The online racing simulator
O/T Renders
(114 posts, started )
O/T Renders
figured there should be a section for any other renders of wheels.. cars.. tracks.. whatever else there is to render, just to show off what your up to (will update my WRX and put it in here, instead of getting it mixed up in with the LFS cars renders )

also if your working on any types of mods for the LFS cars, you can put that stuff in here too (ei: wheels, spoilers, chop tops, drag/rally versions, etc.)
7 hours and 35ish minutes
Attached images
WR2.jpg
WR2normalwire.jpg
now this is about 9 hours and 20 minutes or so into it; got most bugs sorted out in front end and believe i have it finished for now (except inlets in one area.. will get those soon)

but.. this is it so far
(not gonna look great, but keep in mind that i havent done any grouping of any type yet.. this is just smoothing set to 11)
Attached images
WR3.jpg
Looking sweet, XCN:up: but maybe don't post hourly updates, eh?

I'll come back after 48 hrs......J/K !!
i probably wont; i'll probably start posting everytime i get large segments done .. or just feel like it

this is quite upsetting lol.. someone else mess around with 3dsmax or whatever and make some stuff up ; theres more to 3dsmax than F9 (render button)
My latest Wheels and tyres.

Click image for fullsize...
Nice wheels .

Here's sth I made a while ago but never finished. I followed a video tutorial very closely (can't remember where I got it). The wheels I downloaded somewhere else (can't remember where either). To show it off a little better I added some materials.
Attached images
A3_preview.jpg
Here's Nissan 300ZX wip..
here's my Nissan 300zx "Work In Progress", modeled in 3dsmax
Attached images
nissan300ZX-vertices.jpg
@L(Oo)ney: Is that tire tread 3d-mapped? If yes, do you maybe have a link to a tutorial explaining how to do that in 3dsmax/brazil?
Quote from Linsen :@L(Oo)ney: Is that tire tread 3d-mapped? If yes, do you maybe have a link to a tutorial explaining how to do that in 3dsmax/brazil?

3d mapped? I think you mean displacement mapped?

If so, nah its not, its just a bump mapped texture. You can do it in Vray, but as far as i know, its not possible using brazil.

I used this tutorial to do the tyres on those wheels..

http://www.onnovanbraam.com/in ... orials&g=completetire

Nice models btw, im nowhere near good enough to attempt a full car atm..
thx, I'll give that a try .
Quote from ramtech :here's my Nissan 300zx "Work In Progress", modeled in 3dsmax

i was gonna do one of those! lol

sorry guys, no updates on the WRX really.. been kinda stuck up in schoolwork and whatnot so.. maybe whenever i get some inspiration rofl i might work on it again
I'm hooked on modeling .

Here's some wheels I made. Everything done from scratch (except for the tiretread, I found an image of that Falken Azenis on the net). I'm still undecided on the materials of the rim, nuts and bolts. I might be using different ones for different parts of the rim. We'll see ...
Attached images
Falken_tires.jpg
Quote from Linsen :I'm hooked on modeling .

Here's some wheels I made. Everything done from scratch (except for the tiretread, I found an image of that Falken Azenis on the net). I'm still undecided on the materials of the rim, nuts and bolts. I might be using different ones for different parts of the rim. We'll see ...

That looks incredibly real!
lol need to work on the materials a tad bit rofl they look like its granite! haha very nice otherwise though very well done
Quote from Linsen :I'm still undecided on the materials of the rim, nuts and bolts.

But thx for the advice anyways, XCNuse. lol
lol i saw that i just think its funny.. good 200 pound tires each
rock wheels.. oh yes
alrighty then.. 10th hour update comming your way!

still have a LOAD of work to do on it, but i have finally finished the tires and wheels which i did mostly today, got some materials on it, mirrored it for this specific render.. but i still have alot of sorting to do with the meshsmoothers.. cause yes.. you can see them little jaggies around on some of those edges (especially headlights)

anyways.. all i have left to do though is smoother fixes, some texturing.. and then the interior and i'll be done!
(100% mine, no help from outside sources [besides tutorials on how to make wheels.. which didnt help all that much lol but i finally made my own set])
Attached images
5.jpg
Wheels are a huge, make them smaller. Apart from that, its looking decent (better then my attempts at modeling a car so far ).

What modeling technique did you use for this, box modeling, or poly modeling?

If you want some help from some other car modelers, you should join http://www.cg-cars.com/forum/forum.php? and http://www.smcars.net/
poly of course.. wanted to do it by splines, but .. i gave up that idea lol, so i did it like i normally do

the wheels.. they look big,, but they really arent lol i think its just that the wheel itself is large and the tire is small.. dunno, but ya i forgot, i have to do the brakes and whatnot too
Quote from XCNuse :poly of course.. wanted to do it by splines, but .. i gave up that idea lol, so i did it like i normally do

I think i prefer boxmodeling so far, but i havent done enough of my own modeling to make my mind up yet, and i still suck with all of them anyways.

Quote from XCNuse :the wheels.. they look big,, but they really arent lol i think its just that the wheel itself is large and the tire is small..

Tyre is too thin, but the rim itself is also way too large imo, too much space there..

Quote from XCNuse :dunno, but ya i forgot, i have to do the brakes and whatnot too

Good tutorial for disk brakes is this one, i've used it and its a real quick/easy method.
Quote from XCNuse :poly of course.. wanted to do it by splines, but .. i gave up that idea lol, so i did it like i normally do

the wheels.. they look big,, but they really arent lol i think its just that the wheel itself is large and the tire is small.. dunno, but ya i forgot, i have to do the brakes and whatnot too

Those wheels are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too big. The 944 actually has pretty small wheels, 16" I think, those are like 26" LOL, oh well.
they might land up just being temporary wheels im not to sure just yet though.. since they are my first set of wheels so i mean..

hey thanks for that link looney

lol talking to sam (diesel) on MSN laughing here, cause im getting that feeling that it looks like a hotwheels with the big dub sized wheels haha
Quote from Linsen :I'm hooked on modeling .

Nice job , I'm not sure but, the tire on the left looks like have its tire tread bump map reversed, maybe it's the light.

O/T Renders
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG