The online racing simulator
new restart exe works fine here
Yay, now I don`t get headache in FZR and i even better hear the engine sounds, but still i feel like in a muffler hope it changes in some version, so it`ll be loud and roary
-
(Krane) DELETED by Krane
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
test U36 with altered 'restarter'
Just went from U35 to U36, with the altered restart.exe.
After updating LFS shuts down. A question pops up 'do you want to restart LFS'. After clicking 'yes', LFS restarts in full screen, same like it always does and has focus.

The new sounds are a great effort imo.
Quote from Winkel :Yay, now I don`t get headache in FZR and i even better hear the engine sounds, but still i feel like in a muffler hope it changes in some version, so it`ll be loud and roary

Glad to hear this. I just tried U35 last night and really like everything from my brief test drives in all the cars. FZR is my favorite and I wasn't pleased with it running last night. I wasn't going to comment as there has been plenty of "vacuum cleaner" and "headache" comments already. Can't wait till tonight now to check the FZR in U36.

Autoupdate: Just wanted to comment here about autoupdate. As everyone else knows I'm on dialup and wanted to say patch 33, 34, and 35 (all at once, 3.x mb) went VERY smooth and quick with the dialup last night. Even from the US to the UK. Nice job.
now the only thing i'd like to see is a slider in the options for something like "Main Volume".
Since the new patch i set up my own kind of volume settings...but sometimes i just want it louder or more quiet because of ventrilo in the background so like a General / Main Volume setting would be great so i dont have to set the volume settings all by their own again :-/
Quote from Belain :now the only thing i'd like to see is a slider in the options for something like "Main Volume".
Since the new patch i set up my own kind of volume settings...but sometimes i just want it louder or more quiet because of ventrilo in the background so like a General / Main Volume setting would be great so i dont have to set the volume settings all by their own again :-/

Just so you know - the "car volume" does affect all car volumes. It affects wind and skids as well. not just the engine.

The skid / wind / echo are all "boost" sliders (though not all translations say that). So they are only relative.

So, my point is, if you don't have music playing in LFS then you would only need to move the car and interface volume sliders.
Quote from tristancliffe :I just got that too - very odd.

Me too,

Plus the FZR sound in U36 is even worse, at 5000 to 6000rpm is starts to make an engine sound then it goes away to just the vacuum cleaner.
I still think the BF1 is a little off...

This is a video of a Renault V8:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7393939630149644203
And a Cosworth at 20k rpm:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=199407968723223473

Compare that to the attached .wma (in the .zip file), it becomes clear that the BF1 is lacking some of the sound of a F1 V8.

I wish LFS could have some of these sounds, if possible. Not in patch V but maybe in patch W or X (or whatever they'll be named later).
Attached files
bf1.zip - 299.3 KB - 245 views
Quote from Scawen :Just so you know - the "car volume" does affect all car volumes. It affects wind and skids as well. not just the engine.

The skid / wind / echo are all "boost" sliders (though not all translations say that). So they are only relative.

So, my point is, if you don't have music playing in LFS then you would only need to move the car and interface volume sliders.

alright then thank u very much...i think i was just to stupid to find that out myself illepall

keep up the good work!
Since U36 i am getting hanging going from single player, garage and other screens. The revolving car stops and everything hangs for about 10 seconds.

Also had a strange message when closing down.

"Connect 2 Closing" then "Connect 1 Closing"

I have also checked other car sounds and most have a Band of high sound at about 2/3 throttle with low volume after.
hi, is the master server offline?

couz since 18:10 i cant join s2 multiplayer

edit: restart system solved it (i guess)
All cars bar the FZR sound worse over here. I felt completely unimmersed. With U35 I could close my eyes and think "yeah, that sounds like a car on a track, pretty much." Now, when I do the same, I've no idea what's going on. I can't even put my finger on what's not right. If these are patch V sounds, I'll just go back to U35 I guess...

EDIT: I can't understand how and why people got headaches with U35, I think its down to sound equipment more than LFS and their equipment being unable to play the frequencies needed by LFS. So now I think there's a gap between 100 and 200Hz, making the sound unbearable on more high end equipment.
I just realized that what I was interpreting as distortion or popping in the BF1 is actually traction control which has a different/louder/harsher sound now.
Quote from Pakalulu :
The new sounds are a great effort imo.

Quote from birder :Me too,

Plus the FZR sound in U36 is even worse, at 5000 to 6000rpm is starts to make an engine sound then it goes away to just the vacuum cleaner.

Quote from axus : All cars bar the FZR sound worse over here. I felt completely unimmersed. With U35 I could close my eyes and think "yeah, that sounds like a car on a track, pretty much." Now, when I do the same, I've no idea what's going on. I can't even put my finger on what's not right. If these are patch V sounds, I'll just go back to U35 I guess...

I hear absolut no changes
how i cam found an activ key
the prog said wait 1 month for that
arghhhhhh !!!
Quote from axus : All cars bar the FZR sound worse over here. I felt completely unimmersed. With U35 I could close my eyes and think "yeah, that sounds like a car on a track, pretty much." Now, when I do the same, I've no idea what's going on. I can't even put my finger on what's not right. If these are patch V sounds, I'll just go back to U35 I guess...

Yeah. The sounds are somehow tamer and quieter. Probably because of the clipping "problem" some people had.
All cars except formulas and FZR give me headache at about 6800-7000RPM, where i hear the peak 'bass' sound. Only the FZR is correct for me because it is improved now... if all cars sounds were improved like the FZR was, it`ll be good[for my health no headaches :P]

Anyone else having the same problem?
Quote from Scawen :U36 update is online. Click list of games to get it.

get rid of some low frequency drone in some cars, and reduce the muffled effect and increase some high frequencies in all the cars.

Plz Scawen, this going in the right direction, but we need more of this, really let yourself go, the low frequenties now sound like an open intake, sausage filter kind of thing which is good, I like the higher frequenties, but plz amplify them more, the GTRs, LXes have no sound proofing, higher freqenties will resonate against all the sheet metal, the resonation will give more amplitude at specific frequenties, its all about making the sound less clean and as kidcodea indicates, screw all the clipping issues, we need clipping, if you go to a race with a full grid of LXes the same thing will happen to your ears, its natural.

I'm still having problems with the gearwhine repeating itself on the FXR FZR and XRR. I have a very decent senheiser headset so its not that. This really should be resolved.

Haven't done much testing, but from the first impressions I have to agree with this. U36 sounds worse than U35, IMO. (But not much.)
Just did the U36 autoupdate - everything is fine, but I wasn't asked if I wanted to restart LFS - it behaved just as the previous patches, went through the install and came back to LFS.

No problems, everything works fine. The slight increase in higher frequencies ( if that's what has occured) is better.

No clipping with the BF1.

Thanks to Scawen for excessive output over the last week !
Enjoy your well deserved Holiday break.
Quote from woolfen :how i cam found an activ key
the prog said wait 1 month for that
arghhhhhh !!!

Your solution for that problem is not in this thread

I can notice the small improvements. Autoupdate is working fine.
The more i play, the more i can see news sounds are great and are clearly the way to go forward. Great simulated sound. Not perfect, but time will tell.

To dev: Release patch V and enjoy you vacation. You deserve it.

Happy Christmas to all
What i would like to know is if Patch V will be a compatible patch with U30.
If yes, it's all good, i"ll keep using it till the sound gets where i think it's better.

If not...

ps: i've read all THIS thread and saw nothing abou it...
Quote from Meanie :What i would like to know is if Patch V will be a compatible patch with U30.

Yes, it will be compatible. As far as I know.

I think not all the work from U35 -> U36 is a complete step backwards btw. The clipping issue being resolved is obviously good and the new FZR sound file (assuming something's changed on the sound file) is probably better.

(SB Live!, Sennheiser HD-595 running straight from the sound card)
My framerate is now locked at 64fps when I have Vsync on and it should be locking at 70fps - It has only been doing this since U35...

Resolution = 1280x800 @ 70hz
This thread is closed

TEST Patch U35 (obsolete)
(382 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG