The online racing simulator

One last render before bed.i dont think i have it all quite lined up with the original scene, but hey, you get the point.

Getting the lights to not bleach out the paint was hard, till i found the right light to turn off
Quote from wheel4hummer :Could you imagine 42 noobs crashing, and then spamming 'soz' every 2 seconds on a 1/2mi track? OMG!

yes...
Quote from Blackout :Typically the car of choice has been the fastest available, which gets boring if you can keep your foot down for the whole race. Not even to mention the bad servers (no names) which gave the oval racing a bad name since the beginning.....

Quote from 510N3D :You have obviously no clue what you are talking about and you can consider yourself to the kind of persons i have described in my other post in this thread.

cant agree more on that one. Oval would be even more challenging and i also think that curcuit racers, especially those who likes to drive the BF1 will definitely benefit from that.

Quote from Fischfix :its comments like these that makes oval racing having his bad reputation in lfs. in every other racing game where you can race on ovals, the same rules applie there.

the problem with lfs and the oval is, we don't have a proper car. i am damn sure with a 800bhp stock car you would not be able to go flat out on kyoto oval (sure you would not brake into the turns because its a speedway and not a short track). you will need to lift into the turns, otherwise you loose your rear end and thats it. imo driving the fz5 through turn 3 is the closest you can get at the moment (but not because of the right car, its just the weight of the motor in the back) but its a close feeling when you loose the rear end. compared to other sims...

anyway, i see your points and your dislike of ovals but i don'T see any argument in there...

Blackout has a point about oval servers, but the decreasing reputation toward oval servers from the past, is still going on. IMO, the decrease in reputation is not from the shift+s crap, but from what cars the server uses. Most people that race on the oval now think that the fastest car is the best car for the oval (totally wrong). LFSCAR for example should be running fz5's or atleast tbo's. Then those servers that run the cars that are the most technologically advanced and basically have the most grip are just dumb imo. If you think aero physics are the main problem (it is a problem, but not the main one) then do you really think that you can race like nascar does at daytona and talledega with the F1's? You complain that we don't have a proper car, but what is the most proper car we have now?

Oh and Fischfix, if you could make it around the ky oval without braking in a stock car, then the devs did not make the car realistic.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :

Changed the skin, because i actually need some help from a skinner.
I'm gonna upload the tire skin here. Lets see who can make the Shinozooka racing slicks.

Shinozooka because they have thier logo on the billboards at the oval.

Also, who makes rims in LFS?

this car needs to be made in lfs s3.
I'm very disappointed to find LFS's oval racing less reliant on draft and aerodynamics.

Actually I think the problem is in LFS's caution structure. In other games there's actually a full caution with pace cars. Therefore a noob can crash, stay on the track (either totalled or trying to limp back to pit road) and it wouldn't snowball like it would in LFS because the field either comes to a complete stop or slows down to caution speed.

In LFS the yellow flag really doesn't mean too much. Even after someone crashes the drivers who are not involved still go full speed racing. That just spells disaster. Therefore the Shift+S rule has to be implemented.

There's another problem with people in LFS that race on ovals. When there's a giant pile up they always look for a scapegoat and kick the driver. Doesn't matter if it was an accident or just something unlucky. If there's a pile up or contact, they automatically assume it was intentional. This is really frustrating (i just got kicked again today). People dont realize that oval racing and road course racing are two different things
Quote from lizardfolk :Actually I think the problem is in LFS's caution structure. In other games there's actually a full caution with pace cars. Therefore a noob can crash, stay on the track (either totalled or trying to limp back to pit road) and it wouldn't snowball like it would in LFS because the field either comes to a complete stop or slows down to caution speed.

In LFS the yellow flag really doesn't mean too much. Even after someone crashes the drivers who are not involved still go full speed racing. That just spells disaster. Therefore the Shift+S rule has to be implemented.

Not really that much of a problem with the LFS caution, it is based on circuit racing after all. Yellow means there is a wrecked car ahead, slow down, take caution, and no passing. "drivers who are not involved still go full speed..." is the problem, not the yellow flag. Shift-S rules don't need to be implemented, properly following the yellow rules at the oval in LFS is what needs to be done.

Indeed, the yellow in LFS is completely wrong for this type of racing. Full course cautions are needed for the oval. The arrogant flame Nascar and oval racing for it, but when laptimes are in the 15 second range, the full course cautions are needed. The entire track is local in oval racing when talking about yellow flags in oval racing.
I think it would be a great addition to LFS. Not one other racing vehicle in the world takes more skill to drive quickly on a road circuit than a stock car, well, excluding racetrucks. 800bhp, on narrow 9 inch wide tyres? Have fun controlling that!

Cheers,
Matt.
Attatched is a layout, like the one made for the RB4 gtr before.
I wonder if the devs ever even look at this forum
Attached images
STOCK_XRS.jpg
They do, but the probally have a lot other thing to keep their eyes on for the moment
They have a competiotion going on, aswell as they allways tries to improve the game
Yeah, i know. If nothing else i can take the model and use it in rtractor.

tire behavior at high load with no downforce ought to be useful for fine tuning the tire engine and suspension engine. I guess i could have a go in patch V with the Tweak version on offer. Just tweaking an XRG up to the proper HP with the slicks of the right size ought to accomplish a good test since they would make the same downforce.
I made a NASCAR tweak a while ago. By the way, the diagram is saying 50f 50f not 50f 50r
meh, chalk that up to me not paying attention, you get the point its 50:50

And the XRS model i've been showing is built to specifications (with a couple allowances made for me not wanting to chop 2 models apart to get what i need) for NASCAR Sport Stock. I assume you made a Nextel Cup class car or something like it.

It's Important to understand the NASCAR equates to the FiA, and Nextel Cup equates to DTM.
NASCAR, like the FiA, is a sanctioning body, running many different leagues and divisions, of which Nextel Cup is the most popular.
It's not because you made the car that it will be in the game. Look at all the other model made by the community (RB4 GTR, RA GTR, ...). I think it's just a waste of time.

And adding oval track won't appent too. At least not for now. And it's a good thing.
Quote from MIDWINTER :lol i admit i was ignorant alot! but i asked nearly every1 i know who plays this game and not one of them said they would go on those servers unless they were relee bored or one of the more popular severs like cone dodgers or their own was down

I'd argue that that's because of the current state of oval racing in LFS, and that those people probably aren't taking into account smaller, tighter ovals and cars that are actually designed to run on them.

edit: whoa, hella redundant post. note to self: read entire thread before replying!
well now we might need some sprint cars or do we? :rolleyes:
+1 for sprint cars...

Who here played Mario Andretti's Racing Challenge?

DK
Quote from PMD9409 :Blackout has a point about oval servers, but the decreasing reputation toward oval servers from the past, is still going on. IMO, the decrease in reputation is not from the shift+s crap, but from what cars the server uses. Most people that race on the oval now think that the fastest car is the best car for the oval (totally wrong). LFSCAR for example should be running fz5's or atleast tbo's. Then those servers that run the cars that are the most technologically advanced and basically have the most grip are just dumb imo. If you think aero physics are the main problem (it is a problem, but not the main one) then do you really think that you can race like nascar does at daytona and talledega with the F1's? You complain that we don't have a proper car, but what is the most proper car we have now?

Oh and Fischfix, if you could make it around the ky oval without braking in a stock car, then the devs did not make the car realistic.

in fact i was thinking about the fz5 for using in lfscar, and when you ask some of my team members i encourage them for a fz5 oval-server. ask becky as well, we had a long discussion about this as well...

the problem with the FZ5 on the oval is,
1) you won't find enough people to run a series with it
2) you won't find enough people who run good races with it
3) the series would be down to: who can control the car the best way around the track (like circuit racing) and not who makes the best moves at the right time, who is able to draft well, who can work together with other people on track, who can make the right decisions when to pit and when to stay out.
4) xrt maybe would be a logical alternative and i can remember good races with xrt on the oval, close ones, nice ones. but at the end of the day, they are too slow. to run a 120 lap race, you would need 2 hours, without a caution. i am not sure even if you do have to pit at 120 laps with this kind of car. pit-strategy is also a basic thing in nascar which is barely reproduceable in lfs at the moment...

anyway, if owens car from above makes its way into LFS, i will promise to run the series with that one
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Attatched is a layout, like the one made for the RB4 gtr before.
I wonder if the devs ever even look at this forum

1 thing missing the small curved rear spoiler
i think in this class no wings were alowed, but it could have a COT trim. like in the uf1 where you can switch on/off the roof.
Quote from Fischfix :in fact i was thinking about the fz5 for using in lfscar, and when you ask some of my team members i encourage them for a fz5 oval-server. ask becky as well, we had a long discussion about this as well...

the problem with the FZ5 on the oval is,
1) you won't find enough people to run a series with it
2) you won't find enough people who run good races with it

Never know until you try.

Quote from Fischfix :
3) the series would be down to: who can control the car the best way around the track (like circuit racing) and not who makes the best moves at the right time, who is able to draft well, who can work together with other people on track, who can make the right decisions when to pit and when to stay out.

Well, I see what you mean about the pitting situation (maybe force everyone to do a pit stop?) and I dont see why you would count out all that other stuff.

Quote from Fischfix :
4) xrt maybe would be a logical alternative and i can remember good races with xrt on the oval, close ones, nice ones. but at the end of the day, they are too slow. to run a 120 lap race, you would need 2 hours, without a caution. i am not sure even if you do have to pit at 120 laps with this kind of car. pit-strategy is also a basic thing in nascar which is barely reproduceable in lfs at the moment...

anyway, if owens car from above makes its way into LFS, i will promise to run the series with that one

The xrt makes some of the best races there imo, and 150mph is not that slow. No need to run 120 laps (I myself would find that incredibly boring in a gtr) but a nice 50-70 laps would do. The tires don't last as long as the fuel does with this combo (tires only made it 108 laps for me, was bored one day:shy. The pitting is an issue but if you have a caution (most likely you would) then it would be interesting to see if someone does pit for new tires or if they ran half the amount of fuel to begin with because they were going to pit at some point. Anyways, I have done a couple long races with a group of people and at the end of the race (60 laps for example) we were still real close together and the wins ended with a last turn pass.
Fischfix is right, Sport Stock does not allow any spoilers
Quote from PMD9409 :....we were still real close together and the wins ended with a last turn pass.

At the moment with LFS, oval wins always happen with a last turn pass. If you are leading in T3, you are guaranteed to lose as the 2nd place car just drafts and passes in the final turn. LFS just isn't currently "right" for oval racing.
Quote from mrodgers :At the moment with LFS, oval wins always happen with a last turn pass. If you are leading in T3, you are guaranteed to lose as the 2nd place car just drafts and passes in the final turn. LFS just isn't currently "right" for oval racing.

That's not what I was refering to. I was just adding after a 60 lap race that it ended with a last turn pass. But yes that is true due to how LFS simulates the draft.
Quote from mrodgers : If you are leading in T3, you are guaranteed to lose as the 2nd place car just drafts and passes in the final turn. LFS just isn't currently "right" for oval racing.

I´m not really sure if that is true. If I am leading in T3 I can send the car behind into the right wall by cutting the draft at a special point so.. you CAN win
*cough*, please read my reply in this thread (link) and then you get quite an idea about whats going on at the oval, basically. I refuse to get any more into detail here because some people obviously spread just nonsense without even knowing it. This discussion will always be at the same poor level of quality since the "anti oval fraction" will never be able to create the amount of passion which is needed for a objectively judgement. Just in case they would eventually join a proper server, assumed they accept or understand this definition because the amount of "strange" rules that are beeing applied can be really annoying or illogically while ignoring the fact that they have been created for several important reasons, and give it go and not for just a couple of laps or races, which is actually the reason for the lack of knowledge. But that wont happen i guess since it would disprove almost 90% of their argumentation. I cant even imagine how the result would be without concrete rules on a oval server. Just in case you manage that on a public base with a better result then we have, please let me know. Im just happy that i have got the ability to make the best out of things even if they might not be 100% perfect or realistic. Positive ignorance so to speak

However, i had a good laugh while reading some of this stuff

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers

Stock Cars and Oval Tracks!
(245 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG