The online racing simulator
What makes a race for you?
(45 posts, started )

Poll : What do you look for in a race?

A ruddy good scrap, win or lose, down to the line
working my way up the grid and being happy with a place in top half of the grid
working my way up the grid and then winning
finishing a race without wrecking your car.
Winning!!!!! nothing else!
i was just thinking, as i am someone who doesnt often win races, but enjoy working my way up the grid, what other people look for in a race.

where's the option for a great battle that you barely win?
although for me, a race is better when i can battle with people of my own (or similar) skill, i often get kinda bored being on my own at the back of the pack, thats when i make a stupid mistake and crash

wee frase
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
how do i edit the poll, or can i not?
ill add " a good scrap"
Yeah, where is the battle option? The greatest races have always been the ones with good fights, I usually don't care if I win or lose if the fight was good and fair. But unfortunately most of the time they end up when someone spins out

edit. Had a second thought and I think the most fun races are when you start from the back and have lots of fights and win someone by 0.02 seconds
None of the above.

I like winning, sure. I like coming up from the back to win, sure. I like coming back, not wrecking my car and making the top half of the grid.

But ultimately I prefer a darn good race, with someone I know and trust, either with lots of repassing, or holding a faster person behind, or trying to find my way around someone slower than me. The most recently example of a perfect race was with Exodus, on BLGP in the XFR I think. I was miles quicker than him (then), but I started behind him thanks to reverse grids. After about 3 laps I caught him (lots of people between him and me), and I spent about 15 laps trying every passing move under the sun, inside, outside, drafting, feinting etc etc. And each time he put the car in EXACTLY the right place to either block the move or retake the position. It was awesome, and I was so happy to pass him on the outside of the final corner!!! Thanks Charles if you read this!
#7 - Woz
a protracted battle with someone of even skill
I like racing from behind and winning. If I am racing complete noobs and I am 1st in the first few corners, that's no fun. But if it is a hard fought battle up until the last lap, I like that.... especially because I'd be working hard to get a top position from the back of the grid, and to me, that is rewarding in a race.

Even if I were to crash and it would seem I would never get into a podium finish, I usually still try and let my luck turn out for best results. And it is fun to pressure the leading driver. If I know I can pass him, I am evil and play games with the driver.... to at least make the race enjoyable for that person, and not just be passed and bored all on their own. :o

I really dislike starting out front or immediately being first in a race and keeping it the entire time. It's boring that way. I like moving my way up the grid with slow and fast drivers. Always the best like that. And even if I start first and I have a way faster driver gaining on me, I like that too, because I have to work hard to keep that position. If they catch me much quicker than expected, and I know they could pass me, I play a bit defensive, and that is sort of 50/50 with finishing results, depending on how well and how fair I can defend
Quote from Captain Slow :how do i edit the poll, or can i not?
ill add " a good scrap"

a good battle> a good scrap
I don't race because I want to win.
I do it for the thrill of the battle.
If that's not so...
Then it's keeping my damned car in a straight line
Can´t find the option

"like to have a cool race with my buddies and I don´t care which place I get"

Quote from Gabkicks :where's the option for a great battle that you barely win?

Win or lose, a good battle with another driver is what makes a race fun and memorable for me. I don't care about winning so much as I care about beating "that guy".
Quote from tristancliffe :None of the above.

I like winning, sure. I like coming up from the back to win, sure. I like coming back, not wrecking my car and making the top half of the grid.

that describes perfectly what I think!
#14 - SamH
I added an option, for anyone that couldn't vote. I'm going to click on it in a min

Mods can add poll options, for future reference, so drop one of us a PM if you missed an option and want to add it
I like races where say I'm in second for 17 laps, then I pass SamH for the win. Those are the sort of races I like. Close battles where the person in front of me is being a little blocker, and I pass him after he makes a mistake, and as a result he finishes third :P

Close Battles FOR THE WIN!

Also, some good races are races that I'm in with people whom I respect, and I defeat even one or two of them, even for a few laps at the most, those make my day.
#16 - SamH
:fence3d: :uglyhamme
good fights and fun, fairness
Quote from SamH :I added an option, for anyone that couldn't vote. I'm going to click on it in a min

Mods can add poll options, for future reference, so drop one of us a PM if you missed an option and want to add it

hey cheers for that one. :Thumb:

:bowdown: *the mods* :bowdown:
Quote from SamH ::fence3d: :uglyhamme

Sam, admit it, you lost to a greater man :P.
#20 - SamH
I'll never admit it.. yoooo caaaaannnn't maaaaake meeeeee!
I like the battle. I enjoy pushing myself and the person I am battling to the limit. Being by myself is boaring unless somone is munching on my rear bumper.

If I am a lap down because of the turn 1 crashing, I like going back out and finding a good person to battle. My favorite was when I came out of the pits, got a blue flag by the leader, and let him by. I Pulled back behind him and we pulled away from the guy in second, on the last lap I went very low on the last sharp turn on AS3 and passed. The leader got next to me on the straight using my draft but did not get by, he shifted a little early which allowed me to get a slight lead right before the finish line (0.03) which allowed me to finish w/o being a lap down. :eclipsee_
I can't make you Sam? Well, I'll just have to beat you in every other race this year involving the RB4, make you eat my dust, or my turbulent wind.
Of course close fights with equally fast drivers. I'm usually too afraid of crashing so I let drivers that are clearly faster easily pass me. Those kind of public races are boring, when you are a bit faster than most of the drivers but 1-3 top drivers are simply out of your own class so you just end up driving alone. I need action. I rarely participate in longer organized races but then I'd actually like to just drive alone, then you can concentrate on your own driving.
#24 - Gunn
I'm satisfied if I have raced to the best of my abililty, win or lose. I don't mind not placing well, as long as I drove well, it's all good.
#25 - Goop
Quote from Gunn :I'm satisfied if I have raced to the best of my abililty, win or lose. I don't mind not placing well, as long as I drove well, it's all good.

Much the same here... tho, tbh... I really enjoy being a fraction faster than someone, and hassling the absolute shit out of them, forcing a mistake

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG