl. Makes perfect sense to me.... i think.

I'm in two minds as to whether you guys are being serious about not understanding the post.

My interpretation is, the OP attended a kart track day in real life. OP stated the amount of people that were already at the track (6 people). After he left the event his memory of the days olfactory senses stayed with him - i'm presuming the alcohol smell is a reference to Ethanol.
Now, after the OP experienced this event IRL, i'm guessing he's saying that he appreciates the physics of the game more than before (also based on the thread title), and because of experiencing a similar activity IRL, OP feels like he has a heightened sense of the tyre physics in the game now than he did before attending the "kart event". The "rubber, well the rubber, omg" could be a neurological synesthesia between his auditory memory and an internal representation of the olfactory sensation of 'burning rubber'.

That's how I understood the post. Please shoot me now.

YOU'RE THE MAN ( now that im sober i kinda understand less than maybe i though i would)

by the way i wasnt my true self when i wrote that...=/

Quote from SilverArrows77 :Exactly right IMO - he's obviously been Karting irl , loved it (including the smell - we all know how lovely that smell is at a kart meet right? ) plans to buy a kart because of it - and he's real life experience has given him a new found immersion in LFS

@Calvinaquino - hope ya get that kart soon - damn good fun

exactly, you solved the riddle!
no seriouslly, i thin i smelled too much "ethanol".
-
(Calvinaquino) DELETED by Calvinaquino
its like a trucker.... need i say . Diesel and Dust?

STILLE WILLIE!
Haha. God this thread is awesome

Now LFS is different...
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG