The online racing simulator
More Cars For Dem Racers
(91 posts, started )
Squidhead: perhaps we should ban everybody that makes ultra sarcastic posts which lower the tone? I think the OP contributed more with his first post in this thread than you did with yours.
Quote from sinbad :perhaps we should ban everybody that makes ultra sarcastic posts which lower the tone?

:eek:

:wave2:
Lets go one step further, ban everyone who posts

Also, have it autoban when people post.
Quote from Renku :NO .

Now, can we find a moderator who can close this nonsense...

I'll get backup

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, THIS IS SPAM :bewarespa :spam:
Quote from Urban_Eagle1 :But some things may come from the fact that on Demo you only find drift servers and barely any people who are into racing.

That's because all people who are seriously into racing and not just dicking around sooner or later buy S2.
was a demo player for more then a year myself and had the same thoughts, like more cars and at least 1 more track. But after getting the licence, i was convinced that the way the devs selected the demo content is the right way. You get a preview which is in fact pretty small but if you like this already then you'll love the full game!

Its totally worth the effort & money. And now get a licence!
what bothers ME is seeing demo racers here with registration dates from 2005 and such.
Just stop being a tight-ass and buy the game
I don't want to give more stuff for demo players but the devs should have revised the car and track selection long time ago... I mean it does not really represent S2. XFG, XRG and XRT with BL GP has been there for how many years? Since the first public release ever?
Quote from DEVIL 007 :How come that Demo racers get free updates to physic,graphics and other improvements and still moaning.Show me any other games which offer that for demo the same way as LFS.

Quote from deggis :I don't want to give more stuff for demo players but the devs should have revised the car and track selection long time ago... I mean it does not really represent S2.

IMO it doesn't need to. Demo represents the physics engine (plus graphics, sounds, gameplay, etc..), and those who like it, can very well imagine what's it like with the faster cars.
Quote from theirishnoob :More Cars For Dem Racers

/slap

Right, constructive now.

The only reason to add a new car to the demo would be to show off another class. But I would only recommend this at the expense of a car that's already available, since the demo already has a generous selection of cars and technically 4 tracks.

So (example 1) you say remove the XRT and stick in the FOX as an open wheeler. But the flipside of that is the FOX is a very popular car, so it takes away one reason to buy S2. And the demo drifters complain that their best car has been taken away.

So (example 2) you remove the XRG and put in the FO8 as an open wheeler. FO8 is a challenging car to drive, but the chances are that any patient enough to bother to learn to drive it will buy the S2 license anyway. The other will bitch that they can't stop spinning off the grid. And you also have removed a perfectly class balanced XFG alternative.

So (example 3) you remove the XFG and put in any other S2 car. Well you just screwed over all your keyboard drivers who want to get moving out of the box. Without a bit of tweaking, they will spin even the XRG on corner exit (I know, I've been there). And like the second point, the XFG is perfectly balanced against the XRG, so fans of FWD over RWD would have nothing to drive in the demo, and therefor probably wouldn't buy a license without a decent example.

I have other examples, but they all follow a similar theme.
Quote from N00d735 :The Licensed guys are right . The point is that the demo is a DEMO. this means that you only get partial content of the game, so if you dont like it you should just shell out and get the full version and then see where the licensed guys are coming from.

Some of the other racing demos that I have played in recent years seem to be giving the "less is more" approach while LFS still has the same racing that we all know and love.

that's a great point and despite having s2 i still go back and race on blackwood with the xfg

p.s see all the s2 people, they mostly looked and played the demo and thought, this great i want to buy it
LFS was my first online purchase, was a big step
I payed for it with my allowance I get monthly, just stop spending so much on other stuff, save a bit. If you don't get allowance, try to work for it.
Quote from Dajmin :/slap

Right, constructive now.

The only reason to add a new car to the demo would be to show off another class. But I would only recommend this at the expense of a car that's already available, since the demo already has a generous selection of cars and technically 4 tracks.

So (example 1) you say remove the XRT and stick in the FOX as an open wheeler. But the flipside of that is the FOX is a very popular car, so it takes away one reason to buy S2. And the demo drifters complain that their best car has been taken away.

So (example 2) you remove the XRG and put in the FO8 as an open wheeler. FO8 is a challenging car to drive, but the chances are that any patient enough to bother to learn to drive it will buy the S2 license anyway. The other will bitch that they can't stop spinning off the grid. And you also have removed a perfectly class balanced XFG alternative.

So (example 3) you remove the XFG and put in any other S2 car. Well you just screwed over all your keyboard drivers who want to get moving out of the box. Without a bit of tweaking, they will spin even the XRG on corner exit (I know, I've been there). And like the second point, the XFG is perfectly balanced against the XRG, so fans of FWD over RWD would have nothing to drive in the demo, and therefor probably wouldn't buy a license without a decent example.

I have other examples, but they all follow a similar theme.

The demo is not made for keyboard players and it's not supposed to be a drifting sim.
It's not designed for keyboard players, but every PC needs a keyboard to start, it doesn't need a wheel, so guess which one you're most likely to be seen by first? I hadn't done any sim racing before LFS, so I didn't have a wheel. I was brought up on digital controllers and LFS was the first one I ever had problems with. The RWD cars just don't like going straight from 0 to 100% power. Which I accepted as realistic and kept to the XFG. Without it I'd have quit and the developers wouldn't have my money. I'm sure there are others in the same boat. I got my wheel not long after LFS though, because I couldn't live without one

Likewise, it may not be a drift sim, but they are a large part of the community. You only need to check the number of servers and discussions on the forums here to know that. Movies and TV are bringing new drifters in all the time, and if you exclude them you lose a lot of sales.

So you can deny they existin, hope they go away or spit in their faces, but these people are around, and they're potential customers. If they get on with what you give them, they'll want more. This is why people are asking for more demo content.

The point is the cheap buggers need to actually stump up the cash. Why ask for more when you've not experienced everything already there?
When I first found out about LFS I didn't have a wheel either, it was broken. So I didn't want to buy it because LFS was crap. After I repaired my non-ffb thrustmaster wheel, I remembered LFS and tried it again. It was way better, but I still wasn't satisfied. So once I bought LFS, I also got a DFP, or the other way around, doesn't really matter, it just shows that you need to make some expenses to really fully enjoy LFS.
For the love of God, it's a DEMONSTRATION!

I mean, if someone offered you a free sample of food in the street you wouldn't say "That was tasty, but I fancy a full meal, and don't use shitty ingredients, I want the best" would you?

I don't care how little money you say you have, if you want more you'll have to save up and buy the game. How do you think all of us ended up licensed? I didn't have much spare cash when I joined, but I managed it eventually.
#44 - Gunn
I sold the family labrador to a crab fisherman so that I could afford to buy LFS. I sure do miss Munchie sometimes, but when I find myself getting melancholy I just whip out an FZR for a few fast laps around South City and my universe is at peace again.

:spike:
1. Go look what "demo" or "demonstration" means in a dictionnary.
2. All of these threads are quite pointless; we've never heard of anything from the devs saying they'd put more stuff on demo.
Irishnoob, it's not really my business, but would you mind giving a brief summary of your assets and how you spent the last, say, 1000 UKP worth of income you received? If it all went on food and shelter, then sure, I have some sympathy for you, but somehow I'm guessing it didn't.
[spam]
Improve your health and make money at the same time! Use this secret method available for only $9.99 (plus $55.00 s&h)!

When you go up to that vending machine to get yourself that soda and snack, say "hmm maybe later" and stick that change in a jar labeled S2! Repeat 50 times and voila, you've got it! Please don't pass this proprietary information to anyone who doesn't have the secret license! Oh, and no ice cream! (mmm I'm having some right now)

100% guaranteed! Or your money back.

Maybe.

[/spam]
Whuh? Eh? Saving money by not spending it? You, sir, are a genius. I salute you.
We're lucky we have to save the money only once though. Imagine what it would be like if LFS charged monthly fees, like world of warcraft; the world as we know it would come to an end!
Nah, the devs' world would come to an end as we left in droves and they went broke

More Cars For Dem Racers
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG