The online racing simulator
Pretty nice broadband speedtester
(112 posts, started )

Supposed to be an 8/1 ADSL... no complaints about the ping though

ooh, fasty Even though pinging to the UK is wrong, seeing the kbps it says I get, is incorrect compared what I can DL from the UK.

That's a server that's a bit further away, still fast as hell.
latency:133ms
down:5696
up:376
wireless 18mb/s weak signal(normally around 48 but its beeing annoying my wireless crap )
Quote from Jakg :I give up with this thing, /me is blaming BT!

Check to see if your exchange has had any LLU going on, or any maintainance - we've had sites wtih similar problems. It's possible that something had gone arye. Either way, get in touch and poke 'em
Quote from Jakg :

Still fairly dissapointing, esp seeing as the Router says "ADSL Speed (DS/US) 2784/448 Kbps"

Now for the killer:
"Statistics Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 2784 Kbps 448 Kbps
Noise Margin 9.5 dB 19.0 dB
Line Attenuation 54.0 dB 28.5 dB
Output Power 17.6 dBm 12.1 dBm"

Jakg, is that a MaxDsl line?
If so (and looking at the stats it is) then a low sync incident will will be responsible for the low throughput.
Now the router is syncing at 2784 the BT profile will be updated within three days as long as the router stays synced at that speed.
The line attenuation is really only good for a 2mbit connection and all being well i would expect the connection to settle down around that mark.

MaxDSL is really a crap technology, especially for those on long lines (as that looks to be)....it only takes a quick low resync to bugger your speed up for days.

I suffered with that crap for months, luckily my ISP agreed to take me off MaxDSL and put me back on a fixed 2meg product, which has been rock solid ever since. Definitely worth enquiring about with the ISP.
Quote from The Moose :Jakg, is that a MaxDsl line?
If so (and looking at the stats it is) then a low sync incident will will be responsible for the low throughput.
Now the router is syncing at 2784 the BT profile will be updated within three days as long as the router stays synced at that speed.
The line attenuation is really only good for a 2mbit connection and all being well i would expect the connection to settle down around that mark.

MaxDSL is really a crap technology, especially for those on long lines (as that looks to be)....it only takes a quick low resync to bugger your speed up for days.

I suffered with that crap for months, luckily my ISP agreed to take me off MaxDSL and put me back on a fixed 2meg product, which has been rock solid ever since. Definitely worth enquiring about with the ISP.

Moose, I would say that it is a MAX service, due to the upload sync speed.

Using the checker at dslzoneuk.net, and putting a sync speed of 2Mbps with the attenuation and noise above, the results say that the line should be capable of 2-2.9 Mbps...pretty crappy really.

You can use http://speedtester.bt.com/ to find out the line profile, and what speeds you should be expecting.
Well i left the house, i hope it clears up but it might not - the speedtester from BT said i'm getting 120 KB/s which is what it thinks i should be
You're only 5 years late! Congratulations!
Obvious spambot is obvious.
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE : mobile ftw
Quote from nila123 :My internet speed results are :

upload speed:0.52 kbps
download speed:1.96 kbps

i check my internet speed from this site http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ , here it gives the best & accurate results for my internet speed test!!!!

That's 0,065 / 0,245 kB/s. Congratulations, I admire your patience with sending the post!

Pretty nice broadband speedtester
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG