The online racing simulator
More Cars For Dem Racers
(91 posts, started )
More Cars For Dem Racers
Before i start i just wanna say that im not trying to be tight pocketed or anything its just that when you gotta go to school then work you dont have a choice on how to spend your money

anyways i think demo racers should have atleast 1 reasonably fsast car cause at the moment the xr is the fastest and it only do's 149 mph

thoughts guys ??
#2 - wark
You're lucky the demo isn't 10 minutes in one car on one track.

We're unlucky demo users can post "improvement" suggestions.
#3 - CSU1
I think you're off yer rocker Irishnoob
Those cars demonstrate the sim really well. If you don't like it enough to buy it after playing that demo then you wouldn't want more cars.
Quote from theirishnoob :anyways i think demo racers should have atleast 1 reasonably fsast car cause at the moment the xr is the fastest and it only do's 149 mph

Only?

Some of the best racing on the whole of lfs comes from the TBO cars aka XRT FXO RB4.

the GTR's dont really go above 150 unless on a long wide open track anyway.

but its more about how fast you go through the corners and your lines, thats how you get good racing.

And after reading what i put. if you still want faster cars you would Buy. BUY the game.
#6 - joen
Quote from theirishnoob :its just that when you gotta go to school then work you dont have a choice on how to spend your money

Why wouldn't you have a choice on how to spend your money?
Do you you mean go to school and go work after that or do you mean you can't work because you're in school?
Anyway, there's lots of possibilities to earn some money and time shouldn't be a problem since you obviously have time to play LFS
The demo is fine the way it is imo, and this discussion has been held so many times already.
YES PLEASE, how about not only +10 more cars for demo, but also a few new tracks for it, and automatic skin downloading, and a free G25 to everyone who posts a suggestion like that here!

P.S: I already suggested to ban demo racers from "improvement suggestions" before
Quote from squidhead :
P.S: I already suggested to ban demo racers from "improvement suggestions" before

Err... no. That goes against the whole business model of LFS. The three cars are enough to get a taster of the physics.

Also, speed is essentially irrelevant, racing is fun, not driving a fast car. Some of the best racing can be found in the UF1 and you don't even have a car that slow in the demo.
Quote from Bob Smith :Err... no. That goes against the whole business model of LFS. The three cars are enough to get a taster of the physics.

Also, speed is essentially irrelevant, racing is fun, not driving a fast car. Some of the best racing can be found in the UF1 and you don't even have a car that slow in the demo.

agreed. when i did alot of racing in UF1 to get a licence for the STCC server, it was some of the best racing iv ever had.

If i created the game for the demo id of only enabled 2 cars for the demo.

Where as the demo has 3 cars. and even a bonus of a Turbo car !
Quote from squidhead :YES PLEASE, how about not only +10 more cars for demo, but also a few new tracks for it, and automatic skin downloading, and a free G25 to everyone who posts a suggestion like that here!

Quote from wark : You're lucky the demo isn't 10 minutes in one car on one track.

We're unlucky demo users can post "improvement" suggestions.

You guys are idiots.

And no, we don't need more cars.

So buy the game or don't complain.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :You guys are idiots.

Great observation

P.S: I already suggested to ban demo racers from "improvement suggestions" before, maybe we should consider it to be worthy of thinking about it?
NO .

Now, can we find a moderator who can close this nonsense...
Only thing that isn't so great isn't being able to have 16 cars on grid, or not having 24 connections and 12 on track at once.

If that were done then it I wouldn't really need so much out of a demo.
Quote from GTR_Yuni :Only thing that isn't so great isn't being able to have 16 cars on grid, or not having 24 connections and 12 on track at once.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
How come that Demo racers get free updates to physic,graphics and other improvements and still moaning.Show me any other games which offer that for demo the same way as LFS.

LFS had only 3 cars at start(before S1 and S2) and I never missed fastest cars.Its about the great physic and online code LFS having.

I know that.when something is for free people are always unhappy they dont get it right etc.Pretty old story.
It's just the way the devs are?
Quote from squidhead :

Because they are less people then us - S1/S2 licences holders?Come on...these people are like me or you with great ideas as well.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Because they are less people then us - S1/S2 licences holders?Come on...these people are like me or you with great ideas as well.

+1 to that Devil!
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Because they are less people then us - S1/S2 licences holders?Come on...these people are like me or you with great ideas as well.

simply because I have seen about 4 good improvement suggestions from a demo racer in my time here, all the others want
A) More cars
B) More tracks
C) Neons, Bodykits, Spoilers, Spinners
D) other unneeded stuff...like drift mod or something like that

Quote from DEVIL 007 :How come that Demo racers get free updates to physic,graphics and other improvements and still moaning.

those who buy LFS usually dont moan that much, and understand why demo is demo and S2 is S2

NOW PLEASE SOMEONE CLOSE THIS THREAD
Quote from theirishnoob :Before i start i just wanna say that im not trying to be tight pocketed or anything its just that when you gotta go to school then work you dont have a choice on how to spend your money

anyways i think demo racers should have atleast 1 reasonably fsast car cause at the moment the xr is the fastest and it only do's 149 mph

thoughts guys ??

buy ur self a box of fags each morning befor school, sell them for 50 p each well that was the going rate while i was at school (4 years ago) surely they gotta be worth £1 each now you'll be ricj in no time
#22 - Jakg
Quote from GTR_Yuni :If that were done then it I wouldn't really need so much out of a demo.

the whole point is NOT to enjoy and be content wth the demo, but to go on and be spured on into buying the damn game
Quote from GTR_Yuni :Only thing that isn't so great isn't being able to have 16 cars on grid, or not having 24 connections and 12 on track at once.

in the in the most recent test release, 28 cars are allowed ontrack and 48 people total. 20 AI are allowed to be ontrack...

demo racers are lucky to have 3 cars, and a track. Most demos dont even let you play online and only give you one car.
Quote from theirishnoob :Before i start i just wanna say that im not trying to be tight pocketed or anything its just that when you gotta go to school then work you dont have a choice on how to spend your money

thoughts guys ??

Kids say the darnedest things!
Mods, could you please immediately lock any thread that suggests either less or more features for demo users? Suggestions like these have little to do with improving the sim, they're only questioning the business decision that the devs made about the limitations of the demo version.

Besides, these threads only lead to ranting about "cheapskate" demo users vs. "elitistic" S2 users. Nothing improves, only the atmosphere is fouled.

More Cars For Dem Racers
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG