The online racing simulator
O/T Renders
(114 posts, started )
kinda bored.. last picture of the modena for a while, this was.. 2 nights ago and a few nights before (the side one didnt have the fixed brake lights so)

anyways, what i was planning on doing with this was to make it into a GTR spec type car, but .. we'll see what happens to it
Attached images
7.jpg
6(edit).jpg
Wow, I'm impressed with this thread. I just can't imagine what will you do with a LFS car editor

Keep the work all of you.
yah i wish we could import our own cars into LFS... For single player only thou.
Wow man those glasses are sweet looking.
Quote from Sniiki :Hi Linsen!

I used Max 7 and Vray 1.47

Rim material is sort of chrome with lots of glossy.
Diffuse was gray and reflection color dark gray, glossy about 0.6

Ah, vray, of course. Seems like most of those really realistic looking (car)renders are made with vray. Thx for the info - I'm still impressed with those renders .
Here's what I'm working on atm. Still a lot of stuff missing and some errors in the mesh (I'm always having trouble getting a mesh really smooth - I don't know how you guys do that). It's suposed to be lowpoly and right now I'm having a little over 8352 triangles and 3838 Polygons. Can anyone tell me, which count would be th important one if you wanted to use that model in a game?
Attached images
GTA_test1.jpg
i've always heard people say its such and such polys, so im gonna have to say the poly count is lower, and for smoothing, it depends on what type of smoother you are using
Meshsmooth includes NURMS (non rational meshsmoother), Quad Output (everything is put in 4 point polys [instead of 3]), and Classic (just divides your polys by quadruples i believe)
so it depends on what you are looking for, sometimes quad may look better than nurms, but usually nurms is the way to go

however, there are 2 other types of "smoothers"
turbosmooth which is very similar to classic.. wish i knew difference, but there isnt much difference that i have seen
and "smooth" which just rounds the edges basically, its not really a meshsmoother, as it does nothing to the polygons, just make them look like they have rounder edges (depending on iterations number 0 - 180 0 being no smoothing, 180 being smoother edges)

how about a wireframe shot?

oh and one last tip, if the 'game' (if its being used in a game) supports bump maps, i would suggest mapping the car, and bump mapping the seams, and save a few thousand polys
I'm working with smoothing groups, so I guess that's what you called "smooth" as it doesn't seem to do anything to the polys. And as for the poly count: Since I'm not a modder (I don't know nothing about modding ), I could probably care less how many polys I get. It's more like it should potentially be possible to use it in a game - if you know what I mean.
Attached images
GTA_mesh.jpg
BMW Z4, still alot of work to do on this 1. This is only about 3-4 hrs work(which is alot for me)
Attached images
pers.jpg
Most rendering is done using software packages such as 3D Studios Max or Maya.
majority here (if not all) use 3dsmax for the modeling, and then for the rendering usually either Vray or Brazil

oh and strahd the other night when i was telling you how many faces my private model im doing has; i was off by 10x; its 7 million something i think (got some serious mesh smoothing lol its great looking though, comming along nicely yall my be seeing pics of it real soon

as for your Z4, it shows the reason why i dont want to work with splines; there are some serious problems with the shape i see in there and have no idea how your going to fix them lol
ei: cuts in the hood between hood and body, ... basically all the seems at that lol, top looks.. odd right now (might just because the whole thing is using the same mat., and the trunk looks odd its like it goes up to high in the center
7mil haha, ur nuts. The front fender should be not prob to fix but yeah the back looks like it goes up quite a bit but it is exact to the blueprints. My first time using nurbs to model so just getting used to them, its way diff than polys. Oh yeah, Im a Maya user, but I may switch to Max if I can get a copy for half cheap.

This is also gonna be in an animation sometime if I can ever get it fixed an completed, so again going for low polys(well as low as can be)
Hi!

I can proudly represent you MorroW Designer member - Viljami "Sniiki" Mäki.
He has done very beautiful work before...and he continue that way

Here it is...true masterpiece

Bigger picture and place where you can also comment:
http://www.kalbri.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-163
v nice any chance of some really high res ones?
Will do
That's the best wheel I have seen Sniiki! Could you share the max file and textures for it? :bowdown:
RAYfighter, Thanks!

Sorry but I can't share it becouse it's made for one project
Quote from Sniiki :RAYfighter, Thanks!

Sorry but I can't share it becouse it's made for one project

No problem mate. I honestly felt weird even when I asked.
This is really insane :-O
My god that is beautiful!
Anyone else notice the reflection of a car in the wheel nuts?

Looks like an LX4 to me.
Hi Orion! why haven't you been online in ICQ recently?

Kryten: it sure looks like there would be a car in there, but there is not The reflections are from hdri and hdri contains no car in it
But you sure have eagles eyes
Yes, they have split-screen and Quantel(r).

O/T Renders
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG