The online racing simulator
Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Ridva22 :Network debugging shows that it redirects to "JP" servers. [..]
Would be good if someone else from Turkey can verify.

could be because of the use of an outdated GeoIP database. "My" 149.34.244.246 for example also gets redirected to US while its nowadays a NL registered IP. (Its a VPN IP so I have no issues in exposing this).

https://www.geolocation.com/ reports Amsterdam while https://whatismyipaddress.com/ reports New York.

You can have a similar issue with your IP.

To go around this problem for LFS guessing your location is to make some user selectable field where redirect can be manually selected as a sort of overruling userdefined setting.
Thanks for the great work Wink.

First mods with matching dashboard background textures look awesome. That adds so much value to the mods experience!
Quote from Ridva22 :Tested D25 patch and mod downloads are slower both in single and multiplayer.
Loading a new mod page takes 10-15s, it was around 2s before patch and most mods takes 10-20s or even longer.
Network debugging shows that it redirects to "JP" servers. Then installed D21 patch to try experimental redirect option. When enabled it redirects to "JP" again, disabling it doesn't show any message and mods download as normal.
Tried resetting network settings and fresh LFS installation with patch, didn't help.

Rough measure of "Formula XR-E" download times with redirect:
-enabled -> +7 seconds
-disabled -> +2 seconds

Not a big problem, it's just annoying knowing that it's normally faster.
Would be good if someone else from Turkey can verify.

I'm having the same issue as well, the game does redirect to Japan and the downloads are a lot slower than how it was without the new redirect option being enabled.
On older versions with the new option disabled the download speed is much better.

Also thank you so much for the dashboard update Scawen, it is a feature that I had been wanting for a long time Big grin
Something I was wondering because of the dashboard possibilities; is it possible right now to have uneven steps between the speedo? For example, in my car, the first few steps are 10km/h, then go to 20km/h, and in some cars the steps even increase with 30 or 40 in the end.

For example a Golf 6 speedo here.

I'm not familiar with modding, so sorry if this is possible already, I was just wondering, might increase the realism a little for speedos.
D30: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117

Backing texture can now be used with all types of clock texture
Support for new formula clocks text colour and opacity settings
FIX: Brightness of multi function display now matches the editor
Test Patch D31

Support for the updates in Editor D37:

Ability to set colours instead of using the system colours
Set background colour without supplying a backing texture
Some new options for road and formula clocks

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Scawen : off topic / spam
Hello! While I was playing on a server today, someone asked me why I hit it. But I didn't hit anyone. Then I said I will take mpr and look at it and when I looked at mpr, it seems like I hit the person who claimed I hit it, but I went through the man. I've had this problem 2 or 3 times. Some mods don't download when someone leaves the pit, resulting in such consequences. It would be nice if you could find a solution for this issue.
Quote from Yilmaz_Ali :Hello! While I was playing on a server today, someone asked me why I hit it. But I didn't hit anyone. Then I said I will take mpr and look at it and when I looked at mpr, it seems like I hit the person who claimed I hit it, but I went through the man. I've had this problem 2 or 3 times. Some mods don't download when someone leaves the pit, resulting in such consequences. It would be nice if you could find a solution for this issue.

This has been discussed before and I think Scawen fixed it somehow. Which test patch are you on? Seems like not the latest.
No, it is a known problem when people have a slow download rate between their computer and our servers.

The only thing we did to improve it, is the location based download, which improves the download rate for a lot of users in Asian or American regions.

But at least two Turkish users reported this made things worse, as the download was redirected to Japan, which was a worse download rate than the Netherlands. To me it's unexpected that users in Turkey would be redirected to Japan, but so far I haven't pressed Victor to look into it as I know he is busy with other things. I can ask him to look soon or maybe I should also add an option in LFS to prevent redirect.

Yilmaz_Ali - when you are next online, can you switch on network debug (SHIFT+F8). If you get redirected to Japan when you download a mod, you will see a yellow chat message, I think it's "Redirect : JP" then we'll know if the same issue has affected you too.
Quote from superlame :This has been discussed before and I think Scawen fixed it somehow. Which test patch are you on? Seems like not the latest.

I'm on patch D31. I'll turn on the feature that Scawen said and try it soon.
Quote from Scawen :No, it is a known problem when people have a slow download rate between their computer and our servers.

The only thing we did to improve it, is the location based download, which improves the download rate for a lot of users in Asian or American regions.

But at least two Turkish users reported this made things worse, as the download was redirected to Japan, which was a worse download rate than the Netherlands. To me it's unexpected that users in Turkey would be redirected to Japan, but so far I haven't pressed Victor to look into it as I know he is busy with other things. I can ask him to look soon or maybe I should also add an option in LFS to prevent redirect.

Yilmaz_Ali - when you are next online, can you switch on network debug (SHIFT+F8). If you get redirected to Japan when you download a mod, you will see a yellow chat message, I think it's "Redirect : JP" then we'll know if the same issue has affected you too.

I've had this problem once again today since the last time I wrote and it said "Redirect : JP" as you said.
What about just having a region selector? Make the default auto, but let people be able to override it if DNS decides to give them a suboptimal host
Victor has now added an exception for Turkey, so Turkish users should no longer be redirected to Japan for their mod downloads.

I may still add the option to disable redirection, in case a similar problem comes up for people in other countries at some point. That's easier to code than a region selector as LFS already has a way to avoid being redirected.
Quote from Yilmaz_Ali :Hello! While I was playing on a server today, someone asked me why I hit it. But I didn't hit anyone. Then I said I will take mpr and look at it and when I looked at mpr, it seems like I hit the person who claimed I hit it, but I went through the man. I've had this problem 2 or 3 times. Some mods don't download when someone leaves the pit, resulting in such consequences. It would be nice if you could find a solution for this issue.

I experienced the same situation. A policeman was chasing me on the TC server, but there was no police behind me. Thanks to insim's siren plugin, I could tell the police were behind me. On the map, the police appeared in a circle compared to other racers who appeared in triangles.
And of course I paid the fine. Big grin
Test patch D32 now has support for the new hub objects that can be added in Editor D39.

Also:

Regional downloads (for mods) can be disabled by a new Misc Option
A yellow redirect message is shown the 1st time you are redirected
Hold CTRL in Garage: Mods button becomes Test (direct to Test mode)
Opening mods screen is prevented if a rating request is in progress

FIX: Crash enabling filter in List of Hosts after all were disabled
FIX: Small camera movement on releasing LMB after 2-button rotation

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117
looks like a smart culling systems for the wheels when they are on the opposite side of the face that the camera is seeing, perfectly normal to me. Shrug
Yeah that's an illusion (that the wheel can sometimes appear rotated at a funny angle). Smile

The illusion is helped by the inner parts of the wheel in your video being darker, so one part of our brain's visual system wants to think that part is further away, when in fact it is nearer.
please scaew fix the steering wheel detection because when you change the steering wheel is giving error
Attached images
errro.jpg
Quote from juliao :please scaew fix the steering wheel detection because when you change the steering wheel is giving error

You’re using version 0.7D so this is not related to the test patches in any way. You can use the Technical assistance or a Bug reports forum to report your issue.
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Scawen : daily spam, really boring
Quote from Flame CZE :You’re using version 0.7D so this is not related to the test patches in any way. You can use the Technical assistance or a Bug reports forum to report your issue.

please scaew fix the steering wheel detection because when you change the steering wheel is giving error
Attached images
amostra.png
This is not a new issue related to the test patch. I think you need to ask in the technical assistance section.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/5-Technical-Assistance

You will need to say which wheel you are using and which version of the drivers you are using, which version of Windows, etc. Maybe someone has come across the same problem and can help you.

LFS force feedback works properly with most wheels, so this is most likely a problem on your computer, not an LFS bug.

Or maybe I misunderstood you... you say something about changing wheels? Maybe there is a specific sequence of events that causes the problem. Then maybe you need to report in the bugs section. Either way, please be very detailed in your explanation, so we have some idea how to help you.

But as Flame says, this is not related to the test patch, so we do not discuss it here.
This is likely the issue with Windows recently deploying (recently meaning like 4/5 months ago) the GameInput Runtime which grabs control over wheels. Some vendors have released updated drivers to fix this, but it seems to still affect Logitech wheels.

Disabling the service in Windows fixes it.
This thread is closed

Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG