The online racing simulator
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Yeah, it's happened a few times before too. I cycled through the hotkeys and then the message appeared...

Hmm, that's quite odd! So you're left with 5 views_cam* folders and no views folder?

FlipCams installs nothing else than the scripts and the exe. I don't see what could cause the problem you're having, except maybe if Vista suddenly denied FlipCams the authorisation to rename a folder.
Ton Programme est verolé
Salut Compatriote.

Avast me trouve le virus dans l'exécutable à télécharger.

Win32:Agent-QYH [Trj]

Vois ce que tu peux faire.

A +
Same here. The file attached has a Trojan inside. "Win32:Agent-QYH [Trj]"

Thx to Kidcodea for pointing me to that problem with the file.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm investigating.
I'm using Avast antivirus too, and it started only today to warn me about this trojan being found in FlipCams (and in every other AutoHotkey script I ever compiled). The trojan wasn't found in AutoHotkey itself nor in its dependencies, so I believe these alerts are due to some bogus information having entered Avast's database.

I downloaded the latest version of AutoHotkey, recompiled FlipCams with it, and Avast Antivirus no longer complains about it. So I'm releasing FlipCams 1.0.2, which is a new build but doesn't contain any other changes. You'll find it at the top of this thread.

Thanks again to Latanturle for having raised this issue.
Nice and simple solution to the multiplying of custom cams. Well done FL!P.

I found one issue:
Why combination of CTRL+F9/CTRL+F10 is missing in the installation program?
I had to edit scripts to have shortcuts under these keys.
Thank you! About CTRL+F9/CTRL+F10, it's a bug. That pair should have been there, but you're the first one who noticed that it is missing (or the first one who mentioned it to me). Thanks for that. It will be fixed in the next release.
Hello,

one question: does Flip also work on patch y?
Yes I do!

And in case you wonder, FlipCams does too.

Flip
Thanks a lot for this Flippy!
Really appreciated it.
I'm probably doing something wrong but Flipcams crashed after i tried the camera's posted here before (in this post). Now it even crashes after i've uninstalled flipcam, removed camera's and install again.
Sorry to read you're having problems with FlipCams, marzman. I'd need more info to be able to help you, though. You say that FlipCams crashes, but you don't say at which point. Does it happen when you try to switch cams from inside LFS?

Flip
Quote from FL!P :Sorry to read you're having problems with FlipCams, marzman. I'd need more info to be able to help you, though. You say that FlipCams crashes, but you don't say at which point. Does it happen when you try to switch cams from inside LFS?

Flip

No it crashes when i start up LFS (i can continu in LFS after i kill Flipcam in the taskmanager). It worked the first time i installed it, but broke when i copied over the cams from the zipfile. Now it also crashes without the custom views copied over (i've deleted all view directories). I tried uninstalling (like you mentioned in a post in this topic) and reinstalling.
Sorry, I missed your reply.

What happens if you just double-click FlipCams when LFS is not running? Does it give you any error dialog?
Quote from FL!P :Sorry, I missed your reply.

What happens if you just double-click FlipCams when LFS is not running? Does it give you any error dialog?

I didn't look at FlipCam for a while, saw your reply and tried again and it works without errors. I don't know what happened or what is different.

Thanks for trying to help and making this program. I can now try to make a movie with it that doesnt only have default views
Well, glad the problem is fixed.
Thanks! This is all I needed
why for me not working i press CTRL+F12 or F11 and nothink happening
Have you seen this post? Let me know if it doesn't help.
hello,

is it possible to add more cameras or is flipcams limited to 5 ?
FlipCam is limited to 5 cameras. But if you wanted more cameras to make a video, you could record the shots you need with those 5 cameras, then quit LFS, backup the folders "data\views" and "data\views_cam*" (where * is a number from 1 to 5), launch LFS, update the five cameras, record the new shots, and when you're done, restore the views* folders from your backup to get your first 5 cameras back.
FL!P Great work!! I love this ... however it is having some conflict with another add-on I use which tinkers with the cameras as well (Cam Level). I was wondering what is the procedure to uninstall FlipCam ... or at least disable it when I don't need it.

Again great work and THANKS!!

MERCI BEAUCOUP!

EDIT: Never mind I found the instructions to uninstall on the Readme file (RTFM!!!)
Glad you like it and you RTFM, vicbel.

However, would you mind elaborating a bit on the conflicts you experienced? The way FlipCams works, it shouldn't conflict with anything.

Cheers,

Flip
Quote from FL!P :Glad you like it and you RTFM, vicbel.

However, would you mind elaborating a bit on the conflicts you experienced? The way FlipCams works, it shouldn't conflict with anything.

Cheers,

Flip

When using Camlevel (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37537) all the flipcams are forced to view forward. I have some cameras setup to look to the back and these are forced to look forward when using camlevel.

Hope this helps.
I see, thanks for the info.

I read in CamLevel's thread that it forces the camera to look forward, so obviously it's the intended behavior. Therefore, uninstalling FlipCams won't change anything. You could keep it installed and use it when you're not using CamLevel, or your could even define your FlipCams cameras in relation with CamLevel and use them both together (for example you could have one FlipCam "attached" to the front bumper, one inside the car, one on its roof, one on the rear wing, etc.). They all will point forwards, but it's still better than a single cam.

FlipCams - 5 custom views per car
(199 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG