The online racing simulator
O/T Renders
(114 posts, started )
It is definitely the light, as all the tires are just clones of the first original version. But you're right, it does look a little strange. Maybe I should lower the bump-value a little and see if that helps.

Meanwhile, here's another shot of the wheels with adifferent rim material. I'm still not satisfied, as I would like it to look more like magnesium, brushed alloy or gunmetal, but I can't really figure out the right material settings for either one. This is what I got so far:
Attached images
Falken_tires_v2.jpg
Hi Linsen! I'd make the threads smaller and the overall tire less shiny (the threads are shiny but they're so small you don'tsee them). Maybe seperate the different "materials" by applying a mask and don't forget you can also change the look of the maps in their output settings.
#28 - Vain
XCNuse, what did you do to those lovely rims?

Use the Telephone-rims, they are great! Or use these rims. The latter are my favorites .
Oh, and I'd suggest you to edit your render to a 944 S2. The front is much better.

Vain
is the S2 then the one with double inlet on the nose?
like this one? :
http://jimweb.free.fr/frontleft.jpg

lol because i have like blueprints of the headlights like those, but been doing my model like this one here:
http://www.sportsvogn.no/album ... monstring/Porsche_944.jpg

[EDIT]
ahh i see .. your talking about that first link of mine, yes thats what the blueprints of.. i've been thinking about it.. not sure yet, i might just make a second bumper for it or something.. dunno yet

anyways, yes the wheels in your first link will be what the finished model will have
[/EDIT]

and about the wheels lol.. never done them before, theyre more just.. wheels for now kinda thing just to make it look slightly more complete lol

or i might just turn the model into a plastic looking thing and keep the big wheels and make it a hotwheels
#30 - Vain
Yes, the first picture is the S2-front. And it is my favorite by far.

Vain
New Rims/Disk brake.

Tyre is one i downloaded, havent had a go at modeling my own tyres yet, thats next on the list!
Attached images
Rim&disk.jpg
well.. here i am.. about .. somewhere around or over 5 more hours of work, interior is comming along quite nicely.. but this is where i am, did my wheels and tires today

did brakes other day (very hard to see, but they are in there!)

anyways, the wheels still look odly large so i might have to lower wheel size and increase tire size but.. do that some other time, atleast it looks nice
(btw, yes i know the door spaces have no smoothing, gotta work on those )
Attached images
7.jpg
Quote from Linsen :It is definitely the light, as all the tires are just clones of the first original version. But you're right, it does look a little strange.

Definitely there's a bug in the software then, good job anyway.
i am SO tired

anyways, i got a little depth into my wheels, on the insides they arent flat, beveled a little but.. anyways.. this is where im at .. lost time lol so i have no idea how long
Attached images
9.jpg
#35 - Vain
Looks great. Will you soon make the rear complete?
Ah... I love these cars...

Vain
Hmmm I'd still shoot for those 'telephone' rims Vain pointed out a few posts back... and the car would look proper if you had smaller wheel size and less of a low-profile look to it. But if you want to go for that pimped out ride look, fine by me
#37 - Vain
I think he tried to resemble the telephone rims, but you just can't resemble 16" rims with 20" rims .

Vain
Nice to see a subject with "real" modelled cars in here. (Not just renders of the LFS cars). I've been modelling for a while, here's a few links for my latest models:

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ml2lc.jpg

Currently working on this: (altough I kind of gave it up.. lots of other work )

http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=large0qk.jpg <-- I know it's big, but check out the details

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0067ch.jpg
As I said, the project is only about 30% done, and has lots of errors. Hope I'll have the time to finish it someday.
lol i havent even begun really on the back, just stuck a cheap exhaust piped for the render cause i was so tired
noticed majority of all the problems in the model yesterday too.. that wasnt much fun
got alot of work to put into it today .. lets see what i get done

szyszek... amazing lolm question is.. how much time did you spend on them lol

one last thing, are you using editable mesh or editable (lol editable.. edible hah.. its early lol) editable poly?
Ehm. how much time? Hard to say really, aprat from LOTS of it.

An estimate would be 2 to 4 weeks of modelling. Again, hard to give a good estimate, since I did them a while back.

About the method: I'm not sure what it's called. I put a whole bunch of points, connect them into polys, then use hypernurbs. (I think it's called meshsmooth in other programs?). Sounds simple, doesn't it?

Oh, and then there's the texturing and renders, sadly I never got good at that. I'm glad you like them though.
you must have used spline lines .. im trying that now lol im starting an NSX model just to mess around with, no idea how its gonna turn out so lets just see what happens, so far im not to impressed lol cause you dont really get to see whats comming along until you actually apply the polys to it

lol my 944 is like crap to your clio, its a peice of junk (more like a game model than an actual model like yours lol)
and the 944 wheels.. ahhh the wheels.. so much work i have to do to fix them you have noooooo idea lol
Nope, didn't use any splines whatsoever

And I have to clear up: I've been playing around with 3D for just about a year now, my first car looked terrible compared to your Porsche
lol well.. i started my first attempt of poly modeling about 4 months ago.. didnt work out because i didnt understand how anything worked.. but im comming on about just over half a year now on 3d stuff
well, keep at it. It's a thing that takes a bit of practice.

This forum is worth looking at :

www.cgtalk.com (MUCH better than smcars.net imho.just a higher level)
You can start a thread in the WIP:3D section, and get some good advice. And check out the other threads, you can really learn a lot by doing that.
I know I did! I haven't been on there for a while, but I don't think much has changed for the worse, so worth a try. (Actually I think you can find most of my models on there, and compared to some of the other guys' work, they really aren't much as you'll see).

Again, I'm really pleased that someone here is interested in 3D for real, not just rendering the LFS cars (almost always in the same boring way) or editing the LFS cars' mesh. Just my own view
Quote from XCNuse :lol i havent even begun really on the back, just stuck a cheap exhaust piped for the render cause i was so tired
noticed majority of all the problems in the model yesterday too.. that wasnt much fun
got alot of work to put into it today .. lets see what i get done

szyszek... amazing lolm question is.. how much time did you spend on them
lol

one last thing, are you using editable mesh or editable (lol editable.. edible hah.. its early lol) editable poly?

Quote from XCNuse :you must have used spline lines .. im trying that now lol im starting an NSX model just to mess around with, no idea how its gonna turn out so lets just see what happens, so far im not to impressed lol cause you dont really get to see whats comming along until you actually apply the polys to it

lol my 944 is like crap to your clio, its a peice of junk (more like a game model than an actual model like yours lol)
and the 944 wheels.. ahhh the wheels.. so much work i have to do to fix them you have noooooo idea
lol

Quote from XCNuse :lol well.. i started my first attempt of poly modeling about 4 months ago.. didnt work out because i didnt understand how anything worked.. but im comming on about just over half a year now on 3d stuff

:doh: LOL!
LOL did you do that before tweak lol << lol i<<.... catn stop it! hahaha
0 down... 5 to go
and probably a 6th (an 05 viper)
.. not much progress aye?
WRX1... X
WRX2... might start on it soon
944... well lets just say i started to run into things (learned alot though)
NSX.. trying spline modeling, lets see how that turns out
MX-5 miata.. well lets see what happens

anyways, tristan will like this one, how about a miata anyone? anyone? yes...

using boolean cuts which i learned thanks to the tutorial looney posted here, its making life soooo sosoo much easier, anyways this is where i am at.. only about 5 hours into it, but TONS has been completed i have to say.. 5 hours into the 944 i had .. well nothing that you would call a car lol
Attached images
1.jpg
Looking good XC. Glad the tutorial was of some use.

Make sure you finish this one though.
Heh. I'm not a big fan of boolean as it tends to screw up the mesh a bit. But yes, they sure are easy to use

Looking good so far, I'd say the bumper and side skirts need more definition, but hey, they aren't done I assume so nevermind.

Are you going to add some panel depth as well?
actually i did only boolean cut wrong so.. now i know how to do it really easily, get your segment (been doing ovals since .. well.. there are alot of 0 shaped holes) and reduce the interpolations.. (however you say it lol) down to as low as possible without ruining the shape, because originally you would land up with about 40 polys which.. you really dont want! and after you do that, just weld some of the vertexes together that dont do much definition wise, and then for the rest just cut up some edges, and there you go
easy peasy lemon squeezy

now when you say panel depth which panels do you mean exactly?.. that reminds me.. need to work on rear top cause i know it has an odd shaped bend like the nose does on the hood

O/T Renders
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG