The online racing simulator
car2airplane bug
(135 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should this bug be at the top of the todo list?

Yes
No
I play usually at spanish league, and I DON'T AGREE with them in some way, yes the bug exists, but remember(o learn) In Spain all people is very clever and they never made mistakes, the real thing is the most part of spanish league drivers don't know anything about CLEAN race, and contact and group collisions are very common, everyone wants to win in any way.

I know this words won't be accepted by my community but is the truth, every monday.

Yesterday I end my race at second turn. You could drive carefullly at start, but the driver behind you never will do it.

These things happens since lfs-spain exists, the problem is these drivers now can't continue his dangerous driving. And others neither.

Please excuse my horrible english.
Quote from danowat ::inq:

Bloody hell, all these Spaniards coming out of the woodwork, it's like the Spanish Armarda all over again (hehehe, lets beat em again fellas)

Don't make us show our main weapons
Quote from AlfaLover :I play usually at spanish league, and I DON'T AGREE with them in some way, yes the bug exists, but remember(o learn) In Spain all people is very clever and they never made mistakes, the real thing is the most part of spanish league drivers don't know anything about CLEAN race, and contact and group collisions are very common, everyone wants to win in any way.

I know this words won't be accepted by my community but is the truth, every monday.

Yesterday I end my race at second turn. You could drive carefullly at start, but the driver behind you never will do it.

These things happens since lfs-spain exists, the problem is these drivers now can't continue his dangerous driving. And others neither.

Please excuse my horrible english.

Respect to you my friend.

Alfas rock too!
LMAO!

Does +1 mean something in Spanish that we don't know about? Is it some sort of secret code that no one outside the country knows about? Like "......wait for our signal to attack, you will know what it is when you see it my friends, viva la espana"!

I'm sure the bug will be fixed and that it's high on the list to be fixed.

p.s. Like people have said, you also need to look at the driving standard as well, you have to work with what you have right now so you just have to try and race a little cleaner so that more starters finish a race. The admins of the series have to hand out hard punishments for bad drivers to clean things up
we are talking about spanish comunity skill or solve the most important bug at LFS, i can´t understand some reply.... we are talking about real bug.

forget about finished %, and think in LFS whiout this bug, please be honest, and sorry for my english.

dont let the thread to another way, we are talking about collision bug.
funny how talking in pseudo-spanish seems to be the trend lately :P

On topic, nice to see we all agree that fly2mars is a serious bug and it would be nice if it was fixed soon, so +1
Quote from liquido :dont let the thread to another way, we are talking about collision bug.

...which has been talked about to death already. Someone made a decision to get all the Spanish LFSers to post here about this bug and the discussion will go from that. No other leagues seem to have such a problem with the number of none finishers because of this bug.

I’m not trying (and everyone else who said it) to argue or be nasty but you have to look at this point as well as the bug.
Now for personal research I've got a question for those who voted NO in the poll:

What do you think it is the bug that should be on top in the priority list?
Quote from Dani King :Now for personal research I've got a question for those who voted NO in the poll:

What do you think it is the bug that should be on top in the priority list?

I think the people who voted no were more bothered about the way this seems to have been done. Or just having a laugh.

Everyone wants the bugs fixed
Maybe we'll have to open another thread like: spain vs. england (alonso 1 vs. ham 2), but not here.

Facts:
1. the bug exits and its a problem
2. the racers (in our community or in others) don' race clean enough

Scawen can fix number 1
Quote from netsior :Maybe we'll have to open another thread like: spain vs. england (alonso 1 vs. ham 2), but not here.

Facts:

Scawen can fix number 1

Or
Scawen could not fix number 1 , and people learn to fix number 2.
Quote from netsior :Maybe we'll have to open another thread like: spain vs. england (alonso 1 vs. ham 2), but not here.

Facts:

Scawen can fix number 1

That was the perfect post of the thread xDDDDD
100% agree, Alfalover is right with point 2.
Yes, this bug is well known and should be fixed sometime, but a million Spaniards turning up posting "+1" is not going to change anything on Scawen's to do list. Maybe you forgot already, but LFS is not a democracy!

I'm fairly content that it will be fixed or at least its severity reduced sooner or later, but until then you have to learn to live with it, meaning you have to educate your drivers not to race at 100% risk all the time. Like someone said earlier; to finish first, you first have to finish.
I want tell just two thing..

In real life, If you touch lateraly your car with a wall, you car won´t do a 360º Flip. So Just drive on so2r in uf1 or fxo and you will see that Enormous BUG...

The second, it´s clear that we knowing that this bug exists, ( yes, it exists, because someone can see that "No, It doesn´t" ? ), all the LFS drivers would think to drive more carefully, but, so in this way, this isn´t a realist game..

I think that nobody must see The flag in the nick, but yes the opinions... +1 isn´t a opinion, this is a post, not a poll, so I resquest plz, that no one more put the stupid +1 because it donesn´t mean nothing..

So I agree with solve this bug, but i agree too with solve another bugs, because, we know that this isn´t the only one bug in LFS, but It´s, with lag crashes, the most important bug because it affect to the driving.

We ( LFS WORLD DRIVERS ) want a real drive, we are here for a driving simulator, ifelse, we would be in NFS, where you can paint your car, put spinners and other stuppid stuff.

PS. " Toma ladrillo"

PS2. Don´t speculate with this is a attack from spain drivers and other stupid sutff, We (everyone in this forum) aren´t boys, or almost, everyone try think as a serious person, so don´t desvituate the post with "Spanish attack" "Inquisition" or other stuff.

Thx for read this
I can't understand what has to do the "cleanity" of races with a bug.

The fact is that if you make a mistake, and we all make mistakes from time to time because we're humans, and you accidentaly hit softly a fence, then you're flying like a bird, and cars DO NOT HAVE WINGS.
Hello people.

oh, com'n the lfs spanish league have a very best skill, the most beatifull people, the most talent pilot and the most higspeed drivers of the all universe and beyond .

(and the very one terrible english).

And need a little correction in the pshysicall simulation (not stimulation) for don't go to knew the moon's hide face when we graze to the opponent.

I vote +1
Quote from Pabss :I can't understand what has to do the "cleanity" of races with a bug.

The fact is that if you make a mistake, and we all make mistakes from time to time because we're humans, and you accidentaly hit softly a fence, then you're flying like a bird, and cars DO NOT HAVE WINGS.

Because someone told some relationship between bug and low percent (40%) of people that end races ? i think it isn't a valid argument.
Quote from Pabss :I can't understand what has to do the "cleanity" of races with a bug.

Everyone has experienced this bug and it has pissed everyone off at some point but no other league seems to have had problems with it on the same scale as this league seems to be having with it.

Again, not trying to argue just pointing that out.
hey alfalover, maybe if you were a better (and faster) driver you wouldn't be racing in the last division and suffer so many collisions

When you're racing in the top divisions the feeling of the races is totally different and you can have a 100% clean race from start to finish with lots of great fights between skilled drivers

I'm not saying Spain is the best and shit like that, this is not about countries but about bugs in a game we all love to play

You could had written your thoughts and pov w/o offending anyone, your post has no sense to me
If drivers aren't capable to race without hitting barriers, it's their fault. Sure, it is a nasty bug, but if you hit a barrier you can only blame the accident on yourself.
Even if you wouldn't fly to the moon, you'd have badly damaged suspension, and you'd be out of the race anyway.
Well this thread gave me a laugh... in a nice way

Anway don't worry. There is a simple explanation why the car2airplane bug has not been fixed. Well let's re-word that... why the collision detection system has not been updated for a long time.

As you may notice the hotlap tables have remained consistent, as most people know, I do compatible things one patch, multiplayer incompatible for another patch, then physics incompatible for another patch. I don't just make small changes to this or that, incompatible changes all the time here and there. At last, some people may understand why that is, as you saw there was a divided community during the patch X development. That is what happens when multiplayer OR physics incompatible development is happening. Physics changes also remove all hotlaps, and that may not be your personal preference but it's my decision, to keep physics changes for ONE update.

So that's the reason, and I won't change the way I do things, I will always try to minimise hotlap deletions and divided online community. It doesn't make S2 take any longer to complete, it's just a matter of the order of doing things, which will never perfectly match your own priorities, but at least it's good for me and for avoiding a divided community.

In short, don't worry, in the next bunch of physics changes I will be looking at improvements to the collision system.
Quote from bendem :Hello people.

oh, com'n the lfs spanish league have a very best skill, the most beatifull people, the most talent pilot and the most higspeed drivers of the all universe and beyond .

(and the very one terrible english).

And need a little correction in the pshysicall simulation (not stimulation) for don't go to knew the moon's hide face when we graze to the opponent.

I vote +1

And you're the living example of that

By the way... to make this a bit clearer... Can anyone explain how the collision system works in an easy to understand way?
Thanks in advance!
Quote from RocksGt :Can anyone explain how the collision system works in an easy to understand way?
Thanks in advance!

You hit something and your car breaks.
Quote from Scawen :
In short, don't worry, in the next bunch of physics changes I will be looking at improvements to the collision system.

Heart rate up by 10 bpm.
Quote from Dani King :hey alfalover, maybe if you were a better (and faster) driver you won't be racing in the last division and suffer so many collisions

When you're racing in the top divisions the feeling of the races are totally different and you can have a 100% clean race from start to finish with lots of great fights between skilled drivers

I'm not saying Spain is the best and shit like that, this is not about countries but about bugs in a game we all love to play

You could had written your thoughts and pov w/o offending anyone, your post has no sense to me

Sorry don't usually have too much free time to do 300 laps at circuit like others. to learn and ajust my car properly , I usually play 1 hour during the previous week to set a time , and race on mondays.

Like other drivers that are much better than they really perform, because they doesn't have enought time to practice.

If you could play 4 hours every day, is great for you, but I can't.
This thread is closed

car2airplane bug
(135 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG