The online racing simulator
Drift vs Grip
(205 posts, started )
Quote :drift (drĭft) Pronunciation Key
v. drift·ed, drift·ing, drifts

v. intr.

1. To be carried along by currents of air or water: a balloon drifting eastward; as the wreckage drifted toward shore.

Live for Hot Air Ballooning??

Quote from Dennis93 :/facepalm,

Can't drifters go to lfs-torque if they have such a problem with ''grippers''
instead of starting discussions everytime they come here?

Kthx

alot of ppl dont know about lfs-torque or atm not many ppl post about drifting there

we need a drifting sub-forum, that way ppl that want to talk about drifting have a forum and the ppl that dont like it wont have to see it
We don't need one. That's like saying there should be an Arabian drift forum, a demo forum, a cruise forum, a banger forum, a rallycross forum, etc.

People don't have to see this thread either but they have the urge or the bravery to express their opinion. And express it they do. It's all about behavior really and besides, this is a community connected by the amazing (and disgusting) Internet, not a segregated forum.

Though this discussion is beaten far past death and the afterlife, I really like some of the more intelligent bits of input or insight given to us by people like Zen or Tristan. If there was any easier way to understand the concept of slip angles and tire dynamics, this thread had it in between the arguments (not exactly where I would like it but knowledge is power!).
Quote from Scatter :We don't need one. That's like saying there should be an Arabian drift forum, a demo forum, a cruise forum, a banger forum, a rallycross forum, etc.

People don't have to see this thread either but they have the urge or the bravery to express their opinion. And express it they do. It's all about behavior really and besides, this is a community connected by the amazing (and disgusting) Internet, not a segregated forum.

Though this discussion is beaten far past death and the afterlife, I really like some of the more intelligent bits of input or insight given to us by people like Zen or Tristan. If there was any easier way to understand the concept of slip angles and tire dynamics, this thread had it in between the arguments (not exactly where I would like it but knowledge is power!).

Thank you very much for the cheer comment!

You are right, and something people do not understand properly is that they would find the answer to their theories a lot faster "in game" than here.
Before trying to learn the theory, I experimented things in races, spend I don't know how many hours on my setup, to finally get a satisfying output, then I tried to understand my behavior regarding the theory, and if there was a contradiction, I tried to change my way
Quote :You are right, and something people do not understand properly is that they would find the answer to their theories a lot faster "in game" than here.

Very true. We shouldn't have conclusions until some sort of proof is shown to us or some experiment is done. Otherwise, they're really just assumptions, opinions, or theories (though they can be convincing). I mean this game simulates driving fairly well but it isn't perfect. Even complex ballistic calculating computers can't tell you how to adjust a sniper scope to get the perfect shot. They get it right but they can also get it wrong.

You can have as many facts and theories as you would like to prove something right but it only takes one experiment with the contradictory results to make it all wrong. Then we'd have to change to understand and embrace the concept. It's too bad stubborness gets the best of us and turns nicely cut proofs and results into a bitter war of words.

Speaking of proof, I haven't seen a lot of it in this thread. Though I haven't totally caught up in this thread, it's mostly a debate of theories that are actually true. Hopefully this is a bit of evidence to show that driving in between the extremes of "drifting" and "gripping" is quick, if not quicker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2p2nRK-p4

Edit: I actually wish that I or some other person can try "grifting" (between the limit of grip and drifting) out ourselves. *sorry for the lame new vocabulary*

Drift vs Grip
(205 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG