The online racing simulator
TEST Patch U35 (obsolete)
(382 posts, closed, started )
nice gift from the devs..

merry christmas to u to..

now keep patches coming as they did this week..

and soon we would have S4 and shitloads of more problems

hehe...
first of all 4 keeping the good work alive

2nd:MErry Christzmas and PARTY HARD INT0 teh NU YEAR

3rd: i totally agree /w biggie, especially in the fact, that the cars lost some audiocharacter and the pillow-sound/ muffling thingi

(to me, almost every car has an old vacuum cleaner sound (additional to engine/tiresound) and i somehow miss the turbo-ssssss in xrgtt, but this could be due to the bad soundsystem)

LET teh G00D T!M3S R0LL
Quote from Scawen :Patch V is available!

You can get it from our website or just use the auto-updater in your test version!

Thank you for all your help. I will now have a holiday and I will celebrate patch V with some champagne this evening!

Drink Drink Drink! You deserve to have a few bottles for all that hard work.

Quote from CHR20000 :LET teh G00D T!M3S R0LL

DAMN RIGHT!

cheers Scawen for the christmas pressie, it came early but its great! only pressie i will be getting too this christmas
Oh my god what the **** have you done to the great BF1 Sound?

Oh man I really hate the new sound (BF1, haven´t tried the other cars yet).
I know this thread is obsolete, but I still think this is the best place to finally put that video of a race-prepped Lancia Fulvia. Me driving (naturally) at Castle Combe (awesome track, done a few track days there).

http://www.reynard883.com/videos/fulvia_tristan.wmv

It'll take another 7 or 8 minutes to upload, and comes in at a hefty 28MB (5 minutes of driving). Please bear in mind this was before I discovered LFS, and I was a lot younger too, so my driving is a bit noob like at times. Plus I'd never driven anything this quick on a track before, so it took some recalibration.

As I said before, the camcorder auto-balanced itself for the interior, so anything outside is severely washed out and over-exposed. You can just about see an Integrale go past me, but that's about it, but I'm posting this for the sounds rather than the images.
Quote from tristancliffe :I know this thread is obsolete, but I still think this is the best place to finally put that video of a race-prepped Lancia Fulvia. Me driving (.

In the patch thread?
Quote from tristancliffe :I know this thread is obsolete, but I still think this is the best place to finally put that video of a race-prepped Lancia Fulvia. Me driving (naturally) at Castle Combe (awesome track, done a few track days there).

That sounds like a vacuum cleaner, and it gives me a headache. The gear whine is too high pitched, like an airplane. Doesn't even sound like a car TBH..
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :That sounds like a vacuum cleaner, and it gives me a headache. The gear whine is too high pitched, like an airplane.

i don't have my speakers turned on but are you comments about the engine noise or is he commentating STCC style while driving?
LOL, I did think saw his mouth moving...
Quote from tristancliffe :I know this thread is obsolete, but I still think this is the best place to finally put that video of a race-prepped Lancia Fulvia. Me driving (naturally) at Castle Combe (awesome track, done a few track days there).

It'll take another 7 or 8 minutes to upload, and comes in at a hefty 28MB (5 minutes of driving). Please bear in mind this was before I discovered LFS, and I was a lot younger too, so my driving is a bit noob like at times. Plus I'd never driven anything this quick on a track before, so it took some recalibration.

As I said before, the camcorder auto-balanced itself for the interior, so anything outside is severely washed out and over-exposed. You can just about see an Integrale go past me, but that's about it, but I'm posting this for the sounds rather than the images.

Awesome, Tristan, thanks for sharing that. I love watching your videos.

One question: Is the diff whine really as loud as it sounds there or is that a microphone placement thing perhaps? If it's a microphone thing, where was the mic?

Thanks. Looking forward to more vids of you running around in anything for sure
I agree with biggie and have something more... the BOV's are gone on street cars and are too low on race cars... I WANT THE BOV's BACK !

Great work BTW...
Quote from Dudles : BOV's are gone on street cars and are too low on race cars...

no.

BOV aren't gone, and you hardly hear them on normal street legal cars.
As for the race cars, they could be louder, I agree.
Lol Jeff - cheeky sod.

BXW - No, this inn't really relevant to the patch (nor the patch thread), as the patch has come and gone, and I was too late.

Todd - the camera was a normal camcorder, with the mic about an inch above and to the right of the lens. That noise is crazy - we thought there was something wrong with the gearbox/diff when we built it, so it got stripped several times to find 'the mistake', but there isn't one. Some gears, like 2nd, are noiser than others, and again we're not entirely sure why. They're all helical too!
Quote from herki :no.

BOV aren't gone, and you hardly hear them on normal street legal cars.
As for the race cars, they could be louder, I agree.

I think that BOV's should return equipping all the turbo cars...

Nice... But i don't see anything outside the car, it is all white.. Maybe it's something wrong with my monitor, codecs, or something...
try reading what he said
all in all, great work Scawen, THX ! keep it going !

merry christmas !!
Driving that fast in the fog is utterly ridiculous! You should be ashamed of yourself.
#321 - dev
Quote from Doorman :Driving that fast in the fog is utterly ridiculous! You should be ashamed of yourself.

:ices_rofl :ices_rofl :ices_rofl :ices_rofl
Thx's to the Devs for all thier work as usual, but i have to say, i think these new sounds are awful, and after many years of driving LFS, these sounds put me off from driving anymore for the first time..is there away to use the old ones?
Quote from Gopher04 :Thx's to the Devs for all thier work as usual, but i have to say, i think these new sounds are awful, and after many years of driving LFS, these sounds put me off from driving anymore for the first time..is there away to use the old ones?

You can just reinstal U30.

- I have to say... I REALLY want to like the new sound but I dont.
I dont know... - but there is something completly wrong with it.
It just doesnt feel right.

Car sounds like this...? ....no.

When Im watching a replay of GTR cars and close my eyes and only listen
to the sound, do I think big musculous modified racecars......?

...no.

Sounds more like small motorbikes or go-karts.
The big GTR cars really deserves more than this.

This puts me of and Im thinking seriously to go back to U30 untill this
hopefully gets done.

Maybe Scawen needs another person to do the sounds.
Quote from bo-kristiansen :
Maybe Scawen needs another person to do the sounds.

How very dare you!

I havn't driven all the cars post patch V however,
I think the sounds are coming along in the right direction

evryones ears and speakers/headphones are different and set at different levels eq ect , I think if we had sampled sounds people would complain more because ATM we have the best aural feedback from what the engine/drivetrain is actually doing at any given moment.

I think the sounds will continue to evolve as the sim does.

SD.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch U35 (obsolete)
(382 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG