The online racing simulator
O/T Renders
(114 posts, started )
In the first pic, there is no depth added to the panels. That means they're just flat "sheets of metal". When you look in between the panels, you can see right through to the inside.

In the second pic, there is depth added to the panels. That pretty much means that they're bent to the inside Obviously that Merc. wasn't finished at the time of making that render, but it still shows what I mean I think.
(and yes, I was going to make a lowrider version of the car, hence the silly wheels. )
Attached images
lexus10.jpg
ML_2.jpg
:ices_rofl nice wheels lol anyways, yes im gonna save those parts in the middle for later so i have the parts segmented up (theres a tutorial that shows a guy doing this from cgtalk, so i decided thats a good idea because it keeps all the major parts seperated until you merge them.. anyways, heres a pic i forgot to post, did this all last night too, havent done much this morning but some touches.. put in a front socket for the foglights so we'll see how this goes (gona go take a shower now lol)

its not that the model is flat, its just with this material you dont see to many of the bends, but the plus side of it is that i can find all the mistakes in it; whereas when i applied that paint texture on my 944.. i couldnt see any of the problem spots.. well.. not as many as i should have lol
Attached images
2.jpg
I'm sorry, XCN, as ytou didn't win the presidential vote, we will have to enforce a lol restriction with immediate effect. You can only use one lol per thread for the rest of this year, or face savage disciplinary measures including forms of torture with custard.
Quote from al heeley :I'm sorry, XCN, as ytou didn't win the presidential vote, we will have to enforce a lol restriction with immediate effect. You can only use one lol per thread for the rest of this year, or face savage disciplinary measures including forms of torture with custard.

Oh, nice modelling, btw.
anyone got any tips on how to make seats?

LOL
thats my one for this post
I'm sorry, I did say one LOL per thread, not per post.

Guys, bring out the vat of custard....
-
(kyler) DELETED by kyler
Here are a few Ive done, the mazda was my first ever and the Range Rover is still a very far from finished wip(just put together for a quick render) Done in Maya 6.0

also got parts of a skyline and an M3 done somewhere
Attached images
blueFront.jpg
colorTest2.jpg
that was cheap thread anyway al.. i call for a recount!

anyways, yes all day.. i mean.. i put in about 10 hours at LEAST today i feel like a geek hah.. anyways, this is where im at, got tons to do, still though, anyone know or can help me make these seats??

as for the mirroring of the interior, that will go away, i just wanted to see what it *might* look like when i get it all layed out
Attached images
3.jpg
Some nice looking stuff there roadie.

Loving the rims, and we need that dune buggy in LFS. :hyper:

well.. dunno how many hours i've put in since that last pic, but here i am.. still under 24 hours im sure, but this is where im at, got tons to do, have whole center console i have to fix up and then the drivers "area" i guess.. steering wheel, wheels, tires.. etc.. lol i got lots, just wanted to show this pic so you could see the interior thus far
Attached images
4.jpg
errr, what is it?

a day in the life of a very bored child .. lol
this is what i felt like doing all day today.. i need to get out more often i guess
Attached images
1wiremesh.jpg
.. i think i gotta do my homework sometime today lol.. this has been the most boring weekend i have ever had i think.. ever.. it truely has been boring

anyways, heres my project "complete atleast one friggen model in your lifetime".. wont be doing a full interior, just a very basic one... when i get to it, anyways this is where im at
Attached images
2wiremesh.jpg
3wiremesh.jpg
Here is my transformer Hotrod.
Attached images
Robo.jpg
Wow Nuse that ferrari is lookin real nice. Here are a few pics of my Range Rover, its still not done but Ive been working on my RX-8 scene.
Attached images
Bling.jpg
Roverblack.jpg
lol those are some big ass wheels on the first one, what you should do, is give a bump map to the marble floor .. or something, it looks to perfect imo, also make the windows clear, even without an interior (just make 2 seats and a bench) and it will look much better

also, how many polys is that, it looks like its not that many?
Yeah it was just a quick render, gonna do an interior for it(a basic 1 but 1 none the less) also gonna make new rims for it, those are the rims from my RX-8 just twice as many spokes, the poor truck dosent even have any tail pipes. As for the scene, it will all be changed, Ill make a nice show room or something. The truck is not gonna be a nice city ride anyway, I made it for my off-road animation. Not sure what the poly count is, havent looked yet but yeah I am trying to keep it low.
Seen this on SMCars, very nice!
very impressive, how long did it take? 3 months?
(kinda unfortunate on your tires though, can see its a bump map [can see the white from inverted texture on one of those pics])

also, got any tips for doing brake lights/headlights, i havent started headlights .. much less brake lights for my ferrari but i have no idea how to do them, is it best to start from headlights and make the covers, or make the glass covers and go inwards?
or do you know of any tutorials of such?
Very nice job !!
Thanks guys!

XCNuse: It's not a bump map Tire treads are made with displacement, so it's 'modeled' not by hand though. Side texts are however made by bump map.
here's a closer pic (materials aren't right on this one) http://koti.mbnet.fi/clancdu/audirim3.jpg

Car took about that 3months to do since I'm doing this in my spare time and only for fun. Modeling was done last winter.
Don't know any really good tutorials to do headlights, but I've done them like this:
Modeled the glass part, added shell modifier (or solidify in older max versions) to give it some depth. Added bump/displacement map on inner side of the glass.
Then modeled the inner parts as detailed as I could. (used some displacements there too).

Tail light have the same idea, but are much more difficult to do imo, since you rarely get good reference pics for them to do the geometry right.
But again, pump/disp. map on innerside of the glass(some artists puts it on outer side, since it looks better like that when looked from farther off, but that's not realistic though). And model the inner parts. And then ofcourse it needs the colors. That can be done by blend/mix maps using masks or so.
Some really awesome work here! Really impressive.

And that S3 of yours Sniiki is outstanding! Not only the model, also those renders, the lighting, the materials, everything! It just looks soo real. Did you use 3Dsmax? And if so, which renderer? And how did you do that rim material? I've been trying to make a material like that but didn't succeed.
Hi Linsen!

I used Max 7 and Vray 1.47

Rim material is sort of chrome with lots of glossy.
Diffuse was gray and reflection color dark gray, glossy about 0.6

O/T Renders
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG