The online racing simulator
It was a fantastic race last weekend for those who missed it. Some really close racing and very few incidents. A video is being put together at the moment which I'm sure will be posted here as soon as it's done.

Entries for the next race are already full! Still some reserve places left though.
I was wondering if somebody could help me with my fuel and tire strategy.

My tires seem to be a big problem at the moment. The R2s really don't seem to be holding up too well. Even after a tonne of warmup laps, they don't seem to yield much grip, and they seem to become useless, wear wise, after around 20 laps. I've not tested the R1s on this set for longevity, but I can lap much better with them, around -1.5 seconds!

And I really have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to fuel... I was thinking that since I really don't mind too much where I place (IE not trying to be too aggressive), I could probably get by with a one pit strategy, but loading up my fuel early on, but I really don't know how this'll coincide with my tire wear.
You definately want to be using R1's, they last long enough if you are not continuously sliding and locking up. I think at some tracks it is definately possible to run the enitre race on just one set of R1's, only having to pit for fuel. Not competing at Fern Bay so I can't really comment on the track specifics.
Yeah - R1s all the way. They go through a hot stage but then as they get thin they cool nicely. While they are hot you just have to be careful not to use more lock than absolutely necesary.
Hi chaps,

Been reading this thread / forum for a while now. How are figures looking? I'd love to join the action, but obviously don't want to spend forever on a reserve rosta...
Quote from creativesurgeon :Hi chaps,

Been reading this thread / forum for a while now. How are figures looking? I'd love to join the action, but obviously don't want to spend forever on a reserve rosta...

The races so far have been full but......you have to enter the league then enter each individual race you want to take part in.

Entry for a race opens when the previous race is done, so if you enter fast you get in the race or choose not to enter that race at all.

This means even tho you would be entering late you are not at the back of some league long entry list. Entry lists go from race to race. Hope that makes sense.

http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/index.php
Its also worth mentioning that by sheer fluke so far we have had 32 cars on each grid and yet not a single reserve has been dissappointed.

Looks like we may not quite fill the grid at the next one - there are always a few no shows.

Oh, and btw - there is practice race tonight at 21:00 UK time if you fancy it.
Not the best of races for me, crashed out twice

First time I made it back to the pits without getting blue flagged, second time, I crashed because I was under a blue flag :P

In any case, I suppose this means i'm out of the season, but I think there needs to be some rule preventing people from using the blue flag as a cover for passing the chap ahead of them. It happened to me twice, i'd be moving off my line in the straight to let somebody pass, and then i'd try to retake my line after they pass, only to find that some wise crack who was behind me thought it'd be a good idea to use my line change as an opportunity to take back the line, and i'd need to swerve out to avoid hitting anybody.

I am afraid that is just part of racing and you need to be more switched on when being lapped. Sometimes you lose out, but that's racing.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I am afraid that is just part of racing and you need to be more switched on when being lapped. Sometimes you lose out, but that's racing.

Well, I realize that, but they'll do it unsafely and idiotically too, like into chicanes and stuff, and with EXTREMELY reckless abandon.
thx for the "race" GFC staff.

I got hit on the 1st corner of the 1st lap, lost my concentration and crashed... fell back to 30th place and then worked my way back up to 5th. If it werent for the FOX's slowing me down, i probably would have blown my tires so i guess i should thank them.
How crap, got from about 7th to 2nd on first lap, held that for about 7 laps until I out braked myself at t1 thinking my tyres were ready for such braking. Then on the same lap I spun before the last corner. This devoted me to about 6th, I hot lapped with lots of fuel for 30 or so laps which got me to 4th. I completely forgot that the fo8s lap us about 15 times, so I had much to much fuel no after my one and only pit stop.

I raced around in 4th, then down the bottom of the hill, got the left wheels on the grass and bang... rolled the car, that was that on about lap 45. How crap
Quote from sinkoman :Well, I realize that, but they'll do it unsafely and idiotically too, like into chicanes and stuff, and with EXTREMELY reckless abandon.

That's not what you said, you wanted people to not be allowed to overtake you when you were being shown a blue flag. Reckless overtaking is reckless overtaking, whatever the circumstance, I don't see what the blue flag has to do with it.
I think he means other Fox's taking advantage of a situation when FO8's are lapping a group of Fox's, but thats part of the skill of racing if you watch Le man series or the GTR Duel Class series it is seen as a bonafied opertunity to pass your class peers in this situation, if you left the door open thats your concern but if the pass was dangerous then use the report system and the relevant decision will be made.
Entries are now being accepted for Race 4 of the GFC at Aston Grand Prix Reversed.
Quote from CELTIC100 :I think he means other Fox's taking advantage of a situation when FO8's are lapping a group of Fox's, but thats part of the skill of racing if you watch Le man series or the GTR Duel Class series it is seen as a bonafied opertunity to pass your class peers in this situation, if you left the door open thats your concern but if the pass was dangerous then use the report system and the relevant decision will be made.

One time an F08 slowed down because of a blueflag in front of me and i snuck by, but i guess he didnt see me and hit me and spun out. i was already so far past him that he just hit my rear tire IIRC.

i tried not to interrupt battles between foxes and i waited even if it slowed me down alot.
#93 - DeKo
I think i did pretty well in being patient behind the FOX's. Most got out my way when it was safe to do so, but following them through the esses was an absolute nightmare. I made the same dodgy move on onion twice, round the outside, but thats when i was really on the march to try and get 7th.
The problem was the 3rd corner of the esses complex as the fox's needed to use the whole road to navigate successfully IE start wide - hit apex - run wide, the FO8's would dive in an pinch the apex causing the Fox driver to run wide onto the grass, happened to me twice causing me to spin twice, so after that I had to go defensive through there to stop the FO8's passing at that spot, Remember the FOX has right to racing line and it is the onus of the FO8 driver to make a clean pass, so sorry if I held you up as I stated over on the GF Forum it was a case of self preservation.
The grid for race 3 of the GFC is now full. However there are always several dropouts and there are 15 reserve spaces available for anyone who is interested in trying this extremely challenging format.
A polling system has now been introduced so the GFC community are the jurers. This has been introduced for the first time in round 3. Visit the members only area of the forum top see how this system works.
Round scores and Standings are now available including adjusted totals (2 lowest scores dropped).
The GFC community boasts some of the fastest drivers in the world. For the upcoming event at Aston Grand Prix Reverse the FO8 class has the top two times in the world on the FO8 hotlap rank and FOX drivers have the 1st and 3rd fastest times in the world in the FOX rank.

Pretty impressive huh
I must say it was a fantastic race, just a shame that we didn't manage a full grid this time. I imagine BL1 will be fully packed, though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG