The online racing simulator
Buying S2 using Credit Card
(33 posts, started )
Hi everyone!

I live in Singapore and I wanted to buy an S2.

First of all, anyone who bought S2 licence with Credit Card/Visa, can this thing be trusted? Cause, I'm using my mom's credit and I don't want anything stupid to happen. Secondly, are there any hidden charges or fees or transactions fees? Or do I only need to pay exactly 24 Pounds?

And how can I find out the Billing address of the Credit card?

And finally, will I live life as a happy person after the transactions and no scammers or unwanted things will crop up? =p

Thanks you guys!
Quote from ahmad0410 :Hi everyone!

I live in Singapore and I wanted to buy an S2.

First of all, anyone who bought S2 licence with Credit Card/Visa, can this thing be trusted? Cause, I'm using my mom's credit and I don't want anything stupid to happen. Secondly, are there any hidden charges or fees or transactions fees? Or do I only need to pay exactly 24 Pounds?

And finally, will I live life as a happy person after the transactions and no scammers or unwanted things will crop up? =p

Thanks you guys!

some questions i can answer

theres no hidden charges and if you buy it with moms credit card you get your s2 instant.
Now, I didn't use a credit card myself, but I can assure you that LFS is no scam, and that your money will be safe, as long as you buy it from the main site (liveforspeed.net). As far as I know, you'll pay exactly 24£ (or whatever amount of money equals 24£ in your currency at the current exchange rates ) - there's no extra tax or anything, as that is already included in the price.

So far we have about 50000 licensed users in LFS, and I don't know anyone who had serious problems with payment and wasn't immediately helped.
#4 - joen
Quote from ahmad0410 :Hi everyone!

Hi, welcome

Quote :
First of all, anyone who bought S2 licence with Credit Card/Visa, can this thing be trusted? Cause, I'm using my mom's credit and I don't want anything stupid to happen.

LFS can abolutely be trusted, not a single doubt in my mind about it.

Quote :Secondly, are there any hidden charges or fees or transactions fees? Or do I only need to pay exactly 24 Pounds?

Nope, you pay 24 pounds and you'll have S2, racing online is free. I don't know much about credit cards since I don't have one, but there won't be any transaction fees by the LFS team.

Quote :

After getting S2 you will be a very happy person, you'll be overcome by a feeling of satisfaction and your life will feel... complete.

You won't be harassed by spam or stuff like that, don't worry.
Have fun
completely safe, i used credit card, and no hidding fees or anything. all u get is s2, lotsa fun, great racing and alotta new friends
Quote from ahmad0410 :

Ask your Mum seems like the best idea. If she can't remember then it will be on a statement for that particular credit card.
Ok.. My friend who doesn't LFS but often buy things from the net say she does not trust this type of things. But I thing I'm gonna do it. =D

One problem though. The transactions asked for the card holder's name which is supposed to be on the card. My mom's card doesn't have her name on it. o.0? Only her card number. How am I suppose to enter under the name option? lol!! There's even no expiry date.

What's happening here?
That's very strange. What kind of card is it?
Quote from ahmad0410 :Ok.. My friend who doesn't LFS but often buy things from the net say she does not trust this type of things. But I thing I'm gonna do it. =D

One problem though. The transactions asked for the card holder's name which is supposed to be on the card. My mom's card doesn't have her name on it. o.0? Only her card number. How am I suppose to enter under the name option? lol!! There's even no expiry date.

What's happening here?

Hello,

Every real credit card must look something like these examples : http://www.visa-asia.com/ap/se ... elibrary/visa_cards.shtml or http://export.topproduct.nl/images/items/Mastercard.gif

It has a 20 digit card number, a cardholder name and expiry dates on the front. On the back there must be some printed numbers on the signature field.

If your mom's card does not look like this, then it probably is a regular cash card, not usable as a credit or debit card as such.

I don't know how easy it is for you to buy something via international bank transfer, but there is also a Japanese website where you could buy a voucher-code. This code you can use to upgrade your LFS account to S2 licensed.
http://liveforspeed.jpn.ch/
This Japanese website also is fully trustworthy
Ok. How stupid I am. lol.. the card is an ATM card. only to be used in a Automatic Teller Machine to transfer money.

Wow. that website is full of japanese characters. I can't read japanese.

So I don't think Im gonna get a licence.. =[
Use MoneyBookers then.

You just make a bank to bank transfer actually.
It takes a liitle longer than the credit card way (3-5 days) but it works just fine.

Many of us bought LFS this way
TBH I used to make hundreds of credit cards transactions a day in my old job, the bank system doesn't care how the name is spelt, or if it is even accurate. Just stick in something approximately right and it should work fine, so long as all the numbers are right.
No, read post #10.

He doesn't have a credit card after all, it's an ATM card.
(lol I have this one too, not good for the job )
In time everyone will have a card that's usable as well as your regular cash card and on the internet. But for now, mainly 'real' credit / debit cards will work.

Europe will be introduced with the new Maestro functionality within a year or two. Most of you already have a maestro logo on your cash card but it only works when your pin is required. Later it will be converted into something like a debit card - a credit card, but without the credit part. All your transactions will be deducted from your account straight away, whether you use your pin, or use it online.
I have no worries about buying LFS with a credit card, certainly from the UK anyway. The only thing that I could think that may make it insecure is buying from a different country!

Fun racing
Ok. I asked my friend who have a credit card to buy for me. Can you guys list the way for him to purchase S2 licence for me? The easiest and best way. Something called voucher or something?.. and tell me whats the procedure..

Thanks!
#17 - joen
Quote from ahmad0410 :Ok. I asked my friend who have a credit card to buy for me. Can you guys list the way for him to purchase S2 licence for me? The easiest and best way. Something called voucher or something?.. and tell me whats the procedure..

Thanks!

Just start from here, it's quite self-explanatory really

https://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=shop2&o=6
For your friend to be able to buy you a voucher code, he must create an account on our website first. Then he can buy you a voucher code. He will receive this code immediately after he bought it, so he can give it to you. You can then in turn use the voucher code on your status page https://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=viewstatus

(or he can just login with your account and buy a license for it directly)
bought mine via credit card, no problems and i had no real doubt about lfs being secure as its used all across the world and would have to be reliable orelse no-one would buy it and would no longer be available
Ahmad, as long as you performed the purchase at the main site: www.liveforspeed.net , it is safe and there's no extra charges.

I've done mine 3 years back using my mom's credit card as well, I'm from Malaysia btw.
Quote from Victor :In time everyone will have a card that's usable as well as your regular cash card and on the internet. But for now, mainly 'real' credit / debit cards will work.

Europe will be introduced with the new Maestro functionality within a year or two. Most of you already have a maestro logo on your cash card but it only works when your pin is required. Later it will be converted into something like a debit card - a credit card, but without the credit part. All your transactions will be deducted from your account straight away, whether you use your pin, or use it online.

is this "Maestro" like Visa?
I remember buying my licence....<enter dreamy sequence>

It took me about 2 laps of Blackwood in the XFG in demo-land, to convince me to buy the real thing.

I used a credit card, it was quick and worked flawlessly. It's totally reliable and trustworthy.
Hello again!

I got my S2 licence thanks to my friend. Thanks goes out to you guys who've helped me!

Cheers!
Welcome to S2!
Welcome ahmad!

Quote from legoflamb :is this "Maestro" like Visa?

It's comparable with the debit cards of VISA (VISA Debit / Delta & VISA Electron).
Maestro is actually a sub-division of MasterCard and is their direct-debit branch, like the above two visa cards are to visa.

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG