The online racing simulator
Yeah, there must be plenty of Redliners out there who would fancy this.
Entries are slow on this occassion. Surprising as you would think there were plenty of racers out there who might fancy running at Blackwood.
i would have entered... but my pedal's broken, and i will be out of the country for 2 weeks in august.
Quote from Gabkicks :i would have entered... but my pedal's broken, and i will be out of the country for 2 weeks in august.

Sorry to hear that mate - look forward to seeing you back.

There are still 5 spots available for round 5!

Got to http://gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum to enter
Race 5 was a great success. Have a read of the post race reports to see what happened. There are also stats and standings available already. All this can be found at:

http://gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/

Entries are now open for Race 6 - South City Long Reverse. Gonna be tough. Sign up if you think you're good enough
I have now set the GFC server to South City Long Reverse in preparation for the next event.
Still a week to practice, and still places left, so get your entries in! It's a great and challenging track this. Takes a bit of practice but once you get the hang of it it's a thrill to drive round!
I am now accepting entries for race 7 of the GFC at Kyoto GP long. All FO8 entrants may want to study my track guide for a nice fast time.
Voting is now in progress for the points penalties for race 6. Please visit the forum to vote if you are a member:
All votes have been counted and verified

The penalties have now been applied to the GFC Standings spreadsheet along with a whole load of statistical information. You can now see performance indicators for any driver by using the "My Performance" worksheet. It shows round by round performance both overall and within class.

Where you see the big red "14" (I'm on row 14 on the "Standings" worksheet) enter the row in which the round scores appear for the driver you want to see, save and then reopen the Excel file. The data will be populated.

The "Trends" worksheet shows the performance of the GFC as a whole in terms of attendance.

Also there's some driver performance statistics based on how many drivers show up and how many people finish the race.

Let me know if you think it's helpful. It's quite cool checking out your competitors stats

I will add more stuff as I think of it

http://gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150

Enjoy.
Results, statistics, replays and championship standings and driver performance have all been updated following race 7 of the GFC. See
http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/

I am now accepting entries for race 8 at Westhill International.
Hey

Glad to be back on racing with you guys after this huge break.

I decided to race 3 or 4 hours before the race and had no clue that the tricky chicane were going to put so much damage on your suspension, i had a difficult time dealing with that plus the time i spent without racing with fox made almost impossible to be as fast as needed, besides that, and please don't laugh either way i use a r1 r1 tyre setup, the one that were in the setup i've chosen to qualify heheh.
It wasn't so bad until the sand trap, i was almost to continue, but i was lapped and gave in.

Anyway i almost didn't remember how fun it is to deal with the mix cup GF made for us, i'm glad to have raced today and hope to be in for the rest of the season.

And the new look from both the forum and the site are great, really silky the forum heheh, great job Gentle, keep it up
Good to have you back mate. I enjoyed our races at the start of the season.

I have some fantastic news for you all!

As from season 2 of the GFC onwards the winner of each class will win a genuine quality trophy to keep and remind you of your achievements in the GFC.
I want to get into this But I havnt signed up yet is it too late?
No, you can enter at any time. We've got race 3 of Season 3 today, so you're just in time for that.

To enter, visit the forum at

http://gentlefoot.com//LFS/forum/index.php

Have a read of the rules, sign up and a look through the previous judicial videos and decisions. Then send Gentlefoot a PM telling him your LFS username and which series (GFC or GTTC) you want to enter.

Look forward to seeing you on track
At the last GTTC race we had 30 entrants for qualifying but one fella had to leave before the race so we were down to 29 for the grid.

In the GFC we had 24 cars on the grid.

So, if you are thinking about entering the next race at Kyoto National (many drivers favourite) you'd better get your entries in now as I think we may well fill both grids for this one.

Hope to see one or two new faces there on Sunday 8th June.
Owing to the fact that gentlefoot.com has been unable to find a sponsor and because members refuse to donate even small amounts to cover the running costs of the servers and the web host it is with regret that I have taken the decision to stop running these leagues.

The last of the Challenge events will be held on 22nd June 2008.

There will be no judicial review process available for incidents in these final races.
#120 - Dru
Quote from Gentlefoot :Owing to the fact that gentlefoot.com has been unable to find a sponsor and because members refuse to donate even small amounts to cover the running costs of the servers and the web host it is with regret that I have taken the decision to stop running these leagues.

The last of the Challenge events will be held on 22nd June 2008.

There will be no judicial review process available for incidents in these final races.

This is a shame indeed... any chance that the community (not necessarily the members) can help you out at all?

For instance - what are you needing?

A server and some webhosting?
Quote from Dru :This is a shame indeed... any chance that the community (not necessarily the members) can help you out at all?

For instance - what are you needing?

A server and some webhosting?

Its not the server or webhosting that is the issue although I do have huge bandwidth and disk space requirements with all the judicial review and videos and stuff.

I have had large numbers of offers for servers and hosting which is nice nevertheless

The issue is the 10-20 hours per week I was spending on running the events.

Anyway, there is a plan to move forward now and you can read all about it in the gentlefoot.com forum if you wish.
#122 - Dru
Quote from Gentlefoot :Its not the server or webhosting that is the issue although I do have huge bandwidth and disk space requirements with all the judicial review and videos and stuff.

I have had large numbers of offers for servers and hosting which is nice nevertheless

The issue is the 10-20 hours per week I was spending on running the events.

Anyway, there is a plan to move forward now and you can read all about it in the gentlefoot.com forum if you wish.

Ah ok - well thats fair enuff - its just your post said due to money, lack of sponse etc etc that you were closing - not cause its requires 10 hours plus of your time a week - I can understand that reasonin a heart beat.

GL m8 and I'll come and popo by the forum to have a butchers.

Regards,

Dru

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG