The online racing simulator
New Years Resolutions
(40 posts, started )
New Years Resolutions
Ok ppl, what's your new year's resolution?

Mine is to stop messing around in public servers and do some organised events and clan races... ...and to finish all the DIY left on my flat (if I have enough time after racing).
#2 - Davo
1680x1050 couldn't help myself, I hate new years resolutions
all these newyear party's... its just another evening...
i promise to be good to my pc, check it for virusses and upgrade my main pc..
thats my planning for 2007
Pass my driving test and buy a car.
3 Monitors, all 3 at 1280x1024, on my new PC (that I'm buying), AMD 64 X2 5500+'s, SLI'd 8800GTX's.
i'm gonna aquire a computer that does more than 20fps. Seems easy, but i'll probably never get it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :3 Monitors, all 3 at 1280x1024, on my new PC (that I'm buying), AMD 64 X2 5500+'s, SLI'd 8800GTX's.

i can only buy 5000mhz!!!!
i want more tho!
and dual core, aint it just 1 processor?? or r u buying 2 new pc's? cuz u say ur buying it for 1
#8 - JTbo
I promise to even try to be bit more bastard :mischievo
Buy/rent a Ginetta GT4.
Buy appropriate kit (new helmet, HANS device etc).
Get race license.
Race the car I bought/hired.
Win a race with the car I bought/hired.

All of them have a high chance of not happening so I guess mine is to get back to normal weight and lose the fat!
My New Years resolution is to build me a gated shifter .

Hehe, no, that's not it. And don't tell me to buy a G25. Because my actual NY resolution is to pay off a loan I have (which will in the summer), and get one of the credit cards paid off. That's why I don't have G25 yet. I am finally going to get my finances straightened out this year so I can finally get with the rest of you and get off the dialup. No more diapers and baby formula and food to buy!!! Last year was to try to start breaking even, this year is to get myself ahead .

My other one, which is a financial burden as well, as all you smokers also know, is to quit chewing snuff, dip, smokeless tobacco, whatever you call it in your corner of the world. Nasty and filthy and it's one of those impossible feats to do. I will this year though.
I promised that I try to keep on my last year's promise
Quote from dawesdust_12 :3 Monitors, all 3 at 1280x1024, on my new PC (that I'm buying), AMD 64 X2 5500+'s, SLI'd 8800GTX's.

As much as I like AMD, they're really not the way to go these days, just FYI.
I know, the UKCT folks convinced me into Core2Duo, but the fun part, is by the time I get the 2000$, Core2Quad will be out.
Quote from Forbin :As much as I like AMD, they're really not the way to go these days, just FYI.

Why? I'd like to hear your reasoning.

On a technical level Intel may be slightly ahead at present but AMD (here in OZ) is usually cheaper for a similar speed feature list.

In the past they have both had momentary advantages but within 3 mths they bring out something to match each other.
Of course if money is no object then my comments dont really apply

Just my thoughts
ShannonN

P.S Happy New Year to All

3 Monitors! Bah!

7680x1200 :haha:

But I haven't figured out a good way to plug them all in - yet.
#16 - Davo
The reasoning is that even a measly C2D 6300 is as powerful as a X2 4400+ AMD and if you overclock it's faster than a FX60. Bang for buck, the C2D are very powerful. The E6400 is more poweful than a 5000+ and is cheaper too!
Getting back on topic, gonna cut down on what I'm eating, excercise more (have bought an excercise bench), get in shape, and get back into weights and bulk up a bit.

I start Tuesday.
my resolutions would be, get GT Legends and GTR2 (happening Tomorrow I hope) and to lose at least a stone in weight :P thats 14lbs to the americans oh and to pass my theory test so I'm ready for when I'm 17, and last but not least, study more... 2 years out of school doesnt do any good for your brain :banghead:
Mine would be to save up enuff money to buy a G25 and a new computer. I've been using this comp for SIX years... yet my dad dosent allow me to buy a new one. Sometimes i wish someone can help me smash my computer so that i have a valid excuse to buy a new comp.
ouch 6 years? this comp isn't my original, the only thing original from my first comp is the motherboard, other than that everything is "new". hope you get a new comp this year dude
My resolution is to get out of school in a decent way :P
And continue my educations :P
My resolution is to get back into shape, excercise, eat less, stop living off takeaways, that sort of thing.

This starts tomorrow of course, I'm still having trouble focusing on the screen after last night.
My New Years Resolution is to loose a bit of weight as Xmas has managed to put some on me but mainly to get fit and do some exercise reguraly every week. Ideally play some team sport.

#24 - Jakg
Quote from moeFinley :3 Monitors! Bah!

7680x1200 :haha:

But I haven't figured out a good way to plug them all in - yet.

done the same back when i had an SLi setup, although i had two monitors next to each other, and 2 separate other monitors
In 2007...
  1. I'll try not to hide my issues under a pile of work that keeps my mind away from the real stuff I need to work out.
  2. I'll try to keep my artistic integrity by releasing more sub-par punk metal.
  3. I'll share my home with two cats. This has been planned for two years already, but never had the courage to make the call.
That's about it. You think I'm able to pull those off?

New Years Resolutions
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG