The online racing simulator
my awesome drift pass
(60 posts, started )
my awesome drift pass
hahah, so it was at the start of teh race.

I came up super close behind someone.

I over take him, and brake late and hard.

my front wheels started to lock up, while I was flooring the gas.

the front wheels locked up while the rear wheels kept spinning and I ended up drift passing this dude.

check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuA_FT4czLI
#2 - th84
:wow:
Why post this here? That was a totally average pass on a public race on T1 of the first lap...who cares?
for a sec, i felt special
Mods, please sticky this!
omg that was thej best pass eva!! thx for sharing i wonder why more people dont post their own amazing passes.
Nicely controlled! Just ignore the people who put you down, it seems some people get a lot of pleasure out of making negative comments whenever possible. I wish we had more threads like this about racing and having fun rather than requesting new features and complaining about what LFS is currently missing....
#9 - SoD
Sarcastic haters...

JUST WISH they could make made tight videos like this.
It would seem to me that at least some people around here like a good technical discussion (the Bob Smiths and tristancliffes and colcobs of the community). Others are newbies who have questions, and there are those who like answering those questions.

On the other hand, I don't think many people here like threads that would be considered "self-pimping", such as this one. Starting a thread or post saying, "Hey! Look at me! Aren't I great?", is just asking for the responses you see above. We're not here to give you an ego boost, and certainly not when you blatantly ask for one.
I was just pointing out that in t1 on blackwood its very hard to stop the xrt sliding like that, so thats an average move you would see on almost every race on that combo.
Quote from Forbin :It would seem to me that at least some people around here like a good technical discussion (the Bob Smiths and tristancliffes and colcobs of the community). Others are newbies who have questions, and there are those who like answering those questions.

On the other hand, I don't think many people here like threads that would be considered "self-pimping", such as this one. Starting a thread or post saying, "Hey! Look at me! Aren't I great?", is just asking for the responses you see above. We're not here to give you an ego boost, and certainly not when you blatantly ask for one.

Oh come on...
It's been said before, but I'll say it again anyway... If you don't like a thread or its subject... Don't post in it.

There's no reason to make anyone feel unwanted on these forums, other than to boost your own elite ego. This is rapidly becoming a very annoying trend here. Instantly bashing anything that is remotely different from what you like. There is an entire screenshots section, which' sole purpose is this "self-pimping" that you talk about...

Don't take this personally... I'm responding to your post, but I'm talking about a lot of people on these forums.

Either that, or I'm starting to see too much sarcasm on these boards.
no mean to be self pimping.

This was something that I THOUGHT was unusual in lfs, so I decided to post it.

No mean to "self pimp" myself. My life has been demanding so many things these days, and self pimping would be teh last on teh list.

Guess I should've posted this in teh screenshot section. I've only been on this forum like twice, so I sord of just did a random act by posting this video here.

to me, I don't really care about negative feedback. The only people who do such thing are the real "self pimps". Well, it is the internet afterall...
Not a bad pass, looks nice. You could actually post this in movies section.
BTW, you joined in 2003 and still a demo racer?
#15 - Goop
i'd like to see the thread name changed, Nice Pass! or something... and maybe moved to a better section. Then, when you put a move on someone that you are particularly proud of (or nominate someone else's move), you make a wee vid and post it in the thread. Could lead to constructive race-craft discussion... voila, suddenly we have something useful!

... or not
#16 - wark
Does anyone else see a pattern with the Canadians?
While it wasn't certainly 'awesome', I admit I can rarely handle those drifts on the damn XRT. Plus, you came out of the corner with good speed it seems. Good move!
Quote from wark :Does anyone else see a pattern with the Canadians?

Yea, all the Canadians in this thread were nice

[EDIT] Nice pass BTW I have a habit of doing that in the FOX for some reason... doesn't always work out as a pass though. LOL
Wanna see another cool drift pass?

Check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHdItAr2Ssw

Nelson Piquet (Renault, yellow-white) overtakes Ayrton Senna (Lotus, black) at Hungary '86. Piquet fails the first time, but the second... see it for yourself. This is a Formula 1 race, BTW.

On the words of Jackie Stewart: "It was like doing a loop with a Boeing 747".
Quote from Marty502 :Wanna see another cool drift pass?

Check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHdItAr2Ssw

Nice vid. Now we have a discussion kinda.

Quote from TagForce :Oh come on...
It's been said before, but I'll say it again anyway... If you don't like a thread or its subject... Don't post in it.

There's no reason to make anyone feel unwanted on these forums, other than to boost your own elite ego. This is rapidly becoming a very annoying trend here. Instantly bashing anything that is remotely different from what you like. There is an entire screenshots section, which' sole purpose is this "self-pimping" that you talk about...

Don't take this personally... I'm responding to your post, but I'm talking about a lot of people on these forums.

Perhaps I was being a bit too harsh and sarcastic, but posts like this frustrate me with their irrelevance to this section and they rarely generate stimulating discussion. The poster should have looked for the most relevant forum, found the Movies forum and posted his movie there.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Most pathetic video EVER!
Quote from TagForce :Oh come on...

People could look at least for correct sections.Its getting total mess here witha lots of non-sense post.At least moderators could start moving the threads properly and people before posting could think a bite more wise.

I am not against such a threads because I dont care about them but if the forum is getting messy then I am against such a post at inproper places.
Sorry but without being rude that really wasn't that amazing and starting a thread about how awesome you are if is anything but subtle.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :At least moderators could start moving the threads properly and people before posting could think a bite more wise.

(no need to be unfriendly towards the poster, though)
That's no miracle, dude. I think anyone who's been driving three years at blackwood with three cars (wonder how many laps with xrt ) can perform a pass like that..

my awesome drift pass
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG