The online racing simulator
Omg, so powerful cars in such a narrow track.
But nice racing
Dijon? Narrow? Huh?

Well perhaps the actual track is quite narrow, but the tarmac runoff has always been huge so the actual track edges are quite 'loosely' defined.
Quote from BlueFlame :Spengler is Canadian, not British :}

I did say almost, Jamie Green was right with him in 4th at the end.

Gary Paffet has won more races than the championship leader Timo Scheider, but has been less consistant, so he holds 2nd place going into the final round. Its been quite a good year for Brits in the DTM, every British driver being on the podium at least once.
Quote from 5haz :I did say almost, Jamie Green was right with him in 4th at the end.

Gary Paffet has won more races than the championship leader Timo Scheider, but has been less consistant, so he holds 2nd place going into the final round. Its been quite a good year for Brits in the DTM, every British driver being on the podium at least once.

Stoddart and Legge haven't been on the podium besides, Tomcyzk would be champion now except for that stupid DSQ at Zandvoort
Oh shuddup. Sure you mean Scheider, not Tomczyk?
Quote from 5haz :Oh shuddup. Sure you mean Scheider, not Tomczyk?

Yes, I mean Scheider XD we are both finding and exposing each others stupid mistakes LOL
Quote from 5haz :Bump!

DTM at Dijon, an exciting final few laps. (you could say I'm biased seeing as Brits nearly locked out the podium!).

Only because Audi's tyres sucked.
Quote from [DUcK] :Sorry for the crap audio and video quality...
This is my pole lap around Oran Park a couple of months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kwwMBGpvY4

Bloody nice job mate, you work hard at the wheel and I like your style, seems like that track is real bumpy and upsets the balance alot but you hung on man you're goin places!
Lovely, shame about Oran Park though, looks like a great track.
Quote from 5haz :Lovely, shame about Oran Park though, looks like a great track.

It's a fantastic track.

Too bad it's being closed.
Cheers fellas. Yeah these cars are a bit of work to keep in a straight line. You basically do anything you possibly can to get through a corner as fast as you can while keeping the car straight... Pretty much LFS driving style! The V8 is much more disciplined and there's only really one way to drive it, very contrasting styles.
The track is quite bumpy indeed, it was also my first time to the track
That chicane before the last corner is hairy (you only use 3 gears for the entire track?)
Yeah, there was still heaps of time in that lap. As you said the dogleg, I should have cut much more, but because it's a blind entry you can't see... And I didn't wanna drive straight through it just in case I got penalized, but there was another 1, maybe 2 tenths there. And obviously I missed top gear on the main straight at the beginning of the lap, which cost the same, 1 or 2 tenths. I was 0.4 off the lap record, and the track was really dusty because they are building houses near the track now.

Yes I often use a higher gear because my car is really taily compared to some. And because these engines are so torquey you can afford to leave it in a higher gear, and it also makes you carry a higher corner speed too I guess

Oh, I read that wrong. Hah... Yeah these cars have a 4 speed transmission (controlled gearbox & ratio's (diff & box)). We use a taller ratio when we go to Phillip Island and (if applicable) Bathurst.
I said that because I saw you only have to downshift once while braking into T1 (or T2 if you count the kink), so I thought your third gear must be pretty long

Love this track, although I have only driven it in Rfactor.
Ah yeah, well I hook gears. So I totally miss 3rd and go straight to 2nd. These cars can get pretty taily on downshifts so I try use the brakes to stop the car rather than using the engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWFHgAgwxS8

There's a quick example of Frosty hooking gears... I couldn't really find a better one :\
Usually 6th to 4th, or 4th to 2nd is the most common I believe

Edit: Another one, Will goes 5th - 3rd, then 2nd where Frosty does 5th to 4th then 2nd... Just different ways of doing it I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjO_hi8woQ&NR=1

Another example of Ambrose, who often just shifted to the gear he needed before the corner in one foul swoop, rather than shifting down the 'box so to speak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E9Rudrb-eE
Skaife and Ambrose really liked skipping gears on the way down. Seen them both going from 5th to 1st at Adelaide and Symmons in one go.

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG