The online racing simulator
i just tried GTR2 and ...
(61 posts, started )
#51 - Sage
Played the demo for GTR2. Great game. But nothing, I mean nothing, tops Live for Speed.
#52 - Vain
I actually got GPL after I read so many positive things about it. But it's so difficult to get all that additional content that was created since it's release that I don't play it. And if I try to I end up reading forums, editing files and playing some other game after an hour of fiddling around...

Vain
Off topic a bit, "bought" Rfactor and installed the ORSM V8 supercar mod , after a bit of tweaking got to say its not bad at all, far superior in feel to the Original game.

Back on topic sort of its a shame that games such as GTR2 and GPL need to be so modded and tweaked as to make them playable, cos out of the box its not that nice at all.
Quote from richo :Back on topic sort of its a shame that games such as GTR2 and GPL need to be so modded and tweaked as to make them playable, cos out of the box its not that nice at all.

My humble opinion is, that crap is crap even if you cover it in gold. :bananadea
#56 - Nard
Yes, but it's pretty crap though.

Try to look at it from an ISI racer's perspective though, LFS doesn't have:

- Real cars
- Real tracks
- Real-sounding samples
- DX9 graphics

Given enough flame from ISI hardcores, those things outweight what LFS does better than ISI games (but are the most important IMO) and scares new racers away:

- Better physics
- Better player input converted to car reaction
- Better output of events through sound
- Better netcode
I prefer LFS over any other racing sim, because LFS makes me feel like i'm really driving a car. I'm really afraid to crash! (I could die! )

I'm not a very fast racer, so everytime i'm first when there are some other racers behind my tail i feel my heart beating in my throat. It's an adrenaline rush I've never experienced before in a racing game.
My problem with these games (GTR GTR2 GT legends) was the controll, they got a little delay when i turned the driving wheel.
(not cuz of my computer performace i got stable 60 fps in gtr2)
Quote from CJ Ice :My problem with these games (GTR GTR2 GT legends) was the controll, they got a little delay when i turned the driving wheel.
(not cuz of my computer performace i got stable 60 fps in gtr2)

I didn't have that problem.

The thing about GTL is this. The sound samples are very entertaining. The whole game is based around noise and the cars are older, less muffled, don't have cats or clever EU acceptable exhaust systems. So it's just great fun to turn the volume up. The driving feel is so very different to LFS and far less accurate IMO. Last night I played GTL for a bit, only got the full game yesterday. I got bored after about 45 mins and switched to LFS for some real racing with my R4R teammates.

For a genuine racing experience, with all the benefits of LFS World, LFS is still king.

Having said that, I don't think GTL is trying to be an LFS. I think the rhetoric behind these two games was completely different so there is no point criticising one or the other. They are trying to achieve different things.

btw - I think I've just been hypnotised by your avatar!
#60 - aoun
Ice, do you mean, when you turn the wheel.. you keep turning, then it starts to just turn ABIT?

Had that problem thought it was the wheel. Tried LFS, no problem. It was GTR2, and at highspeeds only.
gtr2 is ok
you cant compare the two games I actually think that lfs is fantastic but if you are not a fan of online games then for me lfs is very limited for me.
i wish lfs was a full single player game like gtr2 then we could really compare the two.
I never go online dont like it i play gtr2 gplegends and love playing the game against the aI

i just tried GTR2 and ...
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG