The online racing simulator
Are you satisfied with LFS
(68 posts, started )

Poll : Are You HAPPY with LFS

Yes I'm happy
No I'm not HAPPY
The choices are much too black and white for me. There are things in other sims that I really enjoy that LFS doesnt have and vise versa (BMW E90 mod for rFactor ). I'll say I'm pleased
I'm missing option "something between", but i voted Yes, because of all things that came and things which we will (probably) have sooner or later.
i'm satisfied too. But if i had 1 magic touch to lfs i'd touch to add a car editor to build my own cars.And race them online.
Quote from ZORER :i'm satisfied too. But if i had 1 magic touch to lfs i'd touch to add a car editor to build my own cars.And race them online.

Then it'll turn into RFactor, and that's a big no no.
I have to say im not statisfied with LFS.
There are alot of bugs. In my opinion there should be a complete car or track without bugs, Then you can release it. Also I dont like the skies too much and the scenery is also low-res. I know that this is all about the phisycs but a bit less cartoony like looks would be alot better.
And some moving hands while shifting would'nt be too bad either.
I can continue going on and on but this is enough said for me.
Quote from Vinnylegends :I have to say im not statisfied with LFS.
There are alot of bugs. In my opinion there should be a complete car or track without bugs, Then you can release it.

A L P H A
I'm happy with where LFS is from an engine standpoint but its potential is really being wasted with the slim choice of tracks we have at the moment. I'm not asking for a bajillion tracks ALA rFactor but atleast some more variety with decent elevations changes and the like, let the physics engine shine guy's!
I'm satisfied. Only bug is that I keep loosing connection in online servers, during evening time (limited bandwidth maybe.) ONE bug I would like to be fixed.
Highly doubt it's a bug. More likely a shakey connection or something. Happens to me sometimes when I've downloaded alot.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Highly doubt it's a bug. More likely a shakey connection or something. Happens to me sometimes when I've downloaded alot.

Nah, its one of those JOOS d/c's. my conn is fine on the i-net/PS3.
Ohhhh, have you being using a tweak or something lately? Could be why, have you tried re-installing and the likes?
I have to say that at the moment I´m not satisfied with LFS. I was for the first couple of years of playing it but it´s gotten old and stale for me since then because the development is so slow and the game really hasn´t changed that much since the time I started playing.

So flame me away.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ohhhh, have you being using a tweak or something lately? Could be why, have you tried re-installing and the likes?

Umm... vob. files don't affect much.
I used to be satisfied with it, but now not so much. This is because development is still too slow for my liking (I've been very patient since 2003). Still, I want LFS to thrive and beat all the "big name" companies out there.
Since i have put my money in $racing i have to say LFS is quite unsatisfying now , i even left a league race yesterday as it was feeling quite boring
LFS is the only game that has been installed on my hard drive since Feb 2003. Nuff said. (although I do not play it very often )
Quote from SR BaCkFiRe :I used to be satisfied with it, but now not so much. This is because development is still too slow for my liking (I've been very patient since 2003). Still, I want LFS to thrive and beat all the "big name" companies out there.

Same boat as me, sir.
Quote from Vinnylegends :
There are alot of bugs...
Also I dont like the skies too much and the scenery is also low-res...
And some moving hands while shifting would'nt be too bad either...

There are a few things that you could say to suggest LFS is incomplete, but 'a lot of bugs'? It's one of the most stable and bug free pieces of software I've seen.

Re sky: Download the highres skies.
Re moving hands while shifting: The difficulty as I understand is that the software would need to anticipate a shift. In real life, the driver's arm moves before the shift. This, being impossible, has contributed to this feature being absent. It would be a nice touch during replays though.

OT
Quote from TypeRCivic :Are you happy with the way LFS in leaning towards??

Absolutely! I just wish it would lean faster.
Yes I'm happy
#45 - 5haz
It's the most complete sim I've come across, and it isn't even into Beta stage!

Perhaps in some ways Papyrus sims were more satisfying, but yes I'm certainly much more satisfied than with my previous sim, rfactor!
I got my £24 worth after the first few weeks, everything else a bonus. Content isn't the problem new tracks/cars would be sticking plasters.
I think we have too many servers, and a general apathy to online conduct or lack of it, many bitch and complain when they get carved up or wrecked but If its someone else... tough.

I see team members tacitly excepting there fellow team members inexcusable behavior I see admins not practicing what they they preach.

But ...Just one more race.
An alpha-build made of pure candy.........pure satisfaction here
matseracer - ENOUGH WITH THE ARCHEOLOGY ALREADY!!!
I still like it very much. I especially like the way LFS develops and the community. I tried (bought) Race07 and i think i could like that game too, but i never play it because i don't have the time. I've heard good things about GTR Evolution but i haven't bought it because i haven't got the time for that either. I play one league in LFS and i like that and the other people that are in it and that is all i can handle right now (sometimes i haven't even got the time to prepare for that one race).

If there ever will come an S3 and i still have the same interest i will buy that the day it comes available.
As a recent mac user convert, i find myself using lfs less and less as it requires me to load bootcamp. otherwise good game

Are you satisfied with LFS
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG