The online racing simulator
LFS Promo Video
(39 posts, started )
Runriot is a very very very good movie, I've used it to hook several people on LFS. It does a great job of showing off both the physics of the game and how good online racing can be, especially with people close in terms of speed. I've not yet seen szwei, but I'd like to, I'm headed over to the lfs movies pit right now.
Quote from tristancliffe :Plus they are VERY fit women, so start downloading those wallpapers now

Very fit women indeed
Found this nice picture, compleete with checkered flag, hehe
Attached images
vanilla_ninja.jpg
#28 - axus
Oh my hawtness...
I prefer also RunRiot.

Szwei and JoeCool Going Crazy With S2 are also good - except the music part in them (can the music choice be more unoriginal than Linkin Park? illepall).
#30 - axus
Yes - RunRiot shows the spirit of S2 - the "This is S2" movie has a few too many crashes to show what LFS is really about. I like the intro though - with the cars and tracks introduced like that it is really cool. I think we will have that intro with Blur - Song 2 and the "Woahooo" starting after the LFS logo shows then mostly RunRiot stuff and a bit of "This is S2" thrown in for good measure. Any other great driving song suggestions?
How about ZZTop - Decition or Collision, found on the Recycler album.
How about one of these?
http://www.machinaesupremacy.c ... _flight_of_the_toyota.mp3
http://www.machinaesupremacy.c ... la_in_the_spiders_web.mp3
http://www.machinaesupremacy.c ... heme_from_jets-n-guns.mp3
More here: http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/discography.htm

If you're going to mod the videos for a looping display, I suggest you concentrate on shots that highlight the physics, especially the suspension. Things like bouncing on kerbs in corners, side to side weight shifts in a chicane, the slight 4 wheel drift you can get on long sweepers with the road cars or a downhill run of AS Historic's "eau rouge" in an LX. When I watch videos, I find that kind of visual really makes LFS' realism stand out. The GTRs sure look pretty, but because they're set so tight and don't bounce around much, it tends to "feel" like you could be watching any other game like GTR or GT4.
#33 - axus
How about this for a drift to show in there? My own personal work from a while back...
Attached files
CRC^vAxus.SA_SO3_FZ5_9.spr - 12 KB - 170 views
DoN's video Slowmotion is really beautiful and shows off LFS physics with FXO on FE Green. Also it is high quality, movement is very smooth.
Szwei and RunRiot are the two I certainly would have suggested, especially Szwei.
Quote from axus :Yes - RunRiot shows the spirit of S2 - the "This is S2" movie has a few too many crashes to show what LFS is really about. I like the intro though - with the cars and tracks introduced like that it is really cool. I think we will have that intro with Blur - Song 2 and the "Woahooo" starting after the LFS logo shows then mostly RunRiot stuff and a bit of "This is S2" thrown in for good measure. Any other great driving song suggestions?

As this is for Promotional work you might want to consider the copywrite infringements you are doing when using music without the publishers permissions.

Considering, again, this is Promotional Work for LFS, how about having a word with the music maestro himself Victor. He might have a song tucked away that he would give you permission to use.

Like the song JC used for the first S2 movie. Vic wrote that ( I think )

I only say all of the above, as this is clearly going a little further than just our forums, Movie Pit, etc etc.

Regards

Fordie
#37 - axus
Yes, thank you for pointing that out Fordman. I will definately take it into consideration...
Why not try this? Go online, or do some really good singleplayer racing. (or better yet grab a league replay) and set up one computer to broadcast to a multitude of monitors? Theres a plugin called LFS Show that will go through a selected amount of replays over and over for game presentations. Shame that Ive never gotten the program to work
don vid is cool but would benefit from better set and or driving. even as is, its the best lfs movie for me coz its all about physics and motion.
its based off something that i dunno became public or not. which was also very nice.

LFS Promo Video
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG