The online racing simulator
LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
Quote from 'Yisc[NL :;
Do you have a driftpb.txt on your server?
If that's not the case, no info can be displayed when you type !drf

Yeah i have a Driftpb.txt
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Wow, that was a though nut to crack and kept me out of my sleep
I've found your problem. The whole pitboard section was also placed at the end of the config-file in the Overriding section so Lapper took the last option of the two.
I've removed that part, I added the OncloseKick section (that was missing) and I've tested the whole thing.
Good luck with it, I'm off to bed now

Thx for your fast help () and sorry that i stole your sleep ^^.

Unfortunately it didn't worked on our server, whole Lapper script stays off.
I have to investigate that a bit more tomorrow...but for now i also gotta go to bed.

Thx again Yisc!

Sil
Quote from Sil3nc3r- :Thx for your fast help () and sorry that i stole your sleep ^^.

Unfortunately it didn't worked on our server, whole Lapper script stays off.
I have to investigate that a bit more tomorrow...but for now i also gotta go to bed.

Thx again Yisc!

Sil

Have you set an insim port and a password in the config-file?
I've tested the script seriously and all was working fine.
Quote from royk1991 :Yeah i have a Driftpb.txt

I've retested the adjusted script and all is working like a charm.
Lapper connects to the server, a drifpb.txt file is written and when I type !drp information is displayed. Sorry to say this, but I can't do anything more I think. I've included the corrected script. Just save it and remove .txt at the end of the filename. Set a password in the config-file and you should be good to go.
Attached files
LFSLapper.lpr.txt - 40.6 KB - 232 views
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Have you set an insim port and a password in the config-file?
I've tested the script seriously and all was working fine.

EDIT: Ok, the lapper is running but i get this when i have configured the pitboard: look at the upper left.

Sil
Attached images
lfs-20081002-184746.jpg
Quote from Sil3nc3r- :EDIT: Ok, the lapper is running but i get this when i have configured the pitboard: look at the upper left.
Sil

hi,

It's your logo on top.
Black letter's on a black background.
You can change the color of the logo button (16 for light button) or change the color of the text.
And maybe is the Width of the button to small. Its 4 now

closePrivButton("config_bg&config_title&config_title_2&position_1a&position_1b&position_1c&position_1d&height_1a&height_1b&height_1c&split_1a&split_1b&split_1c&split_1d&new&config_close_a");
openGlobalButton( "logo",20,0,20,[COLOR=red]4[/COLOR],4,-1,[COLOR=red]0[/COLOR],"^1Sim^[COLOR=red]0[/COLOR]Racing.lt Race" );
EndSub

Ah ok, sorted it out! The old Pitboard opened immediately, and this one opens after the first lap/split time. It is working now. Thx Yisc and Tim!

Cheers

Sil
Have been running a demo server for a few weeks for testing, but just installed LFSlapper and pitboard today. Most things seem to be working ok, but I have a few questions .....

1) What do I do to get LFSlapper to default to a drive through penalty or stop/go for speeding in the pit lane ?? At present it warns then autokicks..I couldn't work it out.

2) How do i configure the qualusers section ?? I see it needs to point to a file. What generates this file ? Where is it? and how do I point to it.

3) The pitboard (v1.31) is working well for me, but how do I default to the low position ? It always starts high and I have to change it in !config. Also when I do change it from high to low, the darker black backgorund is missing until I complete a lap. Is this a bug or normal ?

Think that is it so far, I am not too good a this ! I did manage to create a nice welcome message myself though
Quote from gaz_az :Have been running a demo server for a few weeks for testing, but just installed LFSlapper and pitboard today. Most things seem to be working ok, but I have a few questions .....

1) What do I do to get LFSlapper to default to a drive through penalty or stop/go for speeding in the pit lane ?? At present it warns then autokicks..I couldn't work it out.

2) How do i configure the qualusers section ?? I see it needs to point to a file. What generates this file ? Where is it? and how do I point to it.

3) The pitboard (v1.31) is working well for me, but how do I default to the low position ? It always starts high and I have to change it in !config. Also when I do change it from high to low, the darker black backgorund is missing until I complete a lap. Is this a bug or normal ?

Think that is it so far, I am not too good a this ! I did manage to create a nice welcome message myself though

Question 1:

$MaxFastDriveOnPit = 3;

This sets the number of penalties a player can get before any action is taken.
The first two times the player receives a warning, the third time the player is kicked or banned. (just what you set there)

Question 2:

You don't need a file to set authorisation.
Just set the levels of authorisation you want, like:

$Auth1 = "FBM:BL1:1.17.50";

This means: Car: FBM , Track:BL1 , Time: 1.17.50 or below must be in PB.txt file.

$AuthAllowPlayer = "Auth1";

This means that only players that have reached level Auth1 can race on your server.

$AuthMinPlayer = 9;

This sets the number of player that are aloud without authorisation. As long as the number of players that are connected is below this value, anyone can enter the server. If this number is reached, authorisation is checked.

Question 3:

#########################################################################
# Event triggered when lapper start
Event OnLapperStart()
PlayerVar $pitboard_pos = "1";
PlayerVar $pitboard_high_lr = "1";
PlayerVar $pitboard_high_tb = "70";
PlayerVar $pitboard_splits = "3";
EndEvent

Change it to:

# Event triggered when lapper start
Event OnLapperStart()
PlayerVar $pitboard_pos = "1";
PlayerVar $pitboard_high_lr = "1";
PlayerVar $pitboard_high_tb = "125";
PlayerVar $pitboard_splits = "3";
EndEvent

In the Sub OnConnectClose() section:

openPrivButton( "height_1b",67,67,10,5,5,-1,32,"^2High^8",Pitboard_high );
openPrivButton( "height_1c",78,67,10,5,5,-1,32,"Low",Pitboard_low );

Change it to:

openPrivButton( "height_1b",67,67,10,5,5,-1,32,"High",Pitboard_high );
openPrivButton( "height_1c",78,67,10,5,5,-1,32,"^2Low^8",Pitboard_low );

Quote from Yisc[NL] :
Question 2:

You don't need a file to set authorisation.
Just set the levels of authorisation you want, like:

$Auth1 = "FBM:BL1:1.17.50";

This means: Car: FBM , Track:BL1 , Time: 1.17.50 or below must be in PB.txt file.

$AuthAllowPlayer = "Auth1";

This means that only players that have reached level Auth1 can race on your server.

$AuthMinPlayer = 9;

This sets the number of player that are aloud without authorisation. As long as the number of players that are connected is below this value, anyone can enter the server. If this number is reached, authorisation is checked.

Thanks for the quick reply - I will update the relevent sections. Question 2 however wasn't exactly what I was having trouble with, but it is very useful to know anyway.

I wanted to know how to configure this section properly ........ Particulary how do I generate, and where do i place a .flt file ??

$RefreshQualUsers = true;
#$QualUsers = "&./your_file.flt";
$QualUsers = "@DefGroup:5:5:2,Gai-Luron,MataGyula,nesrulz,gwendoline,_-ALUCARD-_,lagamel,lister88,c-quad,shimanofr,bruno7529,boby5,kevinb,edgar,berlioz,la tortue,neron59,eur-can,stff,2psbob,oliv76000";

thanks
Sorry, I've misread your second question so the answer wasn't very usefull.
I have no experience with the qualify options so I can't be much of a help.
What I do know it that your filename can have any extention. (exept for the ones that are reserved by the operation system like exe,com,bat etc.)
OK Thanks - the other things worked well, I have fixed the level of the pit board, and the pitlane speeding is now setup properly.

If anyone else can help me with the other question, it would be appreciated.

Quote from gaz_az :I wanted to know how to configure this section properly ........ Particulary how do I generate, and where do i place a .flt file ??

$RefreshQualUsers = true;
#$QualUsers = "&./your_file.flt";
$QualUsers = "@DefGroup:5:5:2,GaiLuron,MataGyula,nesrulz,gwendoline,_ALUCARD-_,lagamel,lister88,c-quad,shimanofr,bruno7529,boby5,kevinb,edgar,berlioz,la tortue,neron59,eur-can,stff,2psbob,oliv76000";

Hi,
You can use this part to show a other !top list only for the people who add to the qualusers. (required for function !nearqual !topqual and !statsqual)
$QualUsers = "Gai-Luron,MataGyula,"

or place all of the racers in a file
$QualUsers = "&./QualUsers.txt";

Gai-Luron
MataGyula

Quote :
# RefreshQualUsers : allow Lapper to refresh QualUsers on each outgoing pits, Usefull if QualUsers is a file and this is changed frequently by an external program
# QualUser : is a list of racers that participed in the qualification, required for function !nearqual !topqual and !statsqual
# if you prefix with & , You can indicate a file name that contains a list of racers, one racer per line (example : QualUsers = ./userfile.txt
# if you prefix with @, You can list usernames separated with ',' (example : QualUsers = @Gai-Luron,gwendoline,_-ALUCARD-_,lagamel
# You can specify which car is used by a user adding car after username separated by ':' (example : Gai-Luron:XFR,lagamel:UFR)
# You can specify the scheme of group of this qualification using a special username called DefGroup
# Defgroup Take 3 argument separated with ':'
# 1 - Is the number Max of Group for this qualification
# 2 - Is the number max of user per group
# 3 - Is the minimum of user in the last group, recalc previous group as possible if number is low
# If you ommit scheme of groups, the group of qualification do not appear

$QualUsers = "@DefGroup:5:5:2,Gai-Luron,MataGyula,"
for max 5 groups with 5 racer's and last group is min 2 racer's
or if you use a file

@DefGroup:5:5:2
Gai-Luron
MataGyula

This should be a easy one for you guys. I have a dedi server running LFS Lapper fine right now except my idle player on track doesn't seem to work. I left it default just changed the seconds in the cfg. Take a look.

##################################
#Options for idle player on track#

#$IdleExclude = "Lagamel,Gai-Luron"; # Usernames excluded for idle check

$OnIdleTimeout1 = 50; # Idle timeout for OnIdleAction1 in seconds

Event OnIdleAction1()
privMsg( "^3You are idle and will be spectated in 10 seconds" );
EndEvent

$OnIdleTimeout2 = 60; # Idle timeout for OnIdleAction2 in seconds

Event OnIdleAction2()
cmdLFS( "/spec " . $Nickname );
privMsg( "^3You are spectated for non-activity" );
EndEvent

Does anyone have a clue why its not working? Thanks

Nevermind I fixed it myself... It seems you cant use 60 seconds for idle, so I used 59. Hope this helps others as well.
Quote from Shanobi :This should be a easy one for you guys. I have a dedi server running LFS Lapper fine right now except my idle player on track doesn't seem to work. I left it default just changed the seconds in the cfg. Take a look.

#Options for idle player on track#

#$IdleExclude = "Lagamel,Gai-Luron"; # Usernames excluded for idle check

$OnIdleTimeout1 = 50; # Idle timeout for OnIdleAction1 in seconds

Event OnIdleAction1()
privMsg( "^3You are idle and will be spectated in 10 seconds" );
EndEvent

$OnIdleTimeout2 = 60; # Idle timeout for OnIdleAction2 in seconds

Event OnIdleAction2()
cmdLFS( "/spec " . $Nickname );
privMsg( "^3You are spectated for non-activity" );
EndEvent

Does anyone have a clue why its not working? Thanks

Nevermind I fixed it myself... It seems you cant use 60 seconds for idle, so I used 59. Hope this helps others as well.

I've tested your code in one of my configuration files and it's working like a charm.
So the problem is most likely caused by an other section of your config file.
OK - I think I understand !

So basically I create a txt file called QualUsers.txt , and place it in the bin folder !?

Do I have to add names manually or does LFSLapper automatically update the file itself ??
Small Question to the Pitboard:

We were racing with 3 people today on AS2. All had the pitboard configured, but what the lapper showed to the people was different:

So if racer A had a good split or a good lap, it displayed it in the pitboard of Racer A (self). Racer B hadnt seen anything while Racer C had the message on the upper left (like as normal).

This happens in Qualify and in racing. But in racing it showed the fastest lap as normal (i guess because it comes from LFS itself and not from the lapper).

So, any help on this ? I would like the lapper infos to show to all people.

Cheers and thx in advance

Sil
Quote from gaz_az :OK - I think I understand !

So basically I create a txt file called QualUsers.txt , and place it in the bin folder !?

Do I have to add names manually or does LFSLapper automatically update the file itself ??

Hi,

You can use (allmost) any name for the file and place it in the Bin folder or in any folder on your server.

example:
$QualUsers = "&C:\Program Files\LFS\CommonFiles\QualUsers.txt";

You have to add the names manualy to the file .

If you setup a league or a event you can add the league racers in the file .
Hi,

I've had some problems with my lfslapper but 500servers helped me out, but i have another that i dont want to pester them with since its not related to the servers, wondering if you could help.

I cant get rid of an annoying message, the Max Session Laps reached thing.
Its set to two laps, i just got rid of the "#" to see what it does, but now it wont go away.

I've surrounded it with "/*" "*/" , added some "#" but it still pops up in game after 4 laps... set to 2 in the lpr..

Also the "!top" command isnt quite right. I've specified that i want the UF1 to be the default, as you can see in the attached file, but when I type !top all I get is an OK button. And if i type !top uf1 I get a list but no button!

The server is live right now, at Herts Racing - UF1 Enduro Q , if you want to check out my problems. Lastly, when changing something in the lfslapper.lpr, do i have to restart lfslapper?

Is there some sort of manual or wiki on lfslapper so i can read all the rules because i'd love to learn more how to use and make my own clever rules

attached is the code, any help?
Attached files
help.txt - 39.9 KB - 220 views
I'm at work at the moment so I can't test your code.
As far as I can see, nothing is wrong with the code.
When you make a change in Lapper you have to restart it to activate the changes.
Tonight I will have a closer look at your code.
Thanks, no probelm, I look forward to your reply. I have restarted the lapper but i'm at college at the moment so i cant get on the server.

My server is hosted by 500servers, I change things through a TCAdmin interface, and sometimes when I restart the server because i've changed the name or other setting, lfslapper doesnt startup again. Something I have to type into lfs to make it start? Or will it start automatically?
Lapper has to be started using a batch-file which is included in the Lapper package.

[edit]
I've checked your config-file and there's nothing wrong with it, except a small problem in the OnConnect section which I corrected for you. I've tested with a 5 lap race and a 10 lap qualification and all is okay.
[/edit]
Attached files
help.txt - 40 KB - 260 views
Thanks a lot friend, you're a very generous & helpful person. Thanks for testing as well as sorting out.
Quote from james_bskt :Thanks a lot friend, you're a very generous & helpful person. Thanks for testing as well as sorting out.

+1

Sil
I have a weird problem with LFS Lapper on my VPS. It seems to connect then gives an error message. I have supplied an image with LFS Lapper and a Dedicated Server running to show you what is happening with it.

When I use the exactly same settings just a different IP address on my Desktop or laptop they seem to work fine. If anyone else has experienced this problem please could you tell me if you managed to fix it?

Problem: http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7013/errorzq6.png
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG