The online racing simulator
lmfao - quality
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Exciting stuff, just a shame they had to be stupid on the last turn. The 3 was aggressive and bumped the 45, but the 45 just blatently spun him out there. I don't think the 45 had anything to be angry about either, he pushed the 3 onto the dirt at least twice in the first turn.

I agree entirely. The Vette was justified to give the Porsche the bump coming into the last turn as the Porsche ran him wide coming out of the first turn earlier that lap. For the Vette to have been spun round the way he was, he must have been ahead and the Porsche did a perfect P.I.T manouvre.

Anyone know if the Porsche got a penalty?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Exciting stuff, just a shame they had to be stupid on the last turn. The 3 was aggressive and bumped the 45, but the 45 just blatently spun him out there. I don't think the 45 had anything to be angry about either, he pushed the 3 onto the dirt at least twice in the first turn.

Yeah, spoiled a good scrap. I think the Vette driver was overly aggressive. I mean the Porsche has the right to defend his spot into the last corner, but if the Vette does that then there's nothing the Porsche can do about it. How are you supposed to have a race when the advantage lies with whoever is in the position to bump the other car out of the way in the last corner. If "passes" like that are acceptable it kind of makes a mockery of the competition.

What happened afterwards was ridiculous, but you can't blame the Porsche driver for making it as hard as possible for the vette after what happened in the last turn. I think the Porsche leaves enough room though, the Vette cuts back to the right and that's when he gets spun out.
I agree with Sinbad, although he got bumped a little wide at the start of the lap, it was hardly on purpose, but what he done in the last corner was blatantly not a mistake, he would never have made the corner without hitting into the back of the porsche.

Though, we need an onboard view of the porsche to see if he did spin him out, personally it looks to me like he does spin him out because when it looks like he cuts accross him like Sinbad says, it's probarly just because his rear was being pushed into the spin.

Anyhow, was good watching, I enjoyed the impreza v the corvette more though...
Quote from Minimaxman : Anyone know if the Porsche got a penalty?

They didn't.

Quote from ALMS website :“I’m definitely sorry Jan went into the wall,” Bergmeister [driver of the Porsche at the time] said. “I didn’t want that to happen. But it was a banging game. I’m glad he’s OK. It was tough racing.

http://www.americanlemans.com/index_news.php?n=14008
Quote from Intrepid :Nico drives his dad's "no ... 's a proper racecar" and Hill's Championship winning car

Not enough footage but his comments are what you want to hear from a proper race driver!

Rather boring promo vid, mostly Crashuki Shuntajima yacking for a good part of it and then Nico having a good hair day and saying some rehearsed-for-the-press lines.
Quote from xaotik :Rather boring promo vid, mostly Crashuki Shuntajima yacking for a good part of it and then Nico having a good hair day and saying some rehearsed-for-the-press lines.

I think his "forget all of that, all of that; this is a proper racing car" comment wasn't rehearsed though. It looked like he was saying it from the heart. Must've been quite an experience.
F1 drivers can't say anything nowadays without it being picked apart by cynics.

Dutch GP 1984

Private video from the pitlane and wall, these cars were great. No pitlane speed limit made things pretty scary too.
Quote from Minimaxman :Anyone know if the Porsche got a penalty?

I would hope he not only got a penalty but points on his license too. Also if you watch closely, the reason the Vette comes back across is because he hits the wall.
If any of you got rammed at the last corner, you wouldn't give up so easily either
Quote from BlueFlame :If any of you got rammed at the last corner, you wouldn't give up so easily either

I wouldn't make it past the first turn without spending some quality time with the man upstairs.
Drifting Toro Rosso. Now thats nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65iD4gkelfg

Part of some old reportage, Rauno Aaltonen explains how to drive a rallly car, includes onboard, some intense pedal action in the beginning and awesome super slow-mo shots going totally sideways.

Racing videos
(4785 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG