hmm....

Watch this space
#30 - SamH
Blue Square, dood.. Blue Square!
Ok ok boys, the willy waving can stop now
#32 - SamH
Bahh! I wanna see what TAA can get when he tries! LOL
#33 - Jakg
Not yet Danowat, i hacked in and stopped all the pr0n downloads and...

#35 - SamH
Latency -11ms!? Woohoo!!!taht dah I fi sdrawkcab gnitsop eb d'I
#36 - Jakg
Edit? what edit? Information arrives before it's sent, so i see your posts before you do, Sam

All i have here is some microsoft pap for an image editor, gimme Photoshop any day
Quote from danowat :Nice edit Jak, looks (almost) real

So far Sam has the biggest schlong, lets see if TAA can "measure" up

Quote from SamH :Bahh! I wanna see what TAA can get when he tries! LOL

I win
http://www.speedtest.net/result/80550953.png

And yes, there are other things going on with that box right now - such as an FTP backup and websites being served as well. I *could* stop everything, but I really don't wanna do that right now and have to start the backup chunk again.
Blimey, just think of the amount of p0rn you could pull down with a connection like that.............
#39 - Jakg
Quote from the_angry_angel :I win
http://www.speedtest.net/result/80550953.png

And yes, there are other things going on with that box right now - such as an FTP backup and websites being served as well. I *could* stop everything, but I really don't wanna do that right now and have to start the backup chunk again.

omg your e-penis is almost as big as mine!
Couldn't care less about the speeds or comparing them, but was cool to se your data travell from all the way New Zealand and have one of those "woooaah" moments. It's just amazing, from the other side of earth to here in few seconds. It's everyday life but sometimes you need that kind of presentation to think about it, how did they managed 20 years ago?
Quote from Jakg :omg your e-penis is almost as big as mine!

When it comes to sysadmin's, theres nothing like a good willy wag to boost your already inflated ego
#42 - Jakg
that could be taken so badly when out of context!
Quote from danowat :Blimey, just think of the amount of p0rn you could pull down with a connection like that.............

You get a 100MB connection and the first thought is...
hmmmm tried this the other night and although i was getting 9.8 download i was barely getting 1 meg upload speed, how important is upload speed and is there anything i can do to speed it up?
#45 - JTbo
Quote from Krane :functionality < candy and it goes straight to the bin from me

You still got space in bin? I need to throw this chrome loaded nonsense there too
Quote from andybarsblade :hmmmm tried this the other night and although i was getting 9.8 download i was barely getting 1 meg upload speed, how important is upload speed and is there anything i can do to speed it up?

Depends what you're planning on doing with your line tbh. If you want to host things you ideally want it to be at half your download or equal. If you just want to use it for browsing, it doesn't matter.

If you want more, you pay more. Typically for home connections the download is always larger (upload is typically a 1/4 of your download). SDSL usually and above comes with equal uploads (and costs an arm and a leg).
#47 - SamH
Okay I concede to TAA .. I can't beat that without killing 12 LFS servers, 40 websites, a mailserver, 8 internet radio stations, an FTP server and the RDC connection I'm using to actually do the test over.. BUT.. I CAN pull 120000kbps off GigaNews over an extended download. That's our limit, though, because we only have a 100mbps NIC! LOL
Redbus

Bluesquare

DuoZ (Texas US) to uk server
Nearby: Germany. My upload really sucks!

There

Pretty nice broadband speedtester
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG