The online racing simulator
well sorry buddy but idk how to make good skins, what skinning efforts??? i never said omg its totally like the best skin ever, its just a normal mercedes skin for mercedes fans
Quote from Sponge :I wouldn't call a default skin with 7 or 8 decals on it a "skinning effort"... (sorry)

Now now now, why isnt it a skinning effort ?
How do you know spongebob what effort it cost him. Not nice of you. Speaking of skinning effort what are your efforts then.
I do see a lot of comment from you troughout this whole skinning thread but i missed apperiantly your skins .

@ HKS Erald : try to get a hold of a photoshop copy. Then you can get the masterskinnerz templates and start skinning. Go ahead then with skins, you will learn it. There several wayes to get hold of a copy be creative
Quote from HKS_ERALD :well sorry buddy but idk how to make good skins, what skinning efforts??? i never said omg its totally like the best skin ever, its just a normal mercedes skin for mercedes fans

Sorry.. didn't mean to offend you But I said it because if you look at like 95% of the other skins posted here, your's is like a 1minute job (although it may not be). But i'm trying to point out that it may be better to practise a bit before you start posting skins. Everybody has to start somewhere..

Quote from niels1 :Now now now, why isnt it a skinning effort ?
How do you know spongebob what effort it cost him. Not nice of you. Speaking of skinning effort what are your efforts then.
I do see a lot of comment from you troughout this whole skinning thread but i missed apperiantly your skins .

If may be, but (I think) because of lack of knowledge about the program he used.

And about my skins.. if you search a bit (or check my Google-page), you'll find I've made many skins already (with variable quality, but I'm still learning too). It's true I don't comment much, cos' I'd like to give my honest opinion witch many may not appreciate. But I think it's better to say someone's skin is crap or less of an effort then lying in they're faces that they're doing a good job.

And don't call me Spongebob.
I'm with sponge on this one. Why do people always get offended when they get some negative criticism I don't understand.

That mercedes skin is clearly a 2s job. There was no effort, no imagination, nothing in it. Just 3-4 terribly low res logos. It's not an excuse that you don't know how to skin, don't have the software, beginner etc etc etc. You can still try, noone's skins are perfect in the begining but at least people try to put some effort on it, try and make some shapes, put some colors, don't just copy paste one logo 5times. I know some pople like simple skins, but this can barely be called a skin.

I completely agree with Sponge, you should definitely put more effort into your work. Look around the forum here or Master Skinnerz, you will find a lot of guides, resources, tips etc which will definitely improve your work. You can also dedicate a thread for your first skin where you put considerable effort in, ask people for criticism, improvement suggestion etc, that's the only way to learn and to produce some quality work.
@ sponge oops sorry, i thought it was spongebob. Mine mistake. Also saw your skin. Looks oke.

@ pdanev : This has nothing to do with negative criticism. He didnt gave any hints to do otherwise. Critcism is about putting people down put putting them in the right direction. Without any pointers what is the use of his comment. I dont mind criticism, but like i said that was putting someone down.

And sure there are nicer skins around then that particular mercedes skin. But like i said you never know how much it cost him to do it. I am not critizing anybody but i think its rather ignorant to say it hasnt cost him any effort.

We all start skining somewhere. He starts with this and he is proud of it. So why not tell how he can do it different instead of putting him down.
Fact of the matter is though, the skin is sh*t, there is no denying that... Starting with poor placement of the decals, ridiculously enlarging some of them and ending with three that can't be found on any Merc... A 5-year-old could do better... And there is no effort in it whatsoever... If you aren't willing to learn things properly, don't bother starting with it, alright? Yes, I know that's not easy, but nothing in life is...

Can we now go back to skins, yes?
Quote from niels1 :@ sponge oops sorry, i thought it was spongebob. Mine mistake. Also saw your skin. Looks oke.

@ pdanev : This has nothing to do with negative criticism. He didnt gave any hints to do otherwise. Critcism is about putting people down put putting them in the right direction. Without any pointers what is the use of his comment. I dont mind criticism, but like i said that was putting someone down.

And sure there are nicer skins around then that particular mercedes skin. But like i said you never know how much it cost him to do it. I am not critizing anybody but i think its rather ignorant to say it hasnt cost him any effort.

We all start skining somewhere. He starts with this and he is proud of it. So why not tell how he can do it different instead of putting him down.

True, but he also didn't ask for comments or tips/hint.. (no excuse for me to not give'm, but hey...)
i didnt get offended...i dont get offended easy, its just a skin for mercedes lovers, i made skin cus i downloaded a mercedes interior so i wanted the whole car to match, im not a good skin makes, i use gimp and that program isnt easy to use, its so confusing, im gonna try to get a copy of photoshop of my friend. anyway it really was a 1 min job i just posted it here for any 1 else who wants it...this is a fxo forum after all isnt it?
Quote from HKS_ERALD :i didnt get offended...i dont get offended easy, its just a skin for mercedes lovers, i made skin cus i downloaded a mercedes interior so i wanted the whole car to match, im not a good skin makes, i use gimp and that program isnt easy to use, its so confusing, im gonna try to get a copy of photoshop of my friend. anyway it really was a 1 min job i just posted it here for any 1 else who wants it...this is a fxo forum after all isnt it?

Okey it is an FXO indeed Maybe for your next version, you could try maybe to put a Mercedes grill on it.. if done correct it should look ok (if not, it'll look crap:razz.

G/L
Quote from Sponge :Okey it is an FXO indeed Maybe for your next version, you could try maybe to put a Mercedes grill on it.. if done correct it should look ok (if not, it'll look crap:razz.

G/L

how u like...take a skin from google and put it on gimp?
Quote from HKS_ERALD :how u like...take a skin from google and put it on gimp?

Just find a nice (hi-res) pic of a Mercedes grill, and cut it out
-
FXR Red Bull (Enitsed) DELETED by Enitsed
took me whole afternoon, dunno if its worth it
Attached images
FXO_dinsterzz.jpg
Quote from kiss me :took me whole afternoon, dunno if its worth it

USE A BIGGER PICTURE I CANT SEE SHIT!
Quote from kiss me :took me whole afternoon, dunno if its worth it

It would worth it if it was 2048
well with what i started it thought it was 2048
ill redo it hi-res
ok, hi-res:
really makes a difference
its now 2048*2048

some minor adjustments
Attached images
FXO_dinsterzz.jpg
FXO NYPD Police Car
Here it is i got it from the nypd
Attached images
FXO_NYPDWhite.jpg
FXO_NYPDBlack.jpg
nypdwhite.JPG
nypdblack.JPG
Opel Calibra DTM.

One of my first skins so please give a feedback.
Attached images
FXR_Calibra_Him.jpg
calibra_show_80.jpg
Good job. I did one similar some time ago.
Attached images
fxrcalibradtm.jpg
Quote from himself :Opel Calibra DTM.

One of my first skins so please give a feedback.

nice! I like the tailight extentions!
Really nice The tail lights look relly good on it
Siemens DTM replica,

Thanks to vilante for the render.
Attached images
dtm_siemens.jpg
siemens_dtm.jpg
FXR_Siemens_Render_vilante.jpg
Very nice. That render shows it off amazingly!
Quote from beefyman666 :Very nice. That render shows it off amazingly!

Yeah i gotta say i'm more than happy with the render vilante did for me.
Evostar FXR

Remove *2048/1024* from file name, already uploaded to LFSW.
Attached images
FXR_EvoMonSpor 1024.jpg
FXR_EvoMonSpor 2048.jpg
wow, and I though I was the master of LFS branded skins...

FXO Skins (& GTR)
(2596 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG