The online racing simulator
TEST Patch U35 (obsolete)
(382 posts, closed, started )
please dont ban him, he was our second virgin for the vulcano.

i dont like seeing banning and he wasnt insistently insultive at a personal level. he ranted based on an opinion of the game not on an opinion of a user here.
please let him be the **** he wants to. freely. everyone can make up his own mind.
please unban him.

Quote from Scawen :OK one month ban for the idiot.

please calm down, you are better than that.
No, Kid, he went too far, you would have to read his other posts to see. It's not just what he said here on this thread. He has being getting increasingly personal with his insults and swearing more and more. He needs a break.

Obviously we do not ban people for criticisms of LFS. But personal attacks and swearing are going too far. The guy was on an ever increasing spiral of frustration, just causing bad feeling, not helping anything. That is not welcome around here.
Ok, understood, so i ask, when u or anyone else ban someone here, please add a short line stating its not just because of that thread (if thats the case obviously). Else everyone reading this will think its caused by this thread only, which if it was would look a tad rushed and a vulgar display of power.
Thanks for listening
Quote from KiDCoDEa :Else everyone reading this will think its caused by this thread only

I guess that's true... because most can't or want use the search function, so I guess it would be no different that most wouldn't investigate further if they thought something harsh for me if I see something that doesn't seem right I'll look up his profile and view all recent postings and do some searching around before I'd jump to any conclusions. But yes you are right alot do just make assumptions, but not everyone

BTW your posts always make me chuckle KiD as BWX said earlier they are so out of the square box they are halarious but always consise and to a point

It just occured to me that there is alot of kids on school holidays at the moment - not to mention alot of adults getting drunk for new year so it's not suprising that the forums are abit active
not that I necessarily agree with the whinging, but the ability of 'the fans' to blatently misunderstand / ignore what are fairly reasonable (if debatable) points always amazes me. LFS really hasn't gone very far this year - a physics patch with modest improvements to tyres, general useability tweaks, and different, still fairly ugly sounds. For some that enjoy it so much and see so much potential, that can be a little frustrating Not that hard to understand. The biggest change to LFS this (edit: last) year, for me, has been a half arsed 3rd party app written as a stopgap while another, supposedly better 3rd party app was developed - CSR. The other app has still not surfaced

It's Scawens baby and he can do what he likes with it - that won't stop people being disappointed. Sometimes the disappointment gets too much for them
Quote from Blowtus :(...) the ability of 'the fans' to blatently misunderstand / ignore what are fairly reasonable (if debatable) points always amazes me. LFS really hasn't gone very far this year (...) For some that enjoy it so much and see so much potential, that can be a little frustrating Not that hard to understand. (..) It's Scawens baby and he can do what he likes with it - that won't stop people being disappointed. Sometimes the disappointment gets too much for them

I completely agree with you on these points. I am also one of those ppl who are a little disappointed that LFS has not progressed any further in the past year. However, basing ones criticism of LFS on false assumptions is not only annoying but also harmful in a way that reasonable and debatable points are less likely to be recognized. Thus that kind of critcism does not help the progress of LFS in any way but quite the opposite.

And just for the record: I don't agree with seinfeld being banned from the forum. I read through some of his recent posts and must say that while his criticism was usually not very well substantiated, I've seen much worse posts from other users who were not banned. But that's just my opinion of course.
Guys, this is a thread to report serious problems with the test patch.

It's not a place to discuss the rate of progress of LFS, or the banning of members who want to use the forum as a place to insult the developers.

If you don't like the rate of progress of LFS, that is just tough luck. Go and use the other sim you like which progresses so much faster. No need to waste our time on this forum. There was no clause in the agreement, stating that LFS would progress at any particular rate. What we've said time and time again is that we work at the pace we want to work. If you like that, then stick around. If you don't like it, then go somewhere else.

The only valid criticisms around here are, criticisms of LFS itself, not the way we work or the pace at which LFS develops. That is totally invalid. The only thing you can do, if you want to make a point about LFS development rate, is produce a better sim, at a faster speed, yourself. Otherwise just accept it.

This is getting boring now. I'm going to close this thread. There is no test patch at the moment. I'll open a new thread when there is a new test patch.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch U35 (obsolete)
(382 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG