The online racing simulator
Flip, I can't seem to get this working with my LFS install. It seems to be installed properly, but the key combos aren't doing anything (or at least aren't giving me the echo text). I've never used scripts before... is there something I need to install or turn on?

I also noticed that the scripts are formatted like so:

/ctrlf 11 /run fc_runCam5

is the "f" supposed to be up against the "ctrl" like that?
#27 - FL!P
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Flip, I can't seem to get this working with my LFS install.

Sorry to hear it!

Quote :It seems to be installed properly, but the key combos aren't doing anything (or at least aren't giving me the echo text). I've never used scripts before... is there something I need to install or turn on?

No, should be working out of the box.

Quote :I also noticed that the scripts are formatted like so:

/ctrlf 11 /run fc_runCam5

is the "f" supposed to be up against the "ctrl" like that?

Yes, this is intended.

Do you have "/run fc_runCam1" in the script autoexec.lfs?
Yes I do.

Is the FlipCams.exe file supposed to be in the LFS root directory or the scripts directory?
#29 - FL!P
It should be in LFS's directory. What happens when you double-click the exe?
Error: FlipCams is intended to be launched from LFS.

edit: everything seems to be in the proper place, it just plain not working in LFS itself. hmm.
#31 - FL!P
Go to Options > Game > CTRL+. You should see CTRL + F11 and CTRL + 12 set to /run fc_runCam5 and /run fc_runCam2. Is that the case?

Also you said that "/run fc_runCam1" is present in autoexec.lfs. It means that when you launch LFS you should see "FlipCams CAM1" displayed on the screen. Do you?

You're using patch X, right?
Those CTRL+ messages were not set and I don't see "FlipCams CAM1" when LFS starts.

I set the CTRL+ messages and got "Could not load file : data\script\fc_runCam2.lfs" when I hit CTRL+F12.

Yes, patch X is what I'm using.
Here's a screenshot of the file structure.
Attached images
scripts.jpg
#34 - FL!P
The file structure looks good. What happens if you go on track, press T to get the text input, and type "/run fc_runCam1" (no quotes) and Return/Enter?

Update: I see that you seem to have several LFS installations (LFS S2 - Copy - Copy - Copy). Sorry for asking, but you're sure you run the right LFS.exe (the one in the installation where you put FlipCams, I mean)?
"Could not load file : data\script\fc_runCam1.lfs"
Oh god. I just realized what the problem is. I'm such an idiot. Sorry for all this running around.
#37 - FL!P
What I suggested in the update to my previous message, right?
Indeed. At some point I created a copy of my Patch X install (the wonderfully named "Copy - Copy") and never did anything with it. Then, later, I mistakenly assumed that the one with the most "copy"s was the most up to date.

Sorry again!

And thanks for the great program.
#39 - FL!P
No problem, mate! Glad we've sorted it out!
Awesome program, why didn't you do this long time ago! Very nice that you can also change separately the "move with view" options for the views and not screw up your settings you use for driving.

Small suggestion: would it be possible to have more shortcut keys to choose from? Maybe even possible to manually set them? F buttons are not good because the same keys has the online messages. Of course you can delete messages from the certain keys you use for this program so it's not a huge problem but anyways.

By the way, I bet Scawen had "support for multiple custom views" on the to do list at some point of the U test patching but it never got to the game?
#41 - FL!P
Quote from deggis :Awesome program, why didn't you do this long time ago!

Didn't know you needed it.

Quote :Small suggestion: would it be possible to have more shortcut keys to choose from? Maybe even possible to manually set them? F buttons are not good because the same keys has the online messages. Of course you can delete messages from the certain keys you use for this program so it's not a huge problem but anyways.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what I can do in the next version.

Quote :By the way, I bet Scawen had "support for multiple custom views" on the to do list at some point of the U test patching but it never got to the game?

I have no idea, but I'm sure that if he did, he certainly didn't plan to do it the way I did (see "how it works" in the readme).

Thanks for the feedback!
Had some fun with this during the 4hr IGTC race today. Thanks again, made spectating a lot more fun.
Thank you very much for creating this, Fl!p. It indeed makes spectating quite interesting.
Salut Fl!p! Je n'en doute pas, ton programme doit etre excellent! Mais voila, j'ai du faire une connerie, parce que chez moi ca marche pas . Lorsque je démarre LFS, il me dit bien que le programme tourne (au dessus a gauche). Lorsque je suis en piste et que je fais Ctrl+F11 ou 12, il me dit  FlipCams: CAM 1-2-3-4 ou 5. Donc je pense que tout est bien installé (j'ai aussi placé tes vue faites par défaut dans le répertoire "views"...). Le prob, c'est que rien ne se passe! La vue ne change pas... J'ai a peu pres tout essayé, mais pas moyen d'arriver a le faire marcher . J'utilise le patch X. Voila... Help stp!
#45 - FL!P
Quote from FBUT Bishop :j'ai aussi placé tes vue faites par défaut dans le répertoire "views"...

Les vues que j'ai partagées ne vont pas que dans views, mais aussi dans views_cam2, 3, 4 et 5. Tu as copiées celles là aussi ?

Par défaut, FlipCams duplique le dossier views lors de son installation, donc au départ toutes les vues sont identiques et c'est normal. C'est seulement lorsque tu modifies une vue qu'elle est enregistrée dans le set courant.

D'autre part, pour que la custom view soit visible il ne suffit pas de presser Ctrl+12 ou Ctrl+11, mais il faut aussi presser la touche V pour afficher la custom view.

Est-ce que ça aide ?
Pigé
Merci!
#47 - troy
really neat little piece of script you made there, tried it the first time today and already loving it

a suggestion maybe, why not let people make even more custom cams 10,20?
(i know 20 is a bit much maybe but i used all the 5 views and got ideas for at least 5 more ^^)
if its not a biggie why not just add plenty of possible cams and let the user decide how many he wants to use,
like on that example picture attached (dont laugh it was just a 30sek paint job)
Attached images
cams.JPG
#48 - FL!P
Thanks for the suggestion! I considered allowing more cams, but since you can only cycle between them, I thought that reaching the cam you're looking for could quickly become a pain in the butt. I'd like to know what others think about it, though.
Quote from FL!P :Thanks for the suggestion! I considered allowing more cams, but since you can only cycle between them, I thought that reaching the cam you're looking for could quickly become a pain in the butt. I'd like to know what others think about it, though.

I'd be happy having a few more. :]
#50 - troy
Quote from FL!P :Thanks for the suggestion! I considered allowing more cams, but since you can only cycle between them, I thought that reaching the cam you're looking for could quickly become a pain in the butt. I'd like to know what others think about it, though.

yep, i thought about that also and as a g15 user i got 18 free programmable buttons to use for this so that wouldnt be a problem at least for me, for other people you could also consider to change the system so you can configure some buttons on the keyboard instead of having just 2 to switch

or another idea make group of cams and use 4 hotkeys, 2 to switch from one group of cam sets to another and 2 to switch the 5 cameras inside of the group

group1 group2
/ | | | \ / | | | \
cam1 cam2 cam3 cam4 cam5 cam1 cam2 cam3 cam4 cam5

not sure if thats possible, as i said its all just some ideas i had

FlipCams - 5 custom views per car
(199 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG