The online racing simulator
When I try to start insim on my LFS server, with /insim 29999, I get an error saying:

INSIM - TCP : Bind Failed
INSIM - Not Initialized

Even if i try a different port, e.g. 29990 / 29997 / 21697,

It still says:

INSIM - TCP : Bind Failed
INSIM - Not Initialized

In my servers config file I set it to the identical code that i enter in my Port

I really appreciate your help

Thanks,

Matt
#102 - Knu
Quote from suprat89 :snip

One possible explanation is that you mixed up your server port (default 63392) and insim port (any other, e.g. 29999). Those need to be different.

It sounds like a LFS-related problem anyway, so if you have further problems I suggest you ask in the corresponding forum.
No more Update's?
#104 - Knu
Quote from _JuanPablo_ :No more Update's?

There are, but not for public yet. The latest build can be seen running on "exp mod_drag server", though.

To anyone who's interested:
What I'm working on right now isn't only limited to mod_drag. In fact, mod_drag is just one of the many "modules" I'm planning to release, such as mod_nascar (rolling laps, full course yellows and stuff), mod_multiclass (obviously, multiclass racing, as seen on CTRA) and a few minor ones. But it'll take some time.
help
hey ppls i could use some help i need to know how to get thedrag modto work i have it all instaled but im not sure what to enter into the setup script some snd me a copy or tell me what to put in that would be great thnxs.

Phantom
got to say, seen this on a number of demo servers and I like the mod. now just if there was a mod to ban the wreakers...
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :got to say, seen this on a number of demo servers and I like the mod. now just if there was a mod to ban the wreakers...

Yeah...I tried this mod a bunch of times before and i love it.The only problem is....when your JUST about to start some wrecker comes in and makes your car fly.
Err sorry to bump up this old thread but I have a question to ask. Does this work in S2Q? Because I wanna use it in S2Q to see the drag times of Tweaked cars. Mind you, it's S2Q not S2V so don't say I'm a cracker or something.
where or in what dir. path do i place this ISRIM?
isrm.exe-->
connecting..
could not connect.
Pres any key.
why? i edit config file and more... insim 29999...
Would you consider releasing the source? I'd really like to have a look at how things were done
I got error saying:

CLR error: 800004005.
The program will now terminate..

I got this after installin dotnet.
Did you try restarting your computer? Because some programs need computer restart for changes to take effect
Knu, do you need update the ISRM please :'(
Quote from falcon71 :Knu, do you need update the ISRM please :'(

yes :/ it doesent work in Patch Y so now my drag server on demo drag i offline
Dang, drag racing was the ONLY thing I did online. :weeping: Please update it as soon as you have the time, Knu. I know I won't be the only one that'll GREATLY appreciate it!
#117 - Knu
It's coming. I already launched the server yesterday, and discovered a few bugs I need to iron out first.

When it's finished, I'll release it here, too.
Hey Knu may I know this version which you hadn't update can it operate on S2Q? And I remember seeing you just now in a FBM server... You should saw me
#119 - Knu
No, only patch X and beyond.
Great to hear! Now for which car to use...I guess the Formula BMW. I hate that they had to take away the XRT from the demo version, just about all demo users do, but I guess we shouldn't complain since we haven't paid for anything.
Quote from Knu :It's coming. I already launched the server yesterday, and discovered a few bugs I need to iron out first.

When it's finished, I'll release it here, too.

thanks knu, is a great notice for my and other friends
Any updates?
Obviously not yet
I've been running this mod for the past couple days and LOVE it. Everyone that joins the server has a great time. But, for some reason, the competition mode won't work. It's always in Practice mode, no matter if it's selected in the menu or not. I've tried it on a graphical (local) server and on a dedicated server with the same results. I even re-extracted the mod, and installed a fresh dedicated server. Comp mode still won't work - only practice mode. I know that I'm connected as an admin, because I tried it both ways and I'm getting the yellow/white "practice" option in the menu.

Any ideas why it wouldn't work? Practice works great, but having to figure out who races who next can be a pain.

edit: I think I figured it out. If you don't do everything right when the server first starts, it doesn't work correctly. If it's stuck in practice mode you can /end, then restart the server and have everyone click "ready". That seems to do the trick. Also note that if you restart manually you might have to set laps=0 in the server or the regular LFS start lights interfere.

ISRM.mod_drag 0.5 Beta - Release
(274 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG