The online racing simulator
Nice find.

Interesting lap of ye olde Laguna Seca before they rebuilt it.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
oi oi oi oi oi oi oi o OI OI O IO IO I OI OI O I OI OI O IOOI OI OI OI OI OI
Quote from zeugnimod :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VLdPDo6mP4

Posted this on the SR forum to prove that Heidfeld is one of the best racers currently on the grid.

What, being given shitloads of rooms passing 2 McLarens in Bahrain, getting into slipstreams and making two easy moves, a couple of passes in the wet at Luffield (where he took the more grippy outside line and was obviously surprised the Ferrari didn't spin), passing at Spa where he was on the right tyres as opposed to the others being on dry ones, taking candy from a baby against Alonso and then the shitty Honda at the end, makes him one of the best racers?

Pull the other one.
Quote from boothy :What, being given shitloads of rooms passing 2 McLarens in Bahrain, getting into slipstreams and making two easy moves, a couple of passes in the wet at Luffield (where he took the more grippy outside line), passing at Spa where he was on the right tyres, taking candy from a baby against Alonso and then the shitty Honda at the end, makes him one of the best racers?

Quote from boothy :What, being given shitloads of rooms passing 2 McLarens in Bahrain, getting into slipstreams and making two easy moves, a couple of passes in the wet at Luffield (where he took the more grippy outside line and was obviously surprised the Ferrari didn't spin), passing at Spa where he was on the right tyres as opposed to the others being on dry ones, taking candy from a baby against Alonso and then the shitty Honda at the end, makes him one of the best racers?

Pull the other one.

That's what F1 has come to.
I'm sure you could do a compilation video like that for almost anyone on the grid to make them look good but, for me, seeing all of his overtakes from his F1 career doesn't really prove he's one of the best racers out there.

He may well be one of the best, not denying that, I just think one can read a bit too much into these types of vids...
Most of his passes in that vid are from 07 and 08 apart from 2/3 from 06 i think. And imo they are good, spa yes he was on the right tyres so meh, but the rest are pretty good. He made alonso look a fool in that pass at bahrain around the outside.
Quote from TypeRacing :Nice find
Spa-Francorchamps and Silverstone overtakes was most impressive.

Yeah, and both times he took the gamble and went for a tyre change to wet weather tyres while everyone else stayed on slicks (Spa) or inters (Silverstone) - not that impressive anymore...
Quote from bbman :Yeah, and both times he took the gamble and went for a tyre change to wet weather tyres while everyone else stayed on slicks (Spa) or inters (Silverstone) - not that impressive anymore...

Its all part of being a good racing driver.

God people are so desperate to disprove/downplay/belittle things nowadays, get a life, why not try working towarsd becoming great at something yourself, rather than trying to bring everyone else down all the time.
Quote from 5haz :Its all part of being a good racing driver.

God people are so desperate to disprove/downplay/belittle things nowadays, get a life, why not try working towarsd becoming great at something yourself, rather than trying to bring everyone else down all the time.

What on earth are you on about? He just said some facts and you got all personal. That's like normal guy with legs running in paralympics and denying the fact that the other guys actually had wheelchairs instead of legs.
The difference is they all had the opportunity to have normal legs and chose wheelchairs... Racing skill is more than just what ur hands and feet make the car do.
What was the name of that site with all the motorsports videos and where you had to get a invite for? I remember seeing it float around here but can't seem to find it.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :What was the name of that site with all the motorsports videos and where you had to get a invite for? I remember seeing it float around here but can't seem to find it.

Racing Underground? I can give you an invite if you want, PM me.

EDIT: Given. No more invites left, sorry all!
that is indeed great find, this heidfeld vid, some of them are on good drivers some of the are on not so good drivers, but it's not like he always had the best car... Every pass he pulled was extremely clean, calculated and yet aggressive and put where some other probably wouldn't try.

It's just beautiful to see how he is there right on the limit.

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG