The online racing simulator
i just tried GTR2 and ...
(61 posts, started )
... definetly, NOTHING CAN BEAT LFS!!!

GTR2 has great graphics and some refined details, but ..it just does NOT feel the same.

Even the "simulation" mode. I have tried all possible realism and control adjustement settings, still something is just "missing"... looks like they have spent a lot on making the visual part, but the real physics simulation is totally missing, you can feel it especially when you get your car to wreck.. the collision situations are TRIGGERED and cheaply PRE-SCRIPTED. (they used that oldschool gaming programming method...) feels so mid 90's !..

..seen those faker 3d-solid tyres on the side tracks? a shame for a 2006 game ! bwhaha...

So far, LFS has the BEST PHYSICS EVER, the BEST dynamics ever and the best feel of simulation ever!!

HEIL LFS!!
LONG LIVE TO LFS!!
LFS FOR EVER !!
#2 - dev
Buy S2
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
That's all nice and sweet of you, but one could assume the devs would appreciate the '24£ development fund booster' more.
That's great. Cheapskate. Now you've wasted money on GTR2, perhaps consider selling it to fund your LFS addiction.
#6 - Goop
oh... so, it's ok to call another user a name now? Or only demo users?

/self-righteous mode off

B0mberman, nice, but s2 is where it's at :up:
You dig it so much - cough up!

Welcome to LFS btw
#8 - Davo
Wow you guys eat demo users alive, its a miracle that they actually buy S2 after such abuse. Who's to say he bought GTR2? Couldv'e played at a friends house.
#9 - Gunn
Quote from Davo :Wow you guys eat demo users alive, its a miracle that they actually buy S2 after such abuse. Who's to say he bought GTR2? Couldv'e played at a friends house.

Where's the abuse?
Abusive? lol. Learn to recognize friendly hassaling man.
Come on Davo, going by your flag you ought to know what good-natured shit-stirring looks like
lol we just take 'em into the vice btw i always wanted to test GTR 2 .... but my pc sucks... i dont even understand how can it run lfs with a grid of 20 cars lol
Quote from Davo :Wow you guys eat demo users alive, its a miracle that they actually buy S2 after such abuse. Who's to say he bought GTR2? Couldv'e played at a friends house.

The game has a free demo.
#14 - aoun
GTR 2 is an alright game.. its fun offline stuff..

But for the MEN! LFS s2!

You got 3 days to buy it or we are all going to kill you. illepall
Do it.. join the hive.
Buy S2 don't buy GTR2. I bought S2 2 weeks ago it's a blast.
Resistance is futile etc...
Quote from B0mberMan :... definetly, NOTHING CAN BEAT LFS!!!

GTR2 has great graphics and some refined details, but ..it just does NOT feel the same.

Even the "simulation" mode. I have tried all possible realism and control adjustement settings, still something is just "missing"... looks like they have spent a lot on making the visual part, but the real physics simulation is totally missing, you can feel it especially when you get your car to wreck.. the collision situations are TRIGGERED and cheaply PRE-SCRIPTED. (they used that oldschool gaming programming method...) feels so mid 90's !..

..seen those faker 3d-solid tyres on the side tracks? a shame for a 2006 game ! bwhaha...

So far, LFS has the BEST PHYSICS EVER, the BEST dynamics ever and the best feel of simulation ever!!

HEIL LFS!!
LONG LIVE TO LFS!!
LFS FOR EVER !!

I have same thinking about GTR2 and LFS like you and thats way I bought LFS licence, best money spent ever
Quote from B0mberMan :... definetly, NOTHING CAN BEAT LFS!!!

HEIL LFS!!
LONG LIVE TO LFS!!
LFS FOR EVER !!

I totally agree with B0mberMan. ISI's and GTR2s Physic Engine seem like still in the Mid-90s, compared to LFS, NR2003 or netkarPro.

The Graphics and the Sound are so Great and it's a shame really, I try to like it, and the Sound is just amazing, but the Physics always put me off. The General Physics of the cars are so simplified, it's annoying and feels like a Racing Game from 10 years ago.

Quote from B0mberMan : HEIL LFS!!

Dont say that. We have buried that word. Thank you and have a nice day :sheep:
I forgat to say; I think GTR 2 has best sound system on Earth

I would like to see so something like that in LFS
Quote from N I K I :I forgat to say; I think GTR 2 has best sound system on Earth

I would like to see so something like that in LFS

Erm... no. You want phantom turbo sounds in LFS too?

Hopefully LFS main sound engine will remain realtime generated but just add more samples of percussive effects like shift clunks, suspension squeeks and brake whine etc.
Regardless of the fact that LFS is "better" than everything else, I do believe that other sims have there place.

I like having other sims on my HDD, and enjoy playing them too, if I only used LFS I reckon I would probably get burnt out on it and get fed up after a while, I find that having fun on other sims keeps LFS fresh and interesting and stops me getting "sim burn out" (a phrase that is prevelent in the flight sim fraternaty)

Dan,
I like GTR2. The weather and real cars I enjoy. But down to the nitty gritty I play for the fun factor while I play LFS more because it simulates many things that other games do not have. Sure there are things that are missing, but they have been promised and I am waiting patiently for them:something:banghead::hide::nut::uglyhamme:chairs::smash3d:
In all honesty i played GTR2 for 10 minutes, dont think i completed more than 3 laps. It just didnt feel right. The car handled like a Fiat Panda i bought in 1992.

Maybe i just didnt give it chance but LFS is the only way forward.... Why use anything else???illepall illepall illepall

Demo Racers, come on buy S2. Your life will change for ever......

If you think you cant afford it, dont go boozing for a couple of weekends, rest your liver. You WILL feel the benefit..... TRUST ME!!!

H (Jack Bauer)

(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG