The online racing simulator
Smoking: The Hidden Dangers
(25 posts, started )
Quote :he wept and vomited at the scene.

Damn..

That's terrifying.
God that's awful. Guy's wife is pregnant too

I had a couple of scary close shaves while I was concentrating on smoking instead of driving...reading stuff like that makes me very glad I quit.
#5 - Bean0
Thats not a danger of smoking, it's a danger of being a muppet.

I bet more people are killed each year due to not paying attention because they were listening to an MP3 player, or TXTing, or having a phone conversation.
Horrible, I feel sorry for all parts in this accident

Here in Norway we had a similar episode on saturday I think. A boy was hit by a work truck.
The kid on a bisycle (wrong spelled) hited the work truck on the site of a contruction scene. The truck driver had seen it was clear, and looked to both sides before he drove out from the area, but the boy just came with too much speed from the right, and the truck driver could`t see it.. so the boy hited the truck on the right side, and got killed

Almost identically, but this was a kid, so he probally didn`t know any better.

But what makes me really angry and frustratiing is that there ALLWAYS has to be someones fault! God damnit, I just hate when everyone is going against the drive of the truck. "He had too much speed", "They don`t care of any others than themself, so they drive like shit", thats two quotes that is much likely to be said if a truck drivers hit a little kid or something in a accident. Just for ones, think of the poor driver, don`t you think he suffers a lot too? DO you think he realy wanted to hit that/those people?
thats it ima stop smoking * puts out his ciggerette *
Darwin's theory comes into play once again. It's not like you couldn't hear of feel the presents of a tanker near you.

Quote from Hankstar :I had a couple of scary close shaves while I was concentrating on smoking instead of driving...reading stuff like that makes me very glad I quit.

That is why they want to ban people smoking and driving. Which naturally the smokers are going ape shit about.
smoking does kill, once there was a fly on my dads desk, and it landed on his pack of cigarettes, and my dad smashed the little sucker and he died on the pack of cigarettes...
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :That is why they want to ban people smoking and driving. Which naturally the smokers are going ape shit about.

Don't be daft.

It is already covered by the same offence (careless driving) as eating whilst driving, and is up to the discretion of the police.
Quote from Bean0 :Don't be daft.

It is already covered by the same offence (careless driving) as eating whilst driving, and is up to the discretion of the police.

Then why is using a mobile phone banned?

You loose just as much concentration smoking a "fag" as you do using a mobile.
Quote from Bean0 :Don't be daft.

Link.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Then why is using a mobile phone banned?

You loose just as much concentration smoking a "fag" as you do using a mobile.

No idea why they created a specific offence for phones.

Holding a cigarette between 2 fingers and occasionally raising it to your mouth is a hell of a lot different to holding an object the size of a brick up to your face and paying attention to the noises it makes.

Can you change gear whilst on the phone ?...no
Can you change gear whilst smoking ?...no problem

Edit: I know, I saw the story when it was posted. 'They' being the anti-smoking lot, not the Govt.
It isn't so much the smoking but the lighting and what you do with it when you finished. I've been in a car with a guy who smokes and when he lights up both hands come off the wheel and he looks down to cup it in his hands, then when he finished he'd toss it out the window. I'd also been hit in the face countless times by cigarette butts people have launched out of a car window because they had finished.

Add to the fact those "unexpected events", such as dropping it, straight away you put all your attention into finding it.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :It isn't so much the smoking but the lighting and what you do with it when you finished. I've been in a car with a guy who smokes and when he lights up both hands come off the wheel and he looks down to cup it in his hands, then when he finished he'd toss it out the window. I'd also been hit in the face countless times by cigarette butts people have launched out of a car window because they had finished.

Add to the fact those "unexpected events", such as dropping it, straight away you put all your attention into finding it.

ROFL, your mate needs to turn his flame up, shut the window or use the electric lighter provided in most cars.

Stopping people smoking when driving won't stop passengers smoking. Its the passenger side that is closest to the pavement, so I reckon it was passengers tab ends that hit you. Anyway, objects falling/being thrown from a moving vehicle is also an existing offence.

I've never dropped a tab in the car, so wouldn't know about that.
Quote from Bean0 :ROFL, your mate needs to turn his flame up, shut the window or use the electric lighter provided in most cars.

Stopping people smoking when driving won't stop passengers smoking. Its the passenger side that is closest to the pavement, so I reckon it was passengers tab ends that hit you. Anyway, objects falling/being thrown from a moving vehicle is also an existing offence.

I've never dropped a tab in the car, so wouldn't know about that.

True, but then he couldn't share his music with the world. It is as though the second he gets into his car the windows come down. The electric lighter doesn't work, he blew a fuse and wont (doesn't know how to) fix it.

Good point.

Generally smoking doesn't bother me, only when it effects me, don't smoke near me when I'm eating and don't throw butts in my face and I don't care.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Then why is using a mobile phone banned?

Heh guess people don't give a monkeys about the law, i still see at least 10 people a day whilst im on the bus, on their phones whilst driving. I'm no driver yet, but it still pisses me off when I see someone on their mobile.
I've noticed the people who use mobiles on the road tend to be the Jeeps/BMW drivers... Just reinforces the stereotype that blonde women of a certain age think they own the damn road.
my dad has a phone in his car, and when people ask him something, and he needs to think about the answer or so, he keeps saying eeeeeh for about 1 min per conversation so funny
If we're banning smoking in cars, we should also ban tits on buses.
Quote from Bean0 :No idea why they created a specific offence for phones.

It's partly the fact that one of your hands is busy (unless you're hands free of course) but mostly that you are focusing on a conversation that can be very distracting. I can't be bothered going into detail, but there are loads of studies done on this and I am glad it's banned in some places. I am working on getting in touch with the right people to see about a ban in our province. About the rebuttal that says it's the same as having a conversation with someone in your car, a large number of studies suggest that it is not, for various reasons.
i dont think smoking whilst driving is dangerous after all , i can light a cigarette without using my hands what so ever so i dont see how the guys managed to lose control of his veiachale doing somthing that takes less then 2 secs to do...
Quote from thisnameistaken :If we're banning smoking in cars, we should also ban tits on buses.

What a pillock that driver was!!
As a professional driver I would NEVER ask a lady to move so that I couldn't see her cleavage...I might ask her to move so I _COULD_ see it, but hey...I'm only a carbon-based biped that is descended from an ape anyway!!

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG