The online racing simulator
UK VX220 Project Thread :)
well i had it less than 24hours and the radiator blew up, common problem apparently, but ive sourced a replacement and will be fixed very shortley.
so since it has been in the garage,

i have managed to
drill out pre-cat (very restrictive)
cold airfeed to airbox
painted front calipers, need to do the rears yet.
and gave her a good long polish

here are some pics.

and finally, got her ready for bed .. lol aaaaahh

Vauxhall VX220, one of my fav roadsters . Nice one man
Nice motah Chris.

Always quite liked them. Enjoy.
Not a good start to your ownership, rad blowing the first day. I like those things, so I hope you have better days in future

Why'd you paint the calipers though? Never understood that one, your brakes are what they are, painting 'em won't change their brand or performance , although even worse is painted drum brakes behind stupidly oversized wheels on a punto or something
Quote from sinbad :Not a good start to your ownership, rad blowing the first day. I like those things, so I hope you have better days in future

Why'd you paint the calipers though? Never understood that one, your brakes are what they are, painting 'em won't change their brand or performance , although even worse is painted drum brakes behind stupidly oversized wheels on a punto or something

well they are AP Racing discs,

and they are just black horrible bear metal at the moment..

so red goes with the car i guess, i just wanted it to look abit smarter.

here is a pic
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/2592/dscf6162.jpg
Nice car, Chris! Does it feel better than the Punto?
I'm not sure if you noticed, but someone has stolen your headlights. :o
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I'm not sure if you noticed, but someone has stolen your headlights. :o

I lol'd.

Nice motor Chris. Have fun
Nice car, Have fun with it
Are you going to respray the wheels too? To get rid of that horrible spot in the last pic.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Are you going to respray the wheels too? To get rid of that horrible spot in the last pic.

yea, my plans are..

refurb wheels like a dark anthracite (sp) or black
paint front grill black
paint window surround black
ger turbo rear spoiler
get turbo front splitters

then after a year or two

get a supercharger
I'm planning on respraying a few parts too. But I'm a bit scared to do it wrong. I'm planning on respraying the door handles, roof rails, my new grill needs a respray (it's black ) and now I'm thinking of respraying the wheels also to dark grey, or maybe a nicer silver.
Is that the turbo one?

I drove the non turbo one around a track before in the wet, a little too understeery but once you bury the throttle the back will come round
Mondello Park now has a few less brake marker boards...
its the n/a version, but you can go to TMS and get a full GEO setup which will remove that understeer, its only apparent in the wet i might add, on a dry day you dont get any understeer unless you really turn hard and are going quite fast.

one thing that is wrong about the car, lotus who designed the chassis of the vx designed the front wheels to be 16's, but vaux in all their wisdom decided it would look better on 17's. and as such you tend to get slight understeer.
sgt. flippy..

just a quick tip, if you are spraying in a garage the garage is going to be cold, so when you get the spray can (assuming thats what you are going to use) put a lighter below the can for about 30 seconds,

this increses the pressure in the can and gives it a far better spray patturn, you will notice it moe when you are running out of spray, you will get blobs of paint dripping onto your hands.
Quote from R3DMAN :just a quick tip, if you are spraying in a garage the garage is going to be cold, so when you get the spray can (assuming thats what you are going to use) put a lighter below the car for about 30 seconds

I think you meant "CAN" lol!!
I thought it was going to be yellow? That looks better though.

Good luck with it, stay safe.
Quote from R3DMAN :put a lighter below the can for about 30 seconds,

That is a bad idea, never heat up the can with direct heat, if anything place it in warm (not boiling) water for a bit as it is slight safer.
I'm planning on doing it on a warmer day than it currently is, as soon as I get my allowance. I have so many things to pay currently, I just can't afford to buy all the spray cans (primer, coating, varnish). And I think it's more suitable in the summer because then I don't have to use my car this much (I don't wanna take the handles off and then need to go somewhere , although I should first find out how to take the handles off :really. The interior is going to be sprayed too, but I don't wanna drive around withouth the dash... Although that's not really that much of a problem. My biggest worry at this moment is... Will the colour be the same? My car was resprayed by the previous owner, it was blue, now it's silver, and apparantly this silver exists in 4 types, but I can't possibly know which one.

P.S. I agree that putting a lighter under the can isn't the best idea. I'll just see how it works out, I have two dashes, so I can have some fun with it
Flippy, do you have a Mk4 Fiesta? If it's the Zetec with the 4-spoke alloys, it's probably Moondust Silver.
No Viper V10 engine = fail.
Quote from TiJay :Flippy, do you have a Mk4 Fiesta? If it's the Zetec with the 4-spoke alloys, it's probably Moondust Silver.

It's a diesel, it's Moondust Silver, but there are still 4 different kinds of it. And because it's resprayed by someone unknown, I can't find out which of the colours it is. But I don't think the little difference in colour those will have, will be noticable on the grill and door handles.

Do you have/had this fiesta too? In that case maybe you can explain to me how to remove the handles?
Finally, some propper fixed pics !
new radiator, full ali racespec one

then new bulbs

then some normal pics, cars abit dirty tho

A bit dirty? You should see the state of my car....

Nice car though. Looks like you are going to look after it well and enjoy it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG