The online racing simulator
my awesome drift pass
(60 posts, started )
Quote from TagForce :Oh come on...
It's been said before, but I'll say it again anyway... If you don't like a thread or its subject... Don't post in it.

There's no reason to make anyone feel unwanted on these forums, other than to boost your own elite ego. This is rapidly becoming a very annoying trend here. Instantly bashing anything that is remotely different from what you like. There is an entire screenshots section, which' sole purpose is this "self-pimping" that you talk about...

Don't take this personally... I'm responding to your post, but I'm talking about a lot of people on these forums.

Either that, or I'm starting to see too much sarcasm on these boards.

+1
although the community on lfs is very friendly overall, the attitude towards n00bs and demo racers is terrible. im still learning to play the game, but some peoples attitudes just dont help!

frase
Quote from gingerman87 :+1
although the community on lfs is very friendly overall, the attitude towards n00bs and demo racers is terrible. im still learning to play the game, but some peoples attitudes just dont help!

frase

I disagree with that. This community's attitude towards newcomers is very, very positive. Look in the beginner's forum for proof of that.
It's attitude towards people who make irreverent posts in the wrong forum however is understandably not so positive.
It was a good basic short movie with clear goal and it deserves to be "alive". Maybe I'll look for a similar move that I have once made and make a similar vid of it too

By similar I mean a vid of just one pass...no promises though
Quote from farcar :I disagree with that. This community's attitude towards newcomers is very, very positive. Look in the beginner's forum for proof of that.
It's attitude towards people who make irreverent posts in the wrong forum however is understandably not so positive.

Yes... And in the beginner's forum you have the really obvious beginner questions... If we can help there, then why not just accept them on the entire forum?

This community has very racist tendencies, to put it very very very bluntly.
Newbies are fine as long as they stay in their own country. As soon as they move into our country they're met with hostility and ridicule. (not saying the lot of you are racist... Just trying to make a point).
#31 - th84
Heh, I just thought that I could do a passing compilation of all my passes. Now I just have to think and make my mind - which of the two I show first
The one, where you crash 10 meters later.
Quote from TagForce :Yes... And in the beginner's forum you have the really obvious beginner questions... If we can help there, then why not just accept them on the entire forum?

My comment about the beginner's forum was to illustrate the community's overall attitide towards beginners. Nothing else. What has this post got to do with the beginner's forum? Also what's the point in having different sections within the forum if you want to accept any post in any section of the forum? Should I post 'teh fully sikezt drifta pas eva' in the Patch test forum? No. Because the whole place would become a complete mess (and Scawen would flame me :tilt.

Quote from TagForce : This community has very racist tendencies, to put it very very very bluntly.
Newbies are fine as long as they stay in their own country. As soon as they move into our country they're met with hostility and ridicule. (not saying the lot of you are racist... Just trying to make a point).

Rubbish. I've never seen a genuine newbie question/comment posted in the correct forum get gunned down. Ever. And the racism analogy is a bad way to put your point across. This is one of the most tolorant and multicultural communities I know of.
Hey, at least it was a nice tidy and stylish pass

I would be proud of that, and would probably watch myself in replay after just to see what it was like
Quote from farcar :
Rubbish. I've never seen a genuine newbie question/comment posted in the correct forum get gunned down. Ever. And the racism analogy is a bad way to put your point across. This is one of the most tolorant and multicultural communities I know of.

But why does any post have to be shot down... How hard is it to simply ask that a mod moves this post, and that next time the poster should post in the relevant thread?

Multicultural, yes... tolerant? Not so sure... As a whole the community sometimes seems like incredibly tolerant and friendly, and at others seems completely elitist. I don't know why... Maybe I'm noticing it more because it started to annoy me.
Quote from farcar :I disagree with that. This community's attitude towards newcomers is very, very positive. Look in the beginner's forum for proof of that.

i dont mean purely in the forums, i would have thought it would be clear to tell a n00b from a wrecker: i.e. a clean racer, a bit slow with the odd mistake...but iv seen people getting so much hassle from the one mistake they make!
frase
Quote from TagForce :But why does any post have to be shot down... How hard is it to simply ask that a mod moves this post, and that next time the poster should post in the relevant thread?

Multicultural, yes... tolerant? Not so sure... As a whole the community sometimes seems like incredibly tolerant and friendly, and at others seems completely elitist. I don't know why... Maybe I'm noticing it more because it started to annoy me.

+1
#40 - wark
I raced the FOX on BL1 yesterday... Last right-hander in the first lap (the downhill one, before the underpass) i got caight in the middle of 2 other cars. it was crazy. The guy that was inside me (later braked a tad and let off) made me think 'oh please not a threesome here'
Quote from TagForce :But why does any post have to be shot down... How hard is it to simply ask that a mod moves this post, and that next time the poster should post in the relevant thread?

Yep nothing says welcome to lfs more than "go practice off line noob" Makes my heart sink every time I here something like that.
I think its the alpha-dog mentality. Put down the newcomers before they become rivals.
Quote from -wes- :Yep nothing says welcome to lfs more than "go practice off line noob" Makes my heart sink every time I here something like that.
I think its the alpha-dog mentality. Put down the newcomers before they become rivals.

My point is about the growing list of posts in the wrong forum, not putting down newcomers. If you look closely, the original poster is not a newcomer at all. His account was made in 2003.
Fear you!

My "movie" is done. And there is a reason why it is "a movie" not a movie

*uploading it*

PS. short movie - 2.44 min - and only 2 passes

AND: http://www.megaupload.com/fi/?d=MS4C6M8E

*runs*
Quote from Quint999 :sorry i got bored trying to find out how to get the file from megaupload

there really are some awful upload sites out there

Hmm, you just need to close that ad "window" and enter the "code", check my attachments below
Attached images
mega.jpg
mega1.jpg

If the mods wouldnt really sleep sometimes and worked better.The General discussion section is a lot of time very messy with posts which dont belong to this section.

I know it was mentioned several times its not their main job but their work here is sometimes really poor.

I am always for another new LFS player who joined our comunity which I still mark as the best I ever saw in online gaming but this new newcomers could sometimes really think in advance what they do.

I bet you dont cross the street without looking 1st left and right so why the people who post here dont look 1st if the section where they are willing to post something is really the correct one .
Quote : bet you dont cross the street without looking 1st left and right so why the people who post here dont look 1st if the section where they are willing to post something is really the correct one .

+1, being a noob is no excuse for not haviong common sense.
Quote from Quint999 :sorry i got bored trying to find out how to get the file from megaupload

there really are some awful upload sites out there

LOL... Make sure you click the download button and not just press enter when filling in the control characters. It's weird like that.

Nice vid, Hyper...
The last one was a nice fight. Good and clean. Good job.
Anyone else notice this?
Attached images
001.jpg
LOL

my awesome drift pass
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG