The online racing simulator
waiting in new wersion
Wait, so the server is/was back up? What's your server called, Cue-Ball?
Seattle ISRM Drag

It's not always up since I host from my home computer, but it's been up pretty much the last two days straight.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Seattle ISRM Drag

It's not always up since I host from my home computer, but it's been up pretty much the last two days straight.

It's not on right now, though, is it? Now I'll finally get into LFS again! Do you guys use the new BMW FB02, or the XRG? I'm REALLY going to miss the XRT, but I guess I can't complain much.
Quote from NFSGamerUSA :It's not on right now, though, is it? Now I'll finally get into LFS again! Do you guys use the new BMW FB02, or the XRG? I'm REALLY going to miss the XRT, but I guess I can't complain much.

The server is up, but it's running in S2 mode on the drag strip with the TBO cars enabled. If you want to join, I'm afraid you'll have to spring for S2.

Go ahead. You know you want to.
Quote from Cue-Ball :The server is up, but it's running in S2 mode on the drag strip with the TBO cars enabled. If you want to join, I'm afraid you'll have to spring for S2.

Go ahead. You know you want to.

Man... You won't host it on the demo server? I guess I'll just wait until Knu puts the official server back up. Plus, what's the point of it in S1/S2 since there's a REAL drag strip? Just curious...
i hopp a demo drag server can be up or you can lealese the new vertion that somebody can host a demo drag server.
Yeah, how did you get the working version of the mod drag, Cue-Ball? Did you do it on your own or did Knu get it to you?
Quote from NFSGamerUSA :Man... You won't host it on the demo server? I guess I'll just wait until Knu puts the official server back up. Plus, what's the point of it in S1/S2 since there's a REAL drag strip? Just curious...

I will NOT host my server on Demo mode. There are too many toolboxes out there running the demo that know how to get around IP bans. S2 users know that if they get banned they won't be able to come back again. Plus, I want to reward people who have paid Scavier for their hard work. Besides, who wants to drag race the XRG and XFG?

Pony up the money and buy the game. You won't regret it.
Quote from NFSGamerUSA :Yeah, how did you get the working version of the mod drag, Cue-Ball? Did you do it on your own or did Knu get it to you?

I just downloaded the link in the first post (v.81). It works fine, as long as you start the server correctly to prevent it from getting stuck in Practice Mode.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I will NOT host my server on Demo mode. There are too many toolboxes out there running the demo that know how to get around IP bans. S2 users know that if they get banned they won't be able to come back again. Plus, I want to reward people who have paid Scavier for their hard work. Besides, who wants to drag race the XRG and XFG?

Pony up the money and buy the game. You won't regret it.

We didn't have much issue with anyone evading on Knu's server, although we did get crashers (which could be avoided with vote bans/kicks). And again, why don't you guys use the real drag strip (not criticizing, just asking)? I plan on drag racing the FB02, although I wouldn't mind the XRG if we had to, as we used to do that for fun on 0.5X occasionally. It was pretty fun, believe it or not! I might buy it later, but all I really do online is drag. The demo servers had a large enough audience for me when they were around and most all of us knew each other, so it'd be like leaving my friends to race on S1/S2 only servers. I guess I'll try setting up the server and see if I can get a demo server running, then, since it's the patch that's already available. Thanks!
I think you misunderstand. We DO use the drag strip. However, the way that the LFS drag strip works right now is not like real drag racing. You don't get to warm your tires. You don't get to pre-stage or stage. You don't get reaction time, 60' time, etc numbers. Running this mod on the drag strip is the closest you can get to actual drag racing in LFS because it provides those things while being on completely flat and level ground. To host on the demo would require using the Blackwood straight which is not level and is unacceptable to me. Also, the demo cars are worthless for drag racing, while under S2 we can use the TBO class to keep racing tight (it's fun to watch an FXO narrowly beat an RB4), or we can open it up to the RAC, the FZ5, the LX6, etc. for some quicker passes. Some people enjoy dragging the GTRs, but now that they use sequential shifters I think they're less fun, so they are disabled on my server.

You can save your breath about defending Demo drivers and servers. I've gone down that road and won't bother again. Licensed (S2) servers are much more pleasant to administer because people are not anonymous and can be held liable for their actions. I refuse to deal with the chaos that demo servers entail, and I refuse to reward people who won't buy the game by hosting a server like this and allowing them to extend the content of what is supposed to be a limited trial.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I think you misunderstand. We DO use the drag strip. However, the way that the LFS drag strip works right now is not like real drag racing. You don't get to warm your tires. You don't get to pre-stage or stage. You don't get reaction time, 60' time, etc numbers. Running this mod on the drag strip is the closest you can get to actual drag racing in LFS because it provides those things while being on completely flat and level ground. To host on the demo would require using the Blackwood straight which is not level and is unacceptable to me. Also, the demo cars are worthless for drag racing, while under S2 we can use the TBO class to keep racing tight (it's fun to watch an FXO narrowly beat an RB4), or we can open it up to the RAC, the FZ5, the LX6, etc. for some quicker passes. Some people enjoy dragging the GTRs, but now that they use sequential shifters I think they're less fun, so they are disabled on my server.

You can save your breath about defending Demo drivers and servers. I've gone down that road and won't bother again. Licensed (S2) servers are much more pleasant to administer because people are not anonymous and can be held liable for their actions. I refuse to deal with the chaos that demo servers entail, and I refuse to reward people who won't buy the game by hosting a server like this and allowing them to extend the content of what is supposed to be a limited trial.

Okay, I understand why you need the drag mod, now. I think you are right to some extent that the Blackwood straightaway is not the best type of straight used for a drag strip. As for the "demo" cars, just because they're slow doesn't mean they're worthless (otherwise they wouldn't be in the game), although I'm sure it's a lot more fun using the S1/S2 cars. Competition is quite tight using the demo cars, as well.

There's not much content to be gained for demo users since there aren't any vehicles added or another track, just a modification that allows the Blackwood straightaway to be used as a drag strip, which, as you said, isn't that great. I understand how it's not fair for demo users to get much stuff and get your reasoning, but I don't think this one small modification affects sales that much. I definitely agree with you about the S1/S2 servers being much more in control and friendly, as there are plenty of people who get on the demo servers and just crash, but I try my best to ignore it. I completely understand why you want to stick to the S2 servers, and I would, too.

Just my two cents.
Quote from NFSGamerUSA :As for the "demo" cars, just because they're slow doesn't mean they're worthless (otherwise they wouldn't be in the game), although I'm sure it's a lot more fun using the S1/S2 cars. Competition is quite tight using the demo cars, as well.

The demo cars aren't worthless, but they don't make for very good drag cars. The BMW is about as good for drag as a shopping cart and the XFG is fwd. The XRG is a full-bodied, rwd car, but it's very low powered. The TBO class seems much better. Three different drivetrain layouts all of which are reasonably competitive (the FXO not quite as fast due to fwd). They're fast enough to be fun, but slow enough that you have time to see how close the guy next to you is. And all three are h-shift which is part of what makes drag racing so fun. The FZ5, LX6 and RAC are also fun, being RWD and h-shift, but not too overly-powerful.

When you get your S2 license, stop by the server. I'd love to race you in the XRT.
Quote from Cue-Ball :The demo cars aren't worthless, but they don't make for very good drag cars. The BMW is about as good for drag as a shopping cart and the XFG is fwd. The XRG is a full-bodied, rwd car, but it's very low powered. The TBO class seems much better. Three different drivetrain layouts all of which are reasonably competitive (the FXO not quite as fast due to fwd). They're fast enough to be fun, but slow enough that you have time to see how close the guy next to you is. And all three are h-shift which is part of what makes drag racing so fun. The FZ5, LX6 and RAC are also fun, being RWD and h-shift, but not too overly-powerful.

When you get your S2 license, stop by the server. I'd love to race you in the XRT.

Yeah, if only they'd ditched the XRG instead of the XRT...but again, I can't complain. The FB02 sure does drop off right past the 100 mph mark, at least the XRT had the torque to keep going steady. Luckily the XRG and XFG are VERY close in speed, though.

What times do you run on the XRT? I lost my good setup (it was a modified version of dad's, if you know who he is; official mod_drag moderator) and was pretty damn fast.
Quote from NFSGamerUSA :
What times do you run on the XRT? I lost my good setup (it was a modified version of dad's, if you know who he is; official mod_drag moderator) and was pretty damn fast.

I think my best time in the XRT is 13.10 or so, but there were guys on the server the other night running in the high 12s.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I think my best time in the XRT is 13.10 or so, but there were guys on the server the other night running in the high 12s.

I run 12.6s on average at around 105 mph. My best time is 12.49, I think, or definitely 12.5.
Quote from NFSGamerUSA :I run 12.6s on average at around 105 mph. My best time is 12.49, I think, or definitely 12.5.

If you're playing on Blackwood, you're racing downhill. Not really a fair comparison
#144 - STF
true . You could easily run 12.3x, with a little training 12.2 consistently, and with a bit of luck high 12.1 on bl1 straight.. But it`s inclined, downhill. The good part tho is that the "bump" gets bigger/steeper near the "finish line".
Using a friend's computer a while ago, S2 licensed, old patch x, single player (no weight restriction>xrt) with the same setup, i could only run once 12.92 on drag strip (without the mod). i usually got 13.05-13.10 and some rare high 12.9s. Online tho, 13.18-13.2x(low-mid) .
But TBH, fbm is very fun to race.. right now.. the demo got very fun and competitive.. i`m eager to get my own license, as soon as my "G" arrives in the "spot". (don`t have the spot yet aka cockpit or a sturdy desk). The G spots that i`m searching for are hard to find/obtain . :ices_rofl.
I think i`ll go look at :RSC: for other options/ideas.
In the mean while i`m trying and trying with a joystick .
It`s faster for drag also because of the analog clutch possibility, once - and if - you get used to it.
Quote from STF :true . You could easily run 12.3x, with a little training 12.2 consistently, and with a bit of luck high 12.1 on bl1 straight.. But it`s inclined, downhill. The good part tho is that the "bump" gets bigger/steeper near the "finish line".
Using a friend's computer a while ago, S2 licensed, old patch x, single player (no weight restriction>xrt) with the same setup, i could only run once 12.92 on drag strip (without the mod). i usually got 13.05-13.10 and some rare high 12.9s. Online tho, 13.18-13.2x(low-mid) .
But TBH, fbm is very fun to race.. right now.. the demo got very fun and competitive.. i`m eager to get my own license, as soon as my "G" arrives in the "spot". (don`t have the spot yet aka cockpit or a sturdy desk). The G spots that i`m searching for are hard to find/obtain . :ices_rofl.
I think i`ll go look at :RSC: for other options/ideas.
In the mean while i`m trying and trying with a joystick .
It`s faster for drag also because of the analog clutch possibility, once - and if - you get used to it.

It goes up at the end, and there's no way that it's a 0.6 difference between times on the Blackwood straightaway and the real drag strip.
#146 - STF
Quote from NFSGamerUSA :It goes up at the end, and there's no way that it's a 0.6 difference between times on the Blackwood straightaway and the real drag strip.

goes up what ?
you`re up to speed already.. doesn`t make any difference .. at the end.
exactly, no way 'just' 0.6 difference )

no, on a REAL drag strip i have friends running under 11 seconds. (in a 450bhp fwd car:tilt.

in LFS tho, I wasn`t able to go under 12.81 on drag strip, with the mod on.. (xrt, multiplayer, warm tyres :really. my pb being 12.17, on bl1 straight, my own server.. (no lag jump).

i challenge you to buy S2 :P and then let me know. maybe i`ll have another trip to my friend`s house and we race. (but i`ll need 1 hour or so to get there.. oh, and .. daylight ) :jedi:
Up
Hi, any notice whit ISRM
Help i do get this initializing ISRM
I get this DEBUG message.

@1/20/2008 6:32:03 PM:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ISRM.ISRM.In(Object message)
at ISRM.ISRM.In(Object message)
Notice?
Hi Knu, ISRM is over not?

Regards Carlos
Quote from falcon71 :Hi Knu, ISRM is over not?

Regards Carlos

It sure has been a while, but I certainly hope not...

So what is the current status?

ISRM.mod_drag 0.5 Beta - Release
(274 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG