The online racing simulator
TEST Patch U35 (obsolete)
(382 posts, closed, started )
Quote from mrodgers :Is there non-card specific equalizer programs out there to help play with sound? Or are they all part of the drivers? I have onboard and a Soundblaster Live! The options I have for adjusting sound on the card is very limited. Actually, the onboard sounds MUCH better as I get lots of interference and crackling when using the card. I am currently trying to adjust parameters, but it seems that, though I can change things in a parametric equalizer, they alway revert back to a box setting (ie, heavy metal, jazz, etc.) None of my adjustments take. The parametric feature would be great if I could isolate the frequency that's giving me the problem and get it to save and keep the settings.

Any suggestions on downloadable equalizers?

The "jazz" setting is not that bad with patch V sound.
-nice crancklings.

Yeah Its a well knowen fact that the Soundblaster Live EQ is having "hanging" problems.
-if you for ex. turn 1 meter to the top, then back to middle (zero) - then its still adding something to the sound.

I usualy flick between a couple of the preprogrammed settings by random
and then choose the "flat" last, to reset it.

...anyway... I've had it with V sounds, its getting really tiresome to
listen to a jet powered hoover for hours and hours when racing,
so Im now going back to U30.

U30 sounds are WAY better IMO.
over 50% have gone back to pre V now
I think thats writing on the wall really,

its quite sad that the devs didnt even ask the fans what we want out of this game in terms of features etc etc

as i said before im taking a break and wont be purchasing S3 unless its really mind blowing
and not just the fact its not going anywhere, every freaking server is just a drift server cause the phisics aint right, and people just want to fck around
Quote from seinfeld :its quite sad that the devs didnt even ask the fans what we want out of this game in terms of features etc etc

A large portion of LFS current features are there because of the developers listening to the ideas and thoughts of the LFS community, were do you get the idea to make statements like that I don't know illepall
I'd have to guess it's just because they haven't listened to you personally? Well you can't please all the people all of the time, at best you can only please a protion of the people some of the time

One thing I do agree with you being Aussie myself, is that in the servers closest to home are mostly filled with drifters. That's not LFS's fault though and is one of the reasons I mainly race on international servers... the other is I like the s1 cars the most
Quote from seinfeld :over 50% have gone back to pre V now
I think thats writing on the wall really,

Inventing statistics?

Quote from seinfeld :its quite sad that the devs didnt even ask the fans what we want out of this game in terms of features etc etc

Obviously you have a poor understanding about how LFS development works.

Quote from seinfeld :as i said before im taking a break and wont be purchasing S3 unless its really mind blowing

Good, I hope you do that because your posts are getting boring.
#355 - dev
2 Scawen: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Scawen, don't listen to him! "50%" is completely made up, i LOVE V sounds, keep up the good work, dont let some little troll spoil this great game!
Quote from Scawen :Inventing statistics?

Obviously you have a poor understanding about how LFS development works.

Good, I hope you do that because your posts are getting boring.

thats the type of attitude im talking about scawen, where did you post the sounds of the upcoming patch V to get the community's response? NOWHERE, you just did it and prob gave it to a few testers thats it, a lot of people want to see this game go further, but you are restricting yourself soo much this forum has unlimited potential to scout for people in different feilds your crazy and this game will never finish, the way you are going
cruel to be kind
in the last year the game has gone nowhere, I did buy it under the understanding it was a work in progress however I expect some results and a decent attitude from developers, im a game creator tester myself and would never treat or just release something without fans input first
the sounds are pathetically synthesised and are quite lazy scawen, arcade games for jeebus sake have real sounds and they are for noobs, get some guys together and start getting this game out of the 80s
Hey seinfeld did you miss the whole U32 to U36 test patches with the V sounds where he DID actually post the new sounds in the updates and take the feedback. He was actually very thankful for it and developed better sounds from OUR feedback.
Quote from seinfeld :bla! bla! assuming negative rant!

And I thought it was us poms that were supposed to be whingers lol

maybe a more constructive approach to posting rather than having a pop at the devs ?

write your own game?
or just go back to BF2 and pop back to LFS in the future?

Chill

SD.
Quote from seinfeld :where did you post the sounds of the upcoming patch V to get the community's response?

Thats so sad I can only laugh illepall Before you go around mouthing off like a hot shot perhaps use the search function? or maybe just open your eye's at the main index page! If you were more a part of the community you would have taken part in testing the sounds and sugesting improvements which you could have it wasn't a closed group , but I'm afraid from were I stand you just look like you got your head stuck up your ass sry as you say "cruel to be kind"

Loose the chip off your shoulder m8

Quote from SparkyDave :And I thought it was us poms that were supposed to be whingers lol

LOL I was going to say that but thought better of it
Quote from seinfeld :thats the type of attitude im talking about scawen, where did you post the sounds of the upcoming patch V to get the community's response? NOWHERE, you just did it and prob gave it to a few testers thats it, a lot of people want to see this game go further, but you are restricting yourself soo much this forum has unlimited potential to scout for people in different feilds your crazy and this game will never finish, the way you are going
cruel to be kind
in the last year the game has gone nowhere, I did buy it under the understanding it was a work in progress however I expect some results and a decent attitude from developers, im a game creator tester myself and would never treat or just release something without fans input first
the sounds are pathetically synthesised and are quite lazy scawen, arcade games for jeebus sake have real sounds and they are for noobs, get some guys together and start getting this game out of the 80s

I think you are missunderstanding a lot of things... illepall Anyway as as "game creator yourself" you should try to develope some kind of Racing Sim and try to make everybody happy on the way
they were in the patch forum yes, but lets not kid ourselves they arnt that ****ing different really , scawen and the devs talk about doing things properly and not half arsed, well honestly did they think these sounds would be fine for the next few years of lfs,oh come on... really just a waste of ****ing time and to keep the already getting frustrated people attached to lfs and a half arsed attempt it was,
stop fucing sucking up to the devs and pull the wool off your eyes, compared to gtr 2 and r factor sure the "phisics" are better and FF but the rest is all really just not going anywhere, i wont pay for S3 i just wont
ill keep an eye on lfs but for now its dropped to 70% in my book I wanted 95%(in terms of gameplay) (not completion) by end of the year,
Quote from seinfeld :they were in the patch forum yes, but lets not kid ourselves they arnt that ****ing different really , scawen and the devs talk about doing things properly and not half arsed, well honestly did they think these sounds would be fine for the next few years of lfs,oh come on... really just a waste of ****ing time and to keep the already getting frustrated people attached to lfs and a half arsed attempt it was,
stop fucing sucking up to the devs and pull the wool off your eyes, compared to gtr 2 and r factor sure the "phisics" are better and FF but the rest is all really just not going anywhere, i wont pay for S3 i just wont
ill keep an eye on lfs but for now its dropped to 70% in my book I wanted 95%(in terms of gameplay) (not completion) by end of the year,

Your more of a Michael Richards, than Sienfeld..illepall
course they sound bloody different! Are you deaf as well as stupid?
Quote from seinfeld :they were in the patch forum yes, but lets not kid ourselves they arnt that ****ing different really , scawen and the devs talk about doing things properly and not half arsed, well honestly did they think these sounds would be fine for the next few years of lfs,oh come on... really just a waste of ****ing time and to keep the already getting frustrated people attached to lfs and a half arsed attempt it was,

So if other people don't share your opinion on the progress of LFS then they are automatically sucking up to the devs? It IS possible that not everybody thinks the same as you.

And where did you see Scawen state that these sounds are final and fine for the next few years? Please point me to that post, because I am able to point you to a post saying quite the opposite. If you were really participating actively in this community you would know that the entire sound system has been rewritten in order to get better results in the future which wouldn't be possible using the old system. You are not obligated to participate, but if you choose not to then don't talk bullshit about things you clearly have no total clue about. Go play NFS ffs.

Sure there's nothing wrong with offering constructive criticism, but all I see you do around here is bitching and moaning about how the development of LFS is all wrong.

If it's such a ***ing waste of time then why don't you stop wasting your time here. You totally fail to see the difference in approach of LFS compared to other games/sims.

BTW what exactly have YOU done to the benefit of LFS if you're so full of knowledge about developing games? I've seen plenty of people offering good criticism and ideas, but you weren't one of them.

BTW: I'm eagerly awaiting the release of your game.

You really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Please try to read and *understand* the Test-patch threads and you might just find out that nobody ever said the current sounds were "fine for the next few years".

You are really annoying and might end up being the first person ever on my ignore-list.
OK one month ban for the idiot.
I'm looking forward to the LFS rival he produces in the next month, with perfect physics, sounds, netcode, millions of cars and tracks (all real and licenced), AI that can pass the Turing Test.... oh wait a minute...

No, I've just heard he won't be making one, as he's got a month of crying booked already. Maybe when the tears have dried perhaps...?
I can't understand why people moan so much....

I paid for s2 and since then I've spent every spare moment racing with LFS and loved every minute of it.

I've already had my moneys worth of excitement/fun/thrill whatever you want to call it.... and so have the people that moan all the time..... you tried the demo and bought an s2 license because of it.... so you have no right to moan about anything..... s2 has been improved since first alpha and it has cost you nothing more....

If s3 comes out and it's not what you wanted, then don't buy..... I certainly wont if it's not an improvement on what we currently have.

Although I'm sure it will be great

Thanks to Scawen, Eric and Victor for the last two years of thrills for a very bargain price and hope you all have a happy new year
Quote from Scawen :OK one month ban for the idiot.

You are kind, Scawen.....

If LFS was my baby I'd give him his money back and ban him forever
Now if I was to say, seinfeld, you sir are an idiot, it wouldn't cut it. Biggest understatement in the world. What a clot.

To say that LFS has not moved anywhere this year is a huge insult. Scawen has worked his ass off this year, especially with all the test patches. I think you're forgetting that there has been updates across almost every field this year. If I was Scawen, I would have banned you for 10 years.

As for the sounds, it's great that Scawen started working on them again. Especially so close to christmas. I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with the U32 sounds, but since then Scawen has worked like a machine, sometimes until 4 a.m., and for that he deserves some credit. IMO the current sounds are a huge improvement over U, and only 15 % of LFS'ers think they sound worse.
Quote from CharlieP :You are kind, Scawen.....

If LFS was my baby I'd give him his money back and ban him forever

X2.....I had a boss once, that told us to tell any customer we really didn't like; "here's your money back, now get the f*** out!" ....lol...good times
Quote from seinfeld :they were in the patch forum yes, but lets not kid ourselves they arnt that different really ...

Get your ears cleaned out, they sound way different. LFS is not about canned samples - which leave you feeling detached from the car.

Quote from seinfeld :compared to gtr 2 and r factor sure the "phisics" are better and FF but the rest is all really just not going anywhere...
ill keep an eye on lfs but for now its dropped to 70% in my book I wanted 95%(in terms of gameplay) (not completion) by end of the year

If you want the sounds and graphics of GTR2 or rfactor but don't like the FFB or phyisics then go make some mods for them, plenty of groups out there doing stuff like that already. Even some LFS's

What more do you want in gameplay? I think your missing what LFS is about... LFS is an online racing simulator - it creates a forum where people can meet online and have informal or formal races. It's not about career modes or driving the streets looking for trouble or even about racing offline it's an Online Racing Simulator. We the community make it what it is or isn't when it comes to content... the "gameplay" is already there you just can't see the wood for the tree's is all

I personally think the gameplay is fantastic, I go online regularly and meet up with people I have got to know and respect and have great races with them and some very interesting conversations on the side. It's a great community to be apart of, to me the forum LFS creates is a large portion of its sucess The game is what you make of it
@Bob: Evidence.

I don't like the Patch V sounds either. But after processing them with a software equalizer they are pretty good.
That means they can't be too far away from being good out of the box. All frequencies are there, elsewise I wouldn't be able to amplify them with the equalizer. Thus Scawen propably just needs to put some more time into it, comparing onboard (racecar) footage with LFS.

Vain
This thread is closed

TEST Patch U35 (obsolete)
(382 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG