The online racing simulator
Quote from atlantian :enable car bombing and have the goal be the pace car, i hate nascar...

Pretty much every single one of your posts have been shite. Go troll a forum other than this one for hours on end.
^i only instigate people in the topics i am interested in, to get responses faster, but i truly hate nascar.

it is hypocritical(STOCK CAR racing?!?!? there's barely anything stock on stock-cars)

It's on oval circuits, why only two wide BANKED turns?

and it's like drag racing it's all about how fast your car can go, you might need to employ throttle control and clutch control to shift better, but that's it. it's not real driving. the only thing exciting is the speed.

but ok, why not just have a big flat skid pad? and have people drive in circles? there, you can do all the stock car racing you want on lfs.
in fact we have a autocross area and we did some oval races there but the area is not wide enough to have a proper oval imo

and btw. as a demo racer: first buy a license then post in the "improvement suggestion" forum...
Quote from atlantian :^i only instigate people in the topics i am interested in, to get responses faster, but i truly hate nascar.

it is hypocritical(STOCK CAR racing?!?!? there's barely anything stock on stock-cars)

It's on oval circuits, why only two wide BANKED turns?

and it's like drag racing it's all about how fast your car can go, you might need to employ throttle control and clutch control to shift better, but that's it. it's not real driving. the only thing exciting is the speed.

but ok, why not just have a big flat skid pad? and have people drive in circles? there, you can do all the stock car racing you want on lfs.

I would find fighting a 43 car pack all within 3 seconds of each other going 3-4 wide on a oval much more appealing than fighting a rival on a difficult road course with the next car 10 seconds away.

Just a matter of taste. However, a different taste is no reason to troll stock car fans.

Besides, u hardly go full throttle on short tracks like Bristol or Martinsville (they are only .5 miles), so no actually you need quite a lot of throttle control on ovals.

But what you say it's true...it's not real "driving". But isn't RACING suppose to be more important than driving? Ovals are the ultimate form of car competition and that in itself is what makes ovals exiting. To me, that's all that matters

I have enough respect for racing in general that I dont go around and troll "OMG THIS SUCKS ITS BORING" to whatever discipline I find boring. I try to stay as open minded as possible because in the end, racing is racing. They all require skill and they are all exciting in their own way. All that matters is your own personal preferences. But have enough respect for yourself to leave those who are different alone
don't feed the trolls
well said lizardfolk
you should all watch WRC
Quote from lizardfolk :I would find fighting a 43 car pack all within 3 seconds of each other going 3-4 wide on a oval much more appealing than fighting a rival on a difficult road course with the next car 10 seconds away.

Just a matter of taste. However, a different taste is no reason to troll stock car fans.

Besides, u hardly go full throttle on short tracks like Bristol or Martinsville (they are only .5 miles), so no actually you need quite a lot of throttle control on ovals.

But what you say it's true...it's not real "driving". But isn't RACING suppose to be more important than driving? Ovals are the ultimate form of car competition and that in itself is what makes ovals exiting. To me, that's all that matters

I have enough respect for racing in general that I dont go around and troll "OMG THIS SUCKS ITS BORING" to whatever discipline I find boring. I try to stay as open minded as possible because in the end, racing is racing. They all require skill and they are all exciting in their own way. All that matters is your own personal preferences. But have enough respect for yourself to leave those who are different alone

Well spoken, and I agree with you. It`s all down to taste, but some people just can`t understand that other people have other oppinions compared to their own
Quote from atlantian :you should all watch WRC

You should go away. Most people here that likes oval racing is also into other series such as DTM, WRC, F1, etc...
Yhea but anyway, oval """""""racing""""""" is crap (yes, i used 7 quotes because it's not racing even if racing is basicaly turning in round but racing invole TURNS. Oval are for noob in bf1 with cruise controle.).

When this thread will be locked down?
^finally! and stock cars look ugly, with it's silly sheetmetal body and painted headlights
Quote from shadow2kx :Yhea but anyway, oval """""""racing""""""" is crap (yes, i used 7 quotes because it's not racing even if racing is basicaly turning in round but racing invole TURNS. Oval are for noob in bf1 with cruise controle.).

When this thread will be locked down?

That was pretty retarded statement. Especially since that "Bf1 with cruise control" handles nothing like an IndyCar much less a giant heavy stock car.

I dont care about the difficulty of the track. It's the COMPETITION from cars that matters not the "driving" of a track. Ovals provide the greatest competition with 3-4 wide racing. Where else can you do that in a giant pack? Sure some people might not see that as a plus. But the fact is I AND OTHER OVAL RACERS DO and that's all that should matters. Get that into your thick skulls.

Also, if you can handle a giant heavy stock car on an OVAL (never mind road courses) in a pack of 43 all within 2 seconds of each other then I'll have nothing to say...but chances are you're pretty ignorant (especially with that BF1 comment) about ovals so I suggest you educate yourself instead of trolling around being retarded. You probably couldn't even handle the massive aero push that you normally and constantly experience on ovals

Quote from atlantian :^finally! and stock cars look ugly, with it's silly sheetmetal body and painted headlights

Who cares? I love the amount of space on the stock car for cool paint jobs and sponsors. You dont see that anywhere else.

News flash kiddo. I DO. You know there's a very interesting human invention called READING AND REASONING It works wonders you may want to try it sometimes:

Quote from lizardfolk :

ok, watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSsU1gkIq2U
OR
http://www.youtube.com/v/0B64qyfUUUw&rel=1

then tell me
1) is this challenging?
2) is this exciting?
3) is there more competition then in F1 on Barcelona?
4) is this racing or not?

this is the kind of racing you'll never have in any other form of racing today (maybe in the old F1 days)
and if you find this boring, then either you are too slow on an oval or you enjoy racing because of the passing landscape...

or in other words:
THIS IS WHY I LIKE OVAL RACING (watching and playing)

I suggest you do the same, it'll teach you a thing or two about real driving and drivers...
Quote from Fischfix :ok, watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSsU1gkIq2U
OR
http://www.youtube.com/v/0B64qyfUUUw&rel=1

then tell me
1) is this challenging?
2) is this exciting?
3) is there more competition then in F1 on Barcelona?
4) is this racing or not?

this is the kind of racing you'll never have in any other form of racing today (maybe in the old F1 days)
and if you find this boring, then either you are too slow on an oval or you enjoy racing because of the passing landscape...

or in other words:
THIS IS WHY I LIKE OVAL RACING (watching and playing)

OH man Fisch. Thank you so much for making me relive my heart attack moments

But the point is, you cannot compare oval racing with road course racing in the same context. The same goes with rally racing. I've heard F1 fans say "rally racing sucks because there's only one car on the course trying to beat himself". We all know (or at least I hope we all know) it doesn't work that way and oval racing is no exception.

You (circuit racers bashing ovals) see it as going in circles because circuit racing focuses a lot on the driving aspects of motorsports. I (oval racers) see it as 3-4 wide racing in a giant pack. Ovals focus more on your personal relations to the other cars. Can you constantly out draft the other cars? Can you gain the advantage in a field of 43? etc. To us it doesn't matter whether or not ovals are easy to drive because the extreme competition we experience MAKES it difficult and for us that compensates for the "lack of driving excitement".

If that is not a big enough plus for you to enjoy oval racing then that's fine, but leave those who are different alone, you are entitled to your own opinion and so are we. if you dont have enough self respect to keep an open mind or restrain yourself from trolling then that's your problem.

But the thing that bothers me is...why do we always have to compare which discipline is better to "satisfy our own superiority complex"? Why can't different disciplines of racing or motorsports (rally, drag, ovals, circuits, autoX, drifting) just be different and left at that? I find drifting incredibly boring. But I dont go around bashing drifting whenever I feel like it because I have enough respect for this great sport and myself to sit back and go "you know what? It doesn't matter whether I find it exciting or not. All that matters is if THEY find it exciting. Who am I to tell someone else what should be "correct" or "entertaining"? It's a real shame this attitude is so rare to find

Quote from atlantian :

To answer your question stock cars does not mean fresh out of the factory anymore. The meaning has changed to "rigorous technology/mechanical restrictions". It doesn't mean "all the cars are exactly the same" or "all the cars SHOULD be the same" It can be, but that decision is left to the series

Quote from atlantian :It's on oval circuits, why only two wide BANKED turns?

Because that provides universal spectatorship (which was originally the whole point of oval racing). But now people have realized that it makes racing much closer. I dont know a track that has right banked turns as well as left banked turns. But that is an interesting idea I've already discussed with many people
Is'nt max nascars on oval 43? or ? in real life...
same..
What about IF we can have a real stock cars and track then we could have 43 on the track.. MAX..
like in 8 lane drag.. only 8 on the track Max
Quote from aroX123 :Is'nt max nascars on oval 43? or ? in real life...

NASCAR is 43, ARCA I believe is 41 and Trucks Series is 36
seriously, who makes fun of rallying? ralliests are not racing against themselves, they are racing against other ralliest's times. and it has the biggest following in the world.
Quote from atlantian :seriously, who makes fun of rallying? ralliests are not racing against themselves, they are racing against other ralliest's times. and it has the biggest following in the world.

You're missing the point, and I believe F1 has the biggest following in the world.

The point is ignorance is bliss. That comment isn't funny for you because you are (I'm assuming) a rally fan. But it's funny for an ignorant idiot who has a superiority complex. But as you can see whoever's making that comment was being retarded and that is what you were exactly doing a few comments before. See where a little self respect and an open mind can get you?

And a lot of people make fun of rally. I see it often in some dark corner of the internet (dont get any sick idea guys :razz
NASCAR IS THE BEST AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GET OUT OF THIS FORUM!!! (LOL!!!)
Quote from mutt107 :NASCAR IS THE BEST AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GET OUT OF THIS FORUM!!! (LOL!!!)

As much as I'd like to applaud this comment, I'm trying to reason with the ones who are bashing oval racing (which is starting to appear as a waste of time). Something like this might cause an mindless counter bash (which is what I'm trying to avoid)

Give the others a time to respond to my reasoning. If they dont respond or ignore my comment then counter flame all you like
Oh and Fisch you forgot that Trucks Daytona finish (which is probably one of the best finished of ALL). Sheesh coming off the last turn it seriously looked like Kvapil had won I mean COME ON a last minute pass on the straightaway 0_o. I bet you Travis was going like wtf!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBQuxw-Nfj0
Quote from lizardfolk :Oh and Fisch you forgot that Trucks Daytona finish (which is probably one of the best finished of ALL). Sheesh coming off the last turn it seriously looked like Kvapil had won I mean COME ON a last minute pass on the straightaway 0_o. I bet you Travis was going like wtf!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBQuxw-Nfj0

There is seriously something wrong if someone doesn't find that sort of stuff exciting.

Personally I see Oval Racing as one of, if not the most exciting form of motorsport, I don't think there's another form in the world where you can see 3 or 4 drivers coming around the same turn at 200mph+ all going for the same peice of bitumen.
okey, you are neck to neck going 200mph, exciting but it doesn't seem like there is anything you can do about it since everyone is going the same direction and have the pedal to the metal, you are basically stuck in a traffic jam of the future
Quote from atlantian :okey, you are neck to neck going 200mph, exciting but it doesn't seem like there is anything you can do about it since everyone is going the same direction and have the pedal to the metal, you are basically stuck in a traffic jam of the future

thats where draft comes in to play

Stock Cars and Oval Tracks!
(245 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG