The online racing simulator
Quote from Fischfix :don'T forget about infineon, GP track in Canada and the track in Mexico. all circuit tracks...

infineon is sears point
I see, one of those "what did I say 7 months ago threads."

Well, I stand behind my words no matter how confusing the sentences might be.
Quote from mrodgers :Sorry to any others who would like to see oval/Nascar type racing in LFS. LFSn00b and BlakjeKaas don't like stockcars and ovals. So we'll never see this in LFS illepall .

Why many people in Euro don't like NASCAR?
+1.

Stock car/INDY and Oval fan.

Would love to see a bristol equivalent in LFS. Plus dont forget about the modified series.

Pic:

People is europe are pretty close minded about other forms of auto racing (they'd want "only road courses and rally, drag and ovals should all die.")

They wont even CONSIDER that ovals might be entertaining (close racing).illepall

Note that i'm not saying all europeans but a good majority of them i've met are like that
ok THIS is sick never seen a race with these modified, but HELL they look like fun )

is there a rFactor mod for it?
Quote from Fischfix :ok THIS is sick never seen a race with these modified, but HELL they look like fun )

They are very cool to watch, as they are raunchy and loud and very very quick.
atleast pick good tracks and cars to add, ovals are for people who cant drive or americans because they dont know the defenition on 'corner' propperly......let alone ever hearsd of a chicane, and nascars.......what other track could you use them on? atleast add cars to the game that have more than 1 use on 1 track.... i think that the basics of this idea are good but the car choice just wouldn't be fair, especialy to true racers who go round things called 'hairpins' or chiccanes i dont see a nascar getting around aston somehow.............

-1000......its not a suggestion or sensible update that 50% or more of lfs racers would enjoy....
Quote from MIDWINTER :atleast pick good tracks and cars to add, ovals are for people who cant drive or americans because they dont know the defenition on 'corner' propperly......let alone ever hearsd of a chicane, and nascars.......what other track could you use them on? atleast add cars to the game that have more than 1 use on 1 track.... i think that the basics of this idea are good but the car choice just wouldn't be fair, especialy to true racers who go round things called 'hairpins' or chiccanes i dont see a nascar getting around aston somehow.............

-1000......its not a suggestion or sensible update that 50% or more of lfs racers would enjoy....

Amazing...I don't even know what to say to that ignorant response...I'm glad all of us here are open minded racers who enjoy all things with wheels and power...

When I used to play NR2003 I used to downloads all kinds of non-oval tracks to race around and it was a blast...the cars didn't have much trouble either...a lot of opinions about this topic are just mis-conceptions which turn into 'troll' responses which bring nothing to the table...
Quote from MIDWINTER :atleast pick good tracks and cars to add, ovals are for people who cant drive or americans because they dont know the defenition on 'corner' propperly......let alone ever hearsd of a chicane, and nascars.......what other track could you use them on? atleast add cars to the game that have more than 1 use on 1 track.... i think that the basics of this idea are good but the car choice just wouldn't be fair, especialy to true racers who go round things called 'hairpins' or chiccanes i dont see a nascar getting around aston somehow.............

You driving that nascar apparently can't make it around aston, but someone that can drive as well as you can talk about something you don't know, can. A nascar is considered a stock car, but it's not the only stock car (for example click here). I have lost total respect for you and the 999 people that also supposedly think the same as you. You say a stock car has only one use, an oval. But, we don't have a proper oval car as it is, so why do we have an oval?

Try this, and reply back just how easy it is.

Ok u do know that NASCAR races on watkins glen and infinion right? Gees I hate talking to ignorant europeans -_-. NASCAR isn't the only stock car series. Dont forget the ARCA, USAR, SCSA (the BRITISH stock car series) and the Brazillian stock car series. AMERICA IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY THAT HAS A STOCK CAR SERIES.

i'm getting so fricking tired of saying this, STOCK CARS ARE RACEABLE ON ROAD COURSES AND NASCAR DOES RACE ON ROAD COURSES. I've raced once in a stock car road course series in rFactor, sure it's hard as hell with those cars being clumsier then a Formula but it's very fun.

If LFS has a good drag strip i dont see why they cant add good ovals.

U say that Americans are ignorant people. ur worse by creating retarded assumptions and responces on stock cars. What a bunch of hypocrites.
A stockcar will handle just as well as any other GT car of the same weight. It's a CAR there is no way in the world you could compare a car to a formula.

Who let the ignorants out of the box again?
Figured i would Post my Support on this topic, with a Nice +1.

Also figured i would post a link to the specifications of the classes at my local track. http://www.columbusspeedway.com/asp/2007/Default.asp

There's really no reason a Stock car cannot be raced on a road course, provided it is not built with an Assymetrical chassis.

Only a couple of different setup options would be needed, and not even neccisarily NEEDED, just helpful. Corner by Corner tire compoud settings and toe. MAYBE stagger (set this to 0 for road courses)

A few different types of Oval would make these cars and others shine. Contrary to the common belief not all ovals are huge like the Kyoto Ring. And many of the more wel known courses also offer a roadcourse configuration.

Educate yourself before you say youre opposed to something. And don't post negatively unless it would actually cause harm. Your choice not to use something doesn't make it a bad idea, just of no benefit to you personally.

As for ovals being for those who can't drive... you obviously don't know what youre talking about. Juan Pablo Montoya didn't get into Formula 1 without being a good driver (although he might have seemed that way compared to the people outshining him). He's finding Nextel Cup quite a challenge.

Congratulations, you won the prize for the "most ignorant and incompetent comment in this forum for the first half of 2007!" (in short: MIAICITF 1/2 2007)

but just to "help" you:
1) it is called "stock cars" not "nascars" there is no thing called "nascars"
2) stock cars, like the ones used in nextel cup, even run on the canadian GP track, which is one of the more technical tracks in formula 1 (you know where kubica had his launch). they race at the glen and infineon raceway and one circuit track in mexico. just make sure what you were talking about when you next time post such a BULLSHIT .
3) everything else you've posted is just kind of racist and ignorant

totally NOOB! even i did more laps on circuit tracks then you did in total and i am an oval racer for 90% of the time...
maybe rockingham(uk one)

Just a Quick Take on what an XR modified to Sport Stock might look like.

There were some problems with the XRG and XRT models at Ds Autos, since i couldnt get the parts selected separately to modify them, hence the use of an XRR body. I think the effect is effective.

Due to the rules mandating the window ledges remain unaltered, i've left the rear window edges in place (these would have a bit more beef on a real car than the model). The hood is legal, posessing cowl induction of no less than 3 inches, and there is no rule forbidding the vent opennings.

The Diffuser hasn't been removed, and the front bumper isn't the stock style, but i believe some bumper modifications are allowed.
The quarter panels are obviously not stock, liek the class mandates, but given my limited ability to modify the original model, this is an allowance i have made.
couldn't remove the door handle's but let's just assume they have been welded shut.
Exhaust system isnt quite right. either, since it isn't allowed to pass thru body panels

I think this looks a bit more like a class above the Street Stock, but one can imagine the fun that could be had with a 800 BHP V8

Anyone else wanna take a crack at modelling an LFS car to specifications for a class?
did someone ever try out to mod the xrr/xrt to 800BHP with Tweak or mechanik? or can someone provide me with a .exe that works with tweak?
Oval is need many skill & judgment
Redid materials to work without brazil

That kinda looks like a Grand Am stock car. Still great work
Quote from Viper93 :A stockcar will handle just as well as any other GT car of the same weight.

I am curious why you think that, because I am thinking the total opposite.
same here i wonder too..

if you try play nascar 2003, you will reilise if you turn too much or not enough, you will be into a wall ether on a oval or a normal track.

if you put too much throttle. you will be into a wall

if you miss judge it, you will be into a wall.

where as a GT car you would be able to save the car alot more from accidents and slipups.
for example avoiding a car in the road that had crashed infront of you, if you even tryed to do that in a stock car (nascar), you would be into a wall if you even managed to avoid the accident infront that is, which is highly unlikely
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :same here i wonder too..

if you try play nascar 2003, you will reilise if you turn too much or not enough, you will be into a wall ether on a oval or a normal track.

if you put too much throttle. you will be into a wall

if you miss judge it, you will be into a wall.

where as a GT car you would be able to save the car alot more from accidents and slipups.
for example avoiding a car in the road that had crashed infront of you, if you even tryed to do that in a stock car (nascar), you would be into a wall if you even managed to avoid the accident infront that is, which is highly unlikely

Agreed, it's really hard to control the car. If the car is hellbent on going straight into the wall THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

That's why it's really fun on road courses and even on a oval it's challenging.

But of course that also depends on the stock car. Nextel Cup car (or the CoT) is like driving a giant brick, while the USAR stock car are much more lighter, fragile and maneuverable and the Grand Am stock car is ever more maneuverable.
Quote :People is europe are pretty close minded about other forms of auto racing (they'd want "only road courses and rally, drag and ovals should all die.")

They wont even CONSIDER that ovals might be entertaining (close racing).

Note that i'm not saying all europeans but a good majority of them i've met are like that

I would say its the other way round. Most americans won't consider another form of Racing, since nascar seems to be the only really popular series. Whilst in europe loads of people tune in to watch F1, Rally, Touring cars etc. Seems to be more different forms of racing that are popular in europe, then in the states.

Now I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun to drive on a proper oval with a proper stock car, but to me it is pretty boring to watch, BTCC is alot more fun, same close racing but just better to watch, and some of the drivers are nutters. Im just saying don't call europeans close minded. Oh and UK has drag as well....
Quote from fragile_dog :I would say its the other way round. Most americans won't consider another form of Racing, since nascar seems to be the only really popular series. Whilst in europe loads of people tune in to watch F1, Rally, Touring cars etc. Seems to be more different forms of racing that are popular in europe, then in the states.

Now I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun to drive on a proper oval with a proper stock car, but to me it is pretty boring to watch, BTCC is alot more fun, same close racing but just better to watch, and some of the drivers are nutters. Im just saying don't call europeans close minded. Oh and UK has drag as well....

Most of the europeans I've meet aren't like that. Oh and just because they have the sport doesnt mean it's popular. I mean canada has CASCAR and it wasn't hardly watched.

Still I think i blew too much steam from my response so I'll apologize if I seriously offended anyone.

All in all I think the bashing goes both ways. We seriously need to stop insulting ofter forms of motorsports just because we dont watch them.

Stock Cars and Oval Tracks!
(245 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG